[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Chrissy's 2012 Maintenance/Diet Journal

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 10:37 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Re: Chrissy's 2012 Maintenance/Diet Journal
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:58 pm 

Alicia you are too funny :!:

I guess that was really the main point of the lecture. Those poor mice or rats that kept hitting for the cocaine, but guess they went out with a bang :) It does teach a lesson for sure.

How am I doing, well, could be better, got lots of weight to lose, having low energy level and still healing up from my hole-digging for fruit tree adventures.

Wish you were starting on the 1st of March with me, some others here are starting then too. Good you stick with your principles though, especially since you are a pure MCer. I respect that about you.

Thanks so much for your support around here to everyone, your blogs are fun too :lol:

Btw: how are avocados "fuerte" :?: .......... they are not strong, just mushy and delish :mrgreen:

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFuRZSV/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:34 pm 

Thanks for the support Carmel, means alot. :)

Well kids, 2 more days posting the food journal, then yikes, time to starve all my fat off. :shock: At least I'm not doing this alone, so many newbies on-board now, it's great :!:

Feb 28
am: lime/grapefruit juice
noon: big salad/sprinkle sunflower seeds
pm: zuchini spiralized, italian/mushroom/soy sausage/garlic sauce.
snacks: corn torts/ fresh salsa, manna bread

more later,

Feb 29
am: papaya, coffee my last splurge before tomorrow :o
noon: leftovers, see above, salad.
pm: my last meal, tomatoe soup, beans, torts, greens, avocado, salsa. MMM :!:

SEE YOU ALL BACK ON JOURNALS/BLOGS FORUM TOMORROW :D

Last edited by ChrissyO on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:21 pm 

Can you believe we're still here?! 2 months down, 10 to go! I weigh in tomorrow, :?
Hope I've been able to maintain.

How are you doing? Mentally? This journey is amazing, worth it, and wonderful......but so draining. Do you agree? :|

Did you enjoy your last meal? :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 am 

I posted this earlier on another blog, wanted to save here.

Nutrient Density Charts: The complete guide for a healthy life.

Studying the complexity of the human body is simply mind-boggling. In a fraction of a moment, millions of chemical reactions transpire within the human system. Cellular respiration, muscular contractions, and nerve impulses are but a few of these factors; however, with such magnificence comes a price. This price is known as energy. Energy is required for all of these transactions to take place. To obtain this fuel, we turn to nutrition.

Nutrients are substances that the body can use to obtain energy, regulate bodily functions, and add to physical structure. These nutrients must be provided by whole foods or supplementation. A nutrient can also be defined as that which the human organism cannot produce enough of or cannot produce at all, and yet is reliant on for survival. There are six types of nutrients: carbohydrates, lipids, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and water. The body requires large quantities of the former half, hence, they are termed macronutrients. Vitamins and minerals, on the other hand, are named micronutrients because they are needed in minuscule amounts.

When you qualify foods according to basic nutrients they contain, rather than the complex combinations of compounds in whole foods, the synergy that may exist between them and many other contributing factors of diet and lifestyle; you lose sight of the forest for the trees.

It’s easy to slap a label on a cereal box claiming that the product is “high in omega-3’s!” or label a quart of homogenized and pasteurized milk as “low fat!” This does not necessarily make that product good for you!

Low-fat, low-carb, and low-sugar labels help sell processed industrial foods and de-emphasizes differences in food quality and types of food. Michael Pollan points out that there are 80,000 known edible plant foods, 3,000 of which have been in common use and yet over 60% of the caloric intake in the worldwide diet consists of four subsidized, industrialized crops: corn, rice, soy and wheat.

Nutritionist Marion Nestle says that “The problem with nutrient-by-nutrient nutrition science ”is that it takes the nutrient out of the context of food, the food out of the context of diet and the diet out of the context of lifestyle.”

600 calories worth of fast food french fries are NOT the same as 600 calories of kale. In the same vein, 600 calories of brown rice aren’t the same as 600 calories of kale either. Sure, brown rice is a natural food, but it is are also far less nutrient dense than kale (and a host of other foods), according to Dr. Fuhrman’s Nutrient Density chart.

