[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Life after a 40 day cleanse.

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:00 pm 

We went out all day yesterday to watch birds of prey flying. It was at the Hawk Conservancy near to where i live, and its in acres of land so we did a lot of walking. My son had to stamp a book after finding the matching stamp pads all over the place, so all in all 5 hours of good exercise lol !

When we got back i felt quite sick, in fact i lay on the sofa and had a bowl next to me i felt so bad. My son needed feeding however so off i went to the kitchen to make his dinner. Whilst he sat at the table eating i lay down on the sofa again, feeling just as bad.

I thought about giving up, after all i was nearly at day 35 of the cleanse. It wasnt a failure to admit now that my body needed food. I lay there feeling sick, thinking about fresh veg and smoothies and generally having a real pitty party ... :cry: I didnt even think i could have stomached a senna tea later that evening.

A little while later my son asked if he could have some pringles and so i got him some. I popped open the tube and the smell of the salt and vinegar pringles hit me like the 6.40 through train to London !! I gave him to them in a dish, and he ate most of them. I was still feeling sick when i just couldnt resist asking him to pass the remainding few to me.

I sat there with the dish under my nose sniffing as if my life depended on it which he thought was hilarious!! I didnt want to eat them, i dont want potato chips in my body ever again, but the smell of the salt and vinegar was just too much to resist, so i sniffed and sniffed and sniffed until i realised i didnt feel sick anymore :o

15 mins later i was feeling great again, had my senna tea and went to bed.

How bizzare !!

kate

Countdown ~~ 5 days to go to a 40 day MC

Last edited by kate_ on Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:15 am 

Don't worry, be happy, dance alot!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsllpcN/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:34 am 

Hey Christine,

Many thanks for your continued support and very kind words !!

Actually you saved me last night... i have always remembered your *sniffing* hint lol. So THANK YOU :D

kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:51 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:29 am 

Dear kate_, nice to meet you here.

During my MC (Day 8, going to 9), I keep working from 9am to 5:30pm at weekdays, and do some exercises for relax.

It's hard to control myself to think about food...but, I can do it!
I brought friends to restaurant and order my favorite food for them.
I just drink the lemonade when facing plenty of yummy food, I feel so full too.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6ziIaA/]

[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:11 am 

Two broths im considering making at the weekend ~~ thought id share :D

First

Many people believe that foods rich in the alkaline minerals sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium help to neutralize toxic acids that can harm the body. These acids come from a high protein diet, excess exercise, and other diet and lifestyle factors and cause joint stiffness, low energy, flu-like symptoms, pain and cysts.

As a cleansing or general health measure, some people drink an alkaline broth. The broth is rich in minerals and helps balance the pH of the body, promoting cleansing of all the tissues in the body.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:

2 cup carrot tops

2 cups celery tops

2 cups beet tops

2 quarts distilled water

3 cups celery stalk

2 cups red skinned potato peeling 1/2 inch thick

1 small zucchini

Chop all vegetables into very fine pieces

Place them in the water and bring to a boil with the lid on. Lower heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Strain and drink the broth. This broth will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator. It may also be made in larger quantities and frozen.

Second

INGREDIENTS
1 pound celery
1 1/2 pounds sweet onions
1 pound carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 pound tomatoes, cored
1 pound green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 pound turnips, cubed
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic
3 whole cloves
1 bay leaf
6 whole black peppercorns
1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
1 gallon water

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
Remove leaves and tender inner parts of celery and set aside.
Toss onions, carrots, tomatoes, bell peppers and turnips with olive oil. Place vegetables in a roasting pan and place them in the 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) oven. Stir the vegetable every 15 minutes. Cook until all of the vegetables have browned and the onions start to caramelize, this will take over one hour.
Put the browned vegetables, celery, garlic, cloves, bay leaf, pepper corns, Italian parsley and water into a large stock pot. Bring to a full boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered until liquid is reduced by half.
Pour the broth through a colander, catching the broth in a large bowl or pot. The liquid caught in the bowl or pot is your vegetable broth it can be used immediately or stored for later use. Although the vegetables are no longer necessary for your broth they are delicious to eat hot or cold, don't waste them.

I think ill try the first one after coming off the cleanse as it seems a bit * lighter * than the second but they both seem nice especially after 40 days of not eating.

Happy Cleansing !!

kate

ps... for those who mailed me im back on form today ~~ so Thank you!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:12 am 

Hi Kate,
Just wanted to mention what i read about celery tops, leaves. Read they were toxic........dont know for sure where i read it.

