[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - HAIR LOSS AND THE MASTER CLEANSE

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: HAIR LOSS AND THE MASTER CLEANSE
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:35 pm 

I wanted to take a few minutes out of my day to tell you all something in hopes that it will help someone.
I have done many 10 day cleanses and a 21 day cleanse. Today is day 1 of what I pray to accomplish a 60 day cleanse.
I have hair that goes to the bottom of my butt. This time last year many people would say I had the most beautiful hair they had ever seen. It was healthy. It still is but its half....Literally I lost Half my hair in the last 2 months. After researching online and running into lots of post of people who had completed the master cleanse and a few months later experienced lots of hair loss as well. I thought the Grade b MAPLE syrup was giving me everything I needed but I found that to not be true. Protein produces hair there is 0 protein in the maple syrup. So even if you do the cleanse for 10 days you are losing so much protein. When someone is facing life or death im sure the last thing they care about is hair loss so the master cleanse does it job and their hair will grow back.

For those women out there who have long hair and don't want to see devestation like I have MAKE SURE!!!! that while you are on this cleanse you take a protein supplement wheather it be a shake or tablets. http://www.wachters.com/catalogitem.php ... el=protein <----this is one way to go

It has tons of good stuff in it! Also contains wheat grass. Or do a healthy protein shake. Please learn from my mistakes you guys! My hair is growing back but obviously it will prob take 5 to 7 years for it to get back to how it was. The master cleanse isnt actually fasting because your taste buds are turned on.The master cleanse is detoxing So it will not effect the cleanse if you do this.
I pray God is with you all on your cleanse. Remember If you have a Dream it won't become reality unless you work at it.

Goal Weight: 170
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGabhKm/]

Post subject: Re: HAIR LOSS AND THE MASTER CLEANSE
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:08 pm 

Rapunzel; Thank you for your post. I lost quite a bit of hair prior to Cleansing due to coloring and menopause :( .
I had heard that doing a Cleanse longer than 20 days increases the chance of hair loss. Last Cleanse was 30 days. This one, may be 14 days. Hair loss is always a big concern for me, since my hair was thin to begin with, continual loss is not attractive.
So, I will check out the link you posted, but want to first say...

Thank You.
8)

MC #1 Oct-Nov 2010....30 days..MC #2 Jan 2011 10-14 days

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:42 pm 

Hair loss might become a problem, but I don't want to add a protein shake. Personally, I think whatever negative effects the cleanse has on the hair will be repaired after the cleanse.

We each have to find whatever works. I admire a person going 60 days. You will lose a whole person in that amount of time. Good luck.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:20 pm 

I just found this and thought it might be of help to those concerned about hair loss:

Source: http://therawfoodsite.com/forum/show...6&postcount=24

"Meat-eating creates an acid condition in the body. When meat is eliminated, the body tries to reestablish its naturally-healthy, alkaline condition. As the acid condition of the body changes to one of alkalinity, symptoms may arise that may confuse the new vegetarian. A sour, disagreeable odor may emit from the body as the acids leave or are neutralized. Hair may fall out and the breath may turn foul. Urine may be very dark and a sharp, bitter taste may be in the mouth."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:29 pm 

I did a 21 day cleanse and then a month later did another 21 day cleanse. About 2 months later, the hair loss began and lasted for about 4 months. It was VERY Scary!! I would have to sit at work with a garbage can next to me and filled it every day. I was worried it wouldn't stop but it eventually did. I was lucky to start with thick hair because it was actually wispy at the end of it all.
I'm hoping it was because I did 2 consecutive cleanses as I'm planning another cleanse this Spring but will only do one 21 dayer.....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:48 am 

Always something isn't it? I am trying hard not to dwell on anything negative that might happen. I'm too far along now to worry about any side-effects of this cleanse. I just want to lose weight.