Leafy green vegetables (like kale, collard greens, spinach, bok choy, cabbage and romaine lettuce) top the chart as the most nutrient dense foods. These foods have nutrient density scores at or close to 1000. Other foods that are very nutrient dense (with scores over 100) include:

Red Peppers
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Green Peppers
Artichokes
Carrots
Asparagus
Strawberries
Tomatoes
Blueberries

Oatmeal has a score of 53. To give a little perspective to this, you would have to eat 4 bowls of oatmeal to equal the nutrient density of just one bowl of strawberries and 20 bowls of oatmeal to equal one bowl of kale!

It’s a well-known fact that many Americans don’t eat enough fruits and vegetables each day, but even among those that do—you may not be getting all the nutrients you might expect.

Nutrient Density Score Chart:
http://the10centdiet.blogspot.com/2010/ ... chart.html

Another link:
http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/article17.aspx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:59 am 

Alicia, thanks for your support.

I decided to change this post and answer your questions from above, where u asked me...."How are you doing? Mentally? This journey is amazing, worth it, and wonderful......but so draining. Do you agree?"

Mentally I am determined to follow through. It is amazing how our bodies will heal if we give them the right tools. The draining part is the waiting, the patience we need to persevere, yes, I agree with you, but rewarding all the same.

Are you still planning a cleanse in May or sooner :?:

What diet/exercise program are you following now :?:

Last edited by ChrissyO on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:13 am 

Here I am.................................................

Back to my food accountability blog till April 1st unless otherwise, like cleansing sooner :?:, we will see. No weigh-ins so I won't get discouraged. :P

March 13:
am: citrus-juice blend, coffee/almond milk
noon: salad, nori/avocado wraps
pm: tomatoe soup/ corn, sprouted corn torts/almond cheese/cilantro
snacks: oatmeal cookie, tangerines, peanuts
Other: Healthforce VitaMineral Green, thyroid&seaweed supps.
Energy level, low-medium.
Exercise: walked

Alicia asked if I'm exercising. Not regularly, gotta get back to it regularly :!: Did long walk over weekend up at the lake, though.

Working to stay on my healthy eating program, focusing on my one/year goals.

More later,

March 14
am: coffee/almond milk
noon: guacomole/chips/salsa, salad/cashew/ranch dressing
pm: beans/torts/salsa, steamed beets
snacks: oatmeal cookie, strawberries, ricecakes
energy: low, with/lowgrade groin and back pain from lifting my grandgirls who visited yesterday, gotta stop lifting them, OUCH :(

Last edited by ChrissyO on Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:09 am 

Nobody visits me here anymore, :cry: I need an eating buddy between cleanses. :mrgreen:

March 15
am: sweet limes/water, raw hazelnuts
noon: steamed cauliflower rice, salad/cashew ranch dressing (recipes below)
pm: sprouted corn torts, almond cheese, mashed pintos, salsa
snacks: oatmeal cookies/almond milk
other: nutritional supps

Cauliflower Rice:Steam (or make raw) cauliflowerettes 5-7 minutes. Process through grater disc, in food processor. Use as rice dish alone or add to any dish or ingredients you like.

Vegan Ranch Dressing: 1/2 cup soaked raw cashews, 1 1/2 cup almond (or any vegan milk), 2Tb. chia seeds, 4 Tb. lemon juice, 2 cloves garlic (or 1/2 tsp powder), 1/4 tsp. black pepper, 1 tsp. granulated onion, 1/2 tsp salt, 2 Tb. minced fresh or dried parsley, 4 tsp. raw or dried chives, 1Tb. nutritional yeast. Blend, refridgerate few hours. Thin or thicken to your taste.

I watched the Rosie show yesterday, she was interviewing Suzanne Somers, they talked about hormones and how important they are for women. I know about the bio-identicals and want to get on them when I can afford it. Anyone here on them?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:23 am 

I'm checking in on you ^_^ I'm still visiting everyones pages every day, just not commenting anymore ahha.

Your food sounds SO nice. Is it warm in Cali? I LOOOOVE eating salads outside in the sun :D (but there's no sun where I am... :( )

Have you tried raw cheesecake? I always wanted to but never got round to finding the ingredients. When I was on my cleanse I spent ages collecting raw desert recipes and found this:
http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=39989.0

I MEAN, LOOK AT THOSE THINGS. They look so gorgeous. If you get the chance, try them out and let me know if they're any good hahaha.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 am 

Hi Ami, my old buddy, thanks for stopping in, it's lonely over here in the land of eating. :(
How's things going for ya :?: Yes, those vegan desserts sound really good, but too high in fat and sugar (agave) for me now, while im still trying to lose weight, later for sure. In fact I really need to get stricter on my diet, and do more exercise :!: It has been excellent weather here in sunny Calif, like usual, though we are getting a rainstorm over this coming weekend. Eating salads in the sun, yes, good idea for getting Vit-D. :D

