[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Post 31 Day Cleanse Blog

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Post 31 Day Cleanse Blog
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:51 am 

Day 1,
So I will take Chrissy's advice again and move this over to the success blogs. However, one last entry here. I left my drink at work yesterday so I decided to end the cleanse at 31 days. Wow, what a journey. All the pains and suffering for this. I wont get sentimental. Just want to thank everyone for contributing to my success.

Just a few things I learned. I need to drink at least 60 oz a day. Otherwise, I will get light headed and crash on my butt. I also need to do the SWF more often. Senna tea is not enough. I had white tongue and the subsequent bad breath throughout the whole 31 days. And finally, do not let weight plateau's and increases phase you. They won't last.

My first day off cleanse, I'm kinda scared. But also excited. I've got some fresh squeezed OJ ready. I'm going to finish the drink I have left and then start drinking the OJ diluted with water. I will also be taking Jarro-Dophilus as my probiotic. I used it three years ago when I did my last 35 day cleanse.

Wish me luck as I start my new journey.

SW: 168.1
Pre Cleanse Weight: 201.7
CW: 168.1

Post subject: Re: Post 31 Day Cleanse Blog
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:56 am 

Hi Joe, nice to have company here :!: Your doing great so far, keep it up, hey i'm starting my april cleanse soon, but will visit you here, check up on ya for sure :wink:

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFuRZSV/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:39 am 

Day 2,
I had OJ all day yesterday. Felt great. Made some veggie soup for today. Had more OJ today and had broth. And I'm starving. So so hungry. One thing you dont have on the cleanse is hunger. You miss chewing and eating and food but you don't get hungry. But the second day off, I'm starving and ready to eat my soup with veggie right now. I'm gonna resist for little while. But man, this is harder than the cleanse for sure. Ugh.

I didn’t work out yesterday but planning to do elliptical tonight along with some lifting.

Weekend meals look like this:

Saturday (day3): OJ in the AM, veggie soup for lunch, green smoothie for dinner made up of bananas, frozen peaches, OJ and spinach.
Sunday (Day4): same as above.

I can’t wait until next Friday when I get to eat mussels. Until then, smoothies and veggies and soup and OJ. I’ll rotate in oatmeal in the mornings, salads for lunch and smoothies at night.

SW: 168.1
CW: 168.2 (+.1lbs in 1 day)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:29 am 

Keep up the good work on the Post Cleanse. I think this might be as vital a step as the cleanse itself...the hardest part for me, for sure!

We are all rooting for you!! :D :mrgreen: 8)

You can blaze the trail for us...I have 26 more days on the cleanse but would love to continue hearing how you're doing because you did terrific on the cleanse :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:56 am 

Thanks Start2Clenz.

Day 5 and its the day I can eat anything. Of course, I didn't eat "anything" I wanted. Let me just recap my weekend.

Friday, Day 2 of being off cleanse and I drank OJ, had some soup, and had my first solid BM, amazing. I barely ate, no exercise, and gained a pound.

Saturday, Day 3, I had soup in the morning, with all the veggies. Then I had a green smoothie made with bananas, mangoes, Peaches, spinach, and OJ. 344 calories for the whole thing. Then I decide, forget this, I'm going to run. So I ran 3.5 miles. First run in a year. And felt amazing. I finished off the rest of the smoothie and went out.

Sunday, Day 4, I gained more weight. Even after the run. Ugh. My meals were, homemade hummus in the AM, Kale salad for lunch and a blueberry spinach smoothie for dinner. I also ran 4.5 miles and also ate 1/2 of a peanut butter chocolate egg from Jacques Torres. It was amazing. (think robin's egg).

Today, Day 5, I wake up and I'm finally losing weight again. Down .4 lbs. Today's meals are what I plan to eat everyday. 1 cup of oatmeal. A salad for lunch. Fruit for snack. Hummus for snack. And a green smoothie for dinner. I am trying to keep my calorie intake under 1600. With a work out or two during my day, my net calories are below 600. As mentioned, I'm also giving myself a cheat meal, once a week. (until California where I'm going out every night but gonna be mindful of what I eat aka no In N Out).

If you are interested in following my workout and food journal, I am using Myfitnesspal.com and my name is jipster75. I think you can request being my friend and I might say yes...hehehe.

SW: 169.1 (i mis entered 168.1)
CW: 170.8 (+1.7lbs in 4 days)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:39 am 

Hey Joe,
I'm so jealous, since I did gain weight back since my 3 cleanses this year, not all of it though :oops:
You are doing great, and you sound so confident with your program, your exercise is the key I think for maintanance, keep on movin.........Congrats to you :!:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:44 pm 

Joe...it's so great to read about the success of your post cleanse. You definitely have a good plan that you're implementing. Hopefully we can all follow in your foot steps!!

8) :mrgreen: :P :D :) :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:29 am 

Hey guys,

Enough back patting. It's getting to my head.

I'm on day 6. Lost .5 lbs yesterday. I did, however, work out twice. At lunch did some light lifting. Then after work, I was on the elliptical for 50 minutes, burning 600 calories. It was really hard work. Although I'm eating now so no more light headedness. I do not know if I can keep this up. But the cleanse and its subsequent weight loss really motivates me to keep this going.

I kept my calorie intake at 1100 yesterday but a net calorie of 500 so its pretty low. I know I won't be able to keep this up in LA this weekend but I'm on vacation, I don't care. (Well, I'll care a little). I also plan to run a lot in LA. Its so beautiful, I'm sure I'll be inspired.

