Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Hi Crystal
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:20 am 

Day one here. It's been along time coming back. How are you doing? It looks like well, from your posts, maintaining a high level of health. Good for you :)

I'm familiar with the MC as i did a 28 day in 2007. I have done some shorter ones since then, but, I didnt maintain all my weightloss (20)lbs because i didn't permanently reform my diet. :(

I have wonderful memories of feeling blissful, no pain, blood sugars normalized, energitic, clear thinking, more contented, joyful, during and at the end of the 07' cleanse I did.

This time, I've just finished 30 days of vegan eating. (Not 100% raw), but very lowfat, under 10%. I still have NO weight loss.

The benefits are though that i went through a cleansing crisis already, and so layed the foundation for a MC. I didnt set the days on MC, but take one day at a time. Minimum goal 14 days.

Mind you I have basically eaten on and off the SAD most of my life justifying it by also eating healthy foods...... :? My poor body is confused.

The problem is my quality of life. I want quality, with energy and oomph to live. I've decided this is the best route to go, since it's worked before, the problem though is reforming my diet after, and maintaining the successes. I'm so determined.

Recently purchased the book, The Pleasure TRap, which helped me alot.

There's a curve till you hit 90 days, then it gets easier after all the withdrawals are eased.

Anyway, Im starting another thread here to journal.

Happiness and peace to you, glad someone I remember is here,

Chrissy

Don't worry, be happy, dance alot!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsllpcN/

Last edited by coverley54 on Tue May 19, 2009 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:04 am 

Hi Chrissy,
I do remember you and I'm glad you're doing another cleanse. I'm heeding the call myself to take a step up with my cleansing/fasting this spring. You sound very determined and I'm sure you will succeed. Every experience along this journey helps us I believe. Wishing you the best cleanse. :)

Crystal

Last edited by GoddessCrystal on Sun May 17, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 3 am and wide awake....
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:15 am 

I'm up in the wee hours of the morning as I had some black tea yesterday which was not a good idea. Cleaning out my cabinets I noticed it's lovely aroma of orange-chocolate-hazelnut. I decided to have some and whoa the caffeine in the tea obviously is not agreeing with me. And no, hahaa, I'm no longer just on water. My body was insisting on fresh squeezed juices yesterday...so I gave it some. I did some strenuous walking in the 80/90 degree temps and decided it was best not to push it. I needed the carbs from the fruit.

I made the mistake of telling a raw food friend I plan to do the master cleanse last night. And I was surprised when I got questioned about the safety of the MC. No less from a health enthusiast. Oh brother. That threw me off a little because I ended up explaining and defending something I know is absolutely wonderful, depleting my enthusiasm a little bit. I did not listen to my own advice about keeping it to myself! I have learned my lesson and have regained my motivation just visiting this forum. Seeing everyone's results and re-reading my goals. I'm going to lay low during this cleanse ~ don't need any negative input whatsoever. I'm keeping it positive.

So.....back to the game plan of doing a 30 day master cleanse. I will just keep drinking plenty of greens, fruits and water until I begin later this week. I'm looking forward. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:01 am 

Hi Crystal -

I have the same problem with people who do other fasts or who are raw foodists who think that the master cleanse is dangerous!! I am almost always taken off guard but I know I shouldn't put myself in that position.

Sometimes I have to remind myself to trust in this cleanse which I have come to know as only a benefit to my health.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:11 am 

Thank you Jackie for sharing your experience. It helps me because I was taken off guard as well and now I know I'm not alone with regard to how some of the raw food peeps react. I try not to judge what anyone chooses to do for themselves, so I think it's a shock to my system when other people throw their negative vibration all over my dreams at times. LOL. Especially those supposedly in the know. There are many paths to the same direction. I believe in the MC as well and my body does well with this cleanse. If I judge one thing about it, I think it's silly anyone thinks it's dangerous. Usually the people who believe this are not educated about the process. The person I was talking to didn't even know it includes fresh squeezed lemons. He knew nothing about it and never did it! His warning was only based on what he's heard. From who? I learn something every day and I'm definately learning just to keep this to myself for now. I do much better with my cleansing process when I do so.