Wow, youre getting close to day 40 by now! Tell us your total weight loss if you dont mind?

Recipe for broth/soup sounds good, keep us posted on your breaking cleanse.

I havent been on forum being that we had to evacuate for a couple of days due to fires right near our house, here in san diego county, we were right near the witch fires. Things are looking up though, air is a little better today. Im sooooooo looking forward to my next cleanse :)

Peace,
Christine

PS: just saw your post in my thread, you asked what am i eating?
Well, ive slipped somewhat out of vegan eating but still eating lots of salads, lemonade, and homemade veggie soups. Havent weighed lately but all my fat clothes are still baggy :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:34 pm 

Hi Christine,

Thanks for letting me know that !

I did google * celery tops* and found a lot of sites with recipes involving using celery tops. The alkaline broth actually comes from About.com which is about alternitive medicine, and a few sites suggested being able to use the celery leaves instead of parsley for a change.

I did find something saying that some people may be allergic to celery (stalks).

Hope this clears it up :D

I will post tomorrow night, when im on the cusp of my 40 day MC !! Hope you are ok regarding the fires and you are back home now... scary times !!

kate :):):)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:15 am 

Kate,

I've read your thread and just wanted to say a huge CONGRATULATIONS! You are doing so well to make it to this point and it sounds like you are experiencing great benefits too.

40 days is such an impressive amount of time to stick to anything, let alone a fast. You must feel like if you can do this, you can do anything! Watch out world!

Good luck for the final stretch, you're nearly there! Claire :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:01 pm 

Thanks claire :)

Well folks my 40 days of the Master Cleanse is over and i have started on my post cleanse weeks.... :D :D :D

The last few days were strange but not really hard. I was ill on Tuesday and couldnt take anymore LA so half of Tuesday, and then Wed/Thurs/Friday and most of Saturday i just drank water.. I never felt hungry and funnily enough my tummy didnt rumble at all whilst on just water. About two hours ago i had a watered down OJ and it was no problem !!! I am still going to have the senna tea morning and night, to make sure im still using the bathroom until im back on * real food *.

I went to my Raw Food Day today which was excellent except i couldnt try any of the goodies on offer. I was glad i had researched it a lot online before going because it meant i could take a lot more in during the classes.

This has been an amazing journey for me, both physically and emotionally. Im a bit quiet/emotional at the moment so i will come back and write how its made me feel, being blessed by completing 40 days.

Just for Christine : i lost 46 llbs... which made me laugh as im 46 years old !!

Kindest regards to all.

kate :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:45 am 

Kate,

(((MAJOR CONGRATS TO YOU))) (((YIPPEEEEEEE)))

You are such a treasure here and a great example for us all!!
You deserve all the blessings you get :) Much happiness to you kate.

Im so jealous of your great weight loss, as i lost only about 20 lbs, 28 days. Have gained 7lbs post cleanse, seem to be maintaining ok.
I have started drinking the lemonade through the day still along with trying to maintain a healthy diet.

No worries, though, my plans are set, i plan to do regular cleanses 3 to 4 times a year.

I hope to see you around here post cleanse.....keep us informed how your doing, ok?

Happy 46th, wow!!!

Peace,

Christine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:13 am 

Thanks Christine and all the others who have supported me !

Without your help id have struggled with the cleanse. It really is amazing how people who you have never met can inspire you to keep on with the MC.

Im doing well on the post cleanse.. still on OJ and broth and happy with it :D I just wish there was a forum for post cleansers.

Wishing everyone the very best with their cleanse.... :D

kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:54 am 

Just a comment.. First broth erm ok (ish), second nice and one i am using now yumskriddilyumptious... if you want it let me know please..

Keep up the good work you are all doing !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:03 am 

Just an update ~~ I feel GREAT!!

Its been a week since i completed the 40 day cleanse, and tonight i had a small salad. I thought a week of broth and juice was enough and so im trying to see if this is ok.

I cut it all up into tiny and i mean tiny! pieces and ate it with chopsticks ~~ it took me over an hour :lol: and was yum.

I made sure i chewed as much as i could and fingers crossed, my journey on raw foods has started. The chopsticks are great, they make you actually look at the food instead of just shoviling it into your mouth...

I didnt exercise much on the MC, as I didnt have tons of energy. Now i seem to have, and so im back to walking a lot, and start swimming again next Tuesday.

I havent put any weight back on, so my loss is still 46 llbs... I saw my doctor today who said i was in tip top condition. So all in all its been very positive. I will do the cleanse again next year ... Good luck to all those on it, and well done for making a great decision about your life !!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:48 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next