So I'm trying a new recipe today for lunch. I make wife this Japanese yellow curry but instead of rice, I added some shiratake noodles. Man, do they smell bad but if you dry roast them, it gets a little better. Wish me luck.

Til next time.

SW: 169.1 (i mis entered 168.1)
CW: 170.3 (+1.2lbs in 5 days)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:06 am 

Ok, no back patting here :wink: just a wink or 2 :wink:
One pound gain, it's probably all muscle, if you take measurements, your probably shrinking with all the exercise.
You're making me jealous again.......... :mrgreen:
Have a nice vacay in L. A. hope the weather holds nice for ya. :)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:11 am 

Worked out like crazy yesterday. 70 mins of elliptical (850 cals) and 90 minutes of easy stationary bike (450 cals). Still only lost .2 lbs but I will follow the sagacious Chrissy and take my measurements tomorrow. I've also decided to eat more. After my work out, I was only at 86 cals net for the day. Took in about 600 more at night, just to get off of starvation mode. I am supposed to have 1600 cals a day, net. I dont know how i'm going to do that but i guess I'll try. I guess more food for me...as long as I work out.

I know I won't have a problem on Friday. I'm going to a steakhouse with a friend for lunch (his treat so I'm gonna eat) and Friday night will be our last meal in NYC b/f going to L.A. Amazing mussel place in the Upper east side. Can't wait.

Wish me luck.

Joe

SW: 169.1
CW: 170.1 (+1 lbs in 6 days)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:13 am 

You might enjoy this video, which I'm watching right now. I like Dr. Tel Oren, I went to one of his lecture on skin in San Diego 2 months ago, he's very smart and knowledgeble.
http://www.healthpromoting.com/blog/suc ... -free-diet

here's a link to his website:
http://www.ecopolitan.com/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:16 pm 

Whoa JOE...you are killin' it! :mrgreen:

Nice job...You burn a ton of calories on the elliptical..you must be going full throttle. You definitely deserve a nice steak dinner. :wink:

Thank you again and again for keeping us informed on your post-cleanse success. And have a fantastic vacay in LA... 8) 8) I'm sure the runs in that weather will be amazing!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:32 am 

Been thinking about you Joe...hope the vacay is going great! How'd the post cleanse work during? Was it hard?

I'm so curious since it's something I'll be doing post cleanse too...a few weeks after the cleanse but still have a big vacay planned post-cleanse.

I'd love to hear about it...the thoughts, the fears, the struggles, the successes...As you can tell, I'm a little nervous myself about the "post cleanse"

I'm sure you are doing awesome!! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:33 am 

Hey S2C,
Vacation was great. California is so amazing, esp. the weather. Man, the running around the Hollywood Reservoir was beautiful. And then as you get tired, you run right by the Hollywood sign. So inspiring. Had to keep going, even tho the start of my run was a 1 mile that felt like it was a 60 degree climb. It was but my lungs were burning at the beginning, never a good sign. STill, I ran 3 of the 5 days I was there and put in a lot of miles (about 5 miles each run). Unfortunately, I ate like crazy. And it wasn't just the great restaurants (ink, Osteria Mozaa, Park BBQ, and Matsuhisa). It was also the great donuts or burgers from the local gastropub. Just lots of food I hadn't eaten. It was rough.

The way I see though, is this: I can lose it by what I was doing before I left; the week after my post cleanse. As I mentioned before, my diet was this for the week I started to eat solid foods:

breakfast: 1/2 cup dry instant oatmeal from Quakers. Not the packet stuff. Add 1/23 teaspoon of salt.
lunch: Salad with chickpeas, spinach, and other light veggies. Dressing was olive oil and vinegar (which is most of my calories)
Dinner: Kale/Spinach Green smoothie with banana, strawberries, OJ
Snack: Banana, orange, 2 tbsp peanut butter and a little gummy worms

Exercise: Run or ellipitical for 45 minutes. Light weight lifting.

After the initial weight gain of 3 lbs from eating solids, with the exercise and diet, I got down to my post cleanse weight of 169.

Now the bad news, on Friday before I left, I had a large "regular" dinner with some friends. Had pasta and steak. Then for dinner, had a lot of mussels. And I gained 3 lbs right back. Left for LA at 172. Weighed myself this morning, my day back. I was at 178.3. I gained a total of 8.3 lbs in five days of eating bad. I couldn't believe it. But then again, I can. But as I mentioned, I will lose it. I won't need to cleanse. Just go back to my eating post cleanse. Limit myself to 1600 calories and cardio about 600 calories of work plus lift weights. I will still give myself one cheat meal a week. The other days, salads, light sandwiches, oatmeal and green smoothies for dinner.

I still fit into my skinny pants. And although my gut is bigger, and my ring no longer falls off my finger, I still look good and feel good.

Just like the cliche, it is a change in lifestyle not just a fad. The cleanse helped me get to what I wanted to look like. But the rest of my life is there to keep me looking like this. It is hard work. No doubt. But the motivation is there. And if you gain some weight, eat less, work out more. I'm trying to keep it simple. Not get down, which leads to sadness and depression and eventually to eating bad food which leads to more depression etc....

SW: 169.1
CW: 178.3 (+9.2 lbs in 14 days)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:22 am 

One more thing,
Had a blood test and physical 7 days after the cleanse. Got my results today. It is amazing.

Cholesterol went down from 210 to 125.
Triglycerides went down from 311 to 60.

The 210 and 311 was after I took meds for cholesterol. Before the meds, I was at 340 for cholesterol and 1100 for the Tri's. With meds and now the cleanse and of course, better diet and working out, I dropped 215 cholesterol points and an astounding 1040 triglycerides points.

This is amazing.

Joe