[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - After the cleanse and Atkins

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: After the cleanse and Atkins
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:15 am 

Greetings,

I've just completed my 7th cleanse. I did have to break it after 9 days due to obligations. But I have done the ten days. My weight loss was not what I had hoped 8.5 pounds. Usually I lose about 14. Here is my dilemma. I leave for Florida in 8 days and desperately need to lose another 5 pounds. I'm thinking Atkins. Anyone use that route after the cleanse? Love to hear your thoughts.

Karen

Post subject: Re: After the cleanse and Atkins
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:04 am 

Is this where we are moving to where we can talk about food and not offend? :-p So as i assumed i would, I gained 5 pounds immediately. Im totally cool with that. Today is day one Atkins for me. Had eggs and cheese for breakfast. coffee with half and half on the way to work. I have leftover pulled pork ill eat for lunch and i have a pork roast on top a bed of fresh green beans in the crock pot for dinner. Good luck Nanakaren! As far as 5 pounds in 8 days on atkins? Not possible coming off the cleanse. If you where just randomly starting atkins at anyother time of your life, 5 pounds would totally be doable. I dont expect record weight loss either this week. At best, ill get back to my lowest I was after mc but not likely. so here are my stats! again.. lol

Before MC 204.8
After MC 192.2 (-12.6 lbs)
3days later 197 (+4.8 lbs)

Atkins SW 197
GW 175

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:38 am 

toxictexan believe it or not I was excited to see I was down another 1.5 pounds after breaking the cleanse. That totals 9 pounds. I started watching carbs very closely and eliminated starches and Sugar. Sunday my carb count was below 20. I'm still learning. I started at 152 and I'm now 143. My goal is 135 but I may go for broke and try to reach 130 by spring. It's possible that the carb counting did work because I was living on carbs before the cleanse. Quarter pounders with cheese, chicken pot pie, lasagna, mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese. I think you get the picture....lol. Saturday I did have the soup, chicken wings and salad plus a few miller lites. Ok maybe a 6 pack. Still for me that's really low carbs.Yesterday I had eggs, coffee with sugar free and fat free creamer and for dinner I had a Atkins meal with a few pork rinds. I also exercised for an hour. I was not hungry at all. I'm not giving up on that 5 pounds. I'm a hard head ya know. Today for lunch I had egg salad(no bread) and celery with some guacamole dip. Dinner I'll do a chicken breast and broccoli. Boy it feels good to talk about food. I certainly never meant to step on toes. I was just thinking that every other commercial is a food one and not to mention all the other temptations. My bad :( wonder if anyone else will join this conversation. I will also add if it were not for the cleanse I could never have eliminated those carb cravings. I'm not even craving them at all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:01 pm 

Congrats on your continued weight loss! Im a lil jealous :-) I didnt eat unhealthy after mc but i ate A LOT of healthy food lol Hence I gained pounds of just having a full stomach again. I never found a "fat free" creamer that didnt have a higher carb count than plain half and half. What brand creamer did you get and whats the carbs? Half and half is 1 per serving. Sounds like your doing good!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:45 pm 

Here ya go.

Sugar Free French Vanilla Coffee Creamer (International Delight)
Per 1 tbsp - Calories: 20kcal | Fat: 2.00g | Carbs: 1.00g | Protein: 0.00g Nutrition Facts - Similar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:10 am 

Hi Nanakaren and ToxixTexan! I was missing you guys!

How are you keeping tabs on your carb intake? I used to just scan barcodes or input into my iPhone's app, fitnesspal. Can you get that in the States? It keeps tracks of progress and nutritional intake and is absolutely free. It counts calories too for you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:40 am 

Hi LondonGal! Doing fine! I use Loseit app and I log in my calorie and carbs manually... I dont trust the app to give me accurate info. I use the carb counts in the back of the Atkins book. Im down 2 pounds in 3 days thus far! Ill take it! I quit drinking mid week and that should help alot!

Before MC 204.8
After MC 192.2(-12.6 lbs)
3 days l8tr 197 (+4.8 lbs)

Atkins SW 197
Day 2 196
Day 3 196.8
Day 4 195

Goal weight 175

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:24 pm 

Hey guys,
I'm gonna join you all here. I just finished a 13 day cleanse. I'm going to low cal route. Keep under 1800 a day but have 1 cheat meal a week.

London,
I use the myfitness app and love it. I go to the recipes area and paste links and it calculates links of recipes I found online and plan to use.

Today is my 1st OJ day. Gonna do broth tomorrow, then Dr. Burroughs soup and some fruit and a smoothie the next day. Friday, start on 1800 cals with normal food. Saturday night is my cheat meal night. Portuguese food. First time trying but gonna do it right in a Portuguese neighborhood in Newark, NJ. Pretty excited. Of course, my other meals will be lower during the day and I will work out like no other to make up for what I'll be eating. Let's see if the works.

I do want to keep losing so if I gain way too much this weekend, then I might drink the drink for breakfast and lunch and do sensible meal for dinner. I've done this before and it has worked.

Pre MC: 207.1
Post MC: 187.2
CW:187.2
GW:175

Joe