March 16
am: citrus juice, hazelnuts, 2 oranges, coffee/Almondmilk
noon: Salad, cauli/rice, steamed beet
pm: chips and salsa, bean burrito

March 17
am: oranges, hazelnuts, citrus juice/water
noon: beans/torts/greens/salsa
pm: zuchini noodles (made w/spiralizer),italian sauce/mushrooms/parmesan
snacks: tangerines

Last edited by ChrissyO on Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:24 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:25 am 

Hi!!!!!!!
Yeah, the waiting to see results is the worst.
On the MC we tend to see results just about every day, but off the MC things definitely move slower. :(
Right now I'm trying to maintain a low calorie diet. About 1200-1500 calories. Most importantly I'm really, really trying to get active. So hard!
Up here in Northern Cali we have had rain all week.
Normally I love, love, love the rain. I mean, I would marry a rain cloud if I could. :wink:
But when trying to get out and walk/exercise, rain doesn't work. :x
So I've got to figure something out.

Question:
Have you heard of and tried "Erythritol"?
I found it at Whole Foods and it's supposed to be
zero calorie
zero glycemic
and doesn't have a laxative effect like Xilitol.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:24 am 

Hi Alicia,
Good for you maintaining your progress, a rare thing :)
We are getting your rain now, just started this am, nice.
Never heard of the Erythritol, sorry, what's it made from?
I use stevia, got used to it now, tastes just like sugar to me.

Thanks for stopping by, :D

March 18
am: 2 oranges, manna bread/tahini/jam, tea/almondmilk
noon:quacomole/chips, tomato, almond cheese, zuchini/italian sauce
pm: lentil stew/torts, greens, avocado, fresh salsa
other: supps

March 19
am: 2 oranges, hazelnuts, manna bread toast/tahini
noon: salad, lentils, baked chips/guac/salsa
pm: stirfried veggies/rice

March 20
am: cranberry water, tea
noon: rice/lentil stew, baked corn chips, tangerines
pm: salad, lentil stew, baked corn chips.

March 21
am: papaya/banana/tangerines/tea
noon: salad/lentil stew
pm: lentil stew/mashed potatoes
other: sweet lime juice, teas, hazelnuts

March 22
am: papaya/banana/limewater/cereal/almondmilk
noon: salad, cashew/orange dressing
pm: ricecakes/almond cheese/avocado

March 23
am: papaya/hazelnuts
noon: salad, veggie stew, ricecakes
pm: rubios grilled salmon tacos, beans.

March 24
am: coffee/almondmilk
noon: veggie/lentil/rice stew, 2 corn torts
pm: salad, veggies, mashed potatoes
other: granola/almond milk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:37 pm 

Trying to wrap my mind around starting another cleanse tomorrow, resisting the committment, so may wait till the 1st of April. :?
Tune in for the drama, tomorrow, will she or won't she :?: :?:

March 25
am: tea/almond milk
noon: salad/beans/corn torts
pm: granola/almond milk
other: pistachios

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

March 26
am: blackberries, lime/water, tea
noon: superfood green/water drink, greens salad, avocado/tomatoe/balsamic vinegar
pm: veggie soup, steamed asparagus/mushrooms

March 27
am: papaya, coffee/almondmilk
noon: salad, rice/salsa/almond cheese
pm: squash, corncob, beans, salsa/avo/torts
snacks: hazelnuts, blackberries

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:05 am 

March 28
am: papaya, tea/almond milk
noon: salad, bean soup, corn torts
pm: chips and quacomole, salsa, greens

confessions: I have deviated a little at times eating off plan lately, like last night went to applebees with a friend to chat, ended up nibbling on some appetizers, like spinach dip/chips.............. :shock: so glad my next cleanse is soon, i really need the diciplined cleanse :mrgreen:

Last edited by ChrissyO on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:28 am 

As you can see, i negated posting here the last few days.........no excuses, just been in lot's of pain.
To be continued here after my april cleanse, which starts today. See ya all on the Blog forum for a while,
not sure for how long, still taking one day at a time. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:47 pm 

Hi Chrissy! I know you're doing well with your healing process.

book recommendation: The Age of Miracles by Marianne Williamson

check it out sister.

love and peace,
GC