[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - first cleanse over, onto a new lifestyle...

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 10:22 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: first cleanse over, onto a new lifestyle...
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:52 am 

i finished my first ever cleanse this past thursday. it was an awesome experience.

now comes the "hard" part, changing the way i eat for good.

i'm going raw for the most part. i'll indulge when the time is right but not often. i've gone raw before but it didn't last.
this time i have a new approach, eat as much raw fruits and veggies as i want and limit the nuts/seeds. last time i went "gormet raw" with all kinds of fancy recipies that try to look and taste like cooked food. it was a real p.i.a. as well, i needed to prepare all kinds of stuff way ahead of time.
there's nothing worse the being hungry and finding a tastey sounding recipe only to find out that part of it needs to be dehydrated for 12 hours.
i'm not saying that i won't stay away from gourmet raw food, but i won't try to live on it.

here's an example of what i'll eat in a day:

first thing, oj and then i'm out the door.

morning at work, 2 bananas, and orange and a box of raisins.

"lunch" spinach salad w/ handfull of walnuts, carrots, celery, onion and a light hemp oil dressing that i make at home and have in the frige.

afternoon at work, an apple, and orange and a banana.

"dinner" another green salad. (i really like greens, can't get enough of them)

i drink, on average, 1.5-2 gallons of water a day.

i won't eat the same fruits every day (except for the nana's), sometimes it's mango's and pineapple, sometimes it's whatever i found that's organic and ripe.

as you can see the bulk of what i eat is fresh fruits and greens. somedays i'll eat more greens then fruit, other days the opposite.

with raw you really can't over eat in the traditional sense. the food is so digestable.

3days in and i feel better/more energy then i did on the cleanse, and i had alot of energy on the cleanse.

Post subject: Re: first cleanse over, onto a new lifestyle...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:32 am 

obstacles:

finding ripe fruit is hard.
finding ripe, organic fruit is even harder.
i can't wait for summer.

other then that, day4 post cleanse has been good. staying raw, drinking more water then ever and feeling great.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:45 am 

Well done, kaiser! Keep us updated with your new raw style, if you wish to :)

My MCs viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8618

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:01 am 

thanks. i think i will. it's nice to stop in and type out what i am doind/what i did. it's like self support.
it helps keep it "fresh" and reinforces my commitment to health.

last night i went to 3 grocery stores looking for fresh, ripe, organic fruit.

i was only able to get some oranges, apples and 1 dragon fruit. lol
good news is i was able to get some very nice kale, kale had been lacking around here lately.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:16 am 

dragon fruit, and odd thing it is. the one i bought was ripe, and expensive (7 bux for 1).

it was interesting but i won't buy one again, not alot of flavor at all. easy to eat though, like a big kiwi.
cut it in 1/2 and scoop out the insides. just not worth the $$.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:49 pm 

Sounds like a great plan :D I had the same problem when I went raw. I made mostly gourmet and then I couldn't help eating it all :lol: I'd eat burgers, pizzas and wraps all in one day..Yikes! I think my biggest problem is that I don't particularly like salad. I'm going to try to find alot of different salad varieties that I can make to hopefully not lose interest this time :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:41 am 

Dragon fruit..I haven't tried it yet. I'll check next time I hit the big supermarket, if they sell it and how much it costs.
I like raw gourmet food too. I make my own fudge bars (nuts+dried fruits - blended), nut butters of any kind (peanut, coconut, almond, nutella, tahini), salads...
It's funny we go to many stores just to find the particular item. On my current shopping list I have 6 items and I need to go to 4 different stores to get all those specific products :wink:.

My MCs viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8618

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 am 

i've been eating atleast one spinach salad a day.
the rest is mostly fruits, about every other day i'll have some home made raw, unsalted trail mix.
dinners have been mostly green smoothies.
still drinking 80-100 oz's of water a day.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:45 am