Thanks again for sharing! You rock.

In gratitude,
Crystal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:34 am 

I completely agree - and I find that I have to remind myself that ANYONE can have a negative opinion about the MC.

Negativity really can be a system shocker and sometimes I wonder how it can affect me when I really truly have benefited so much from this cleanse.

I am glad to know that I am not the only one too. At least we have this board for support. I love having a place to go and not feel alone.

I am not sure how long I am planning on going for but I definitely start tomorrow. This might have to only be a 14 day MC because in 22 days I am taking the law school exam and I don't know how I will feel if I am still mid-cleanse. So I will shoot for 14 and then see how I feel leading up to it.

Best wishes!

Post subject: 2 years
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:26 am 

Just stopping in to say hello.

Congrats on your 2 years sustaining your raw diet and health :!:

About telling others, yeah, it's pretty useless trying to get others to approve and understand our quest for health, we all have separate realities. The important thing is to respect others and their journeys. Sharing with others has to be coupled with discernment. What can they handle? That's how I do it. I don't have anyone like myself to share (health ideas with) I have to go to books and forums like this. SAD huh? ( my husband listens and supports me, but likes his SAD foods. I think health seekers are a rare breed, and true health followers even rarer. I'm a good seeker, not so good following, getting there though!

Have to tell you a funny story. Keeping it short, my mother, age 72 (who is in the dark ages regarding health) emailed me : a post about how we shouldn't eat fruit with other foods. It was just a fluke post, no source with it or anything. It might have just come from a forwarded email or something she got. I mailed her back saying that I knew about that for over 30 years, i reminded her, remember me, the health nut all these years? She emailed me back, why didn't you tell me about it? I just laughed. It's still amusing to me when i think of it. I won't talk to my family about diet/health unless they beg me, and that will never happen!

I stopped trying to share anything with my family about health, they think I'm crazy. My health nut days started when a friend in high school gave me a book by Arnold Eret, The Mucusless Diet. Remember that? I still think it's an excellent book. I followed it in my teens, and it did wonders for me. Been crazy ever since. Have tons of books, my favorite are Sheltons', he's a genius at explaining things from a scientific as well as common sense standpoint.

Here's my standard reply when people comment, you look great, lost weight, what are you doing, or why aren't you eating?: " I'm doing a cleanse, or I just did a cleanse" or "Im eating healthier". Rarely has anyone ever asked me anything further. If they do I say something further, like, you should read "such and such" book for more information. That seems to satisfy them so I'm off the hook joyfully doing my thing. I never turn down lunch invites from friends, parties, or anything, because I like to socialize, and when I get invited, I just say yes for the company if they don't mind my not eating, or i say I already ate but I still want to visit with them. They never say, oh well, if you're not eating forget it. I have a great time, keeping up with friends that way, not letting my lifestyle interfere with friendships and relationships that are important to me.

See ya around here,

Last edited by coverley54 on Tue May 19, 2009 1:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:37 am 

Hi Chrissy,
Thank you. I enjoy eating raw foods.

Yes, I know what you mean regarding family and being on this path. I feel actually pretty blessed that my family, although I'm sure they still think I'm out there with this...hahaa...well they support me. There have been jokes, but they ask me questions from time to time. I can relate to what you've shared though. In social circles, I know a lot of other raw fooders and health conscious people so we can openly chat about our lives. But when I'm not in this circle, I'm careful what I share. You just learn to get a sixth sense about it. It's not so much that it really impacts who I am as a person, but it can be an energy drain at times as you know. The situation with discussing the MC threw me off because it was a friend of mine who I would actually consider a "health nut". LOL. But for some reason he had it in his brain the MC was less than safe. Whatever. I know the truth and it works for me. Enough said. :D

Good for you....maintaining your sense of humor with your folks. I think the fruit/email story is funny.

Hope your cleanse is going well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:45 am 

I went to an amazing raw food potluck last night. Eating delicious, living foods, cleansing, fasting are all equally wonderful and a blessed gift as far as I'm concered. I enjoy good food. :D The pre-cleansing/water/green juice drinking I've been doing feels very good to me and I feel light in my body. I am very grateful to have found the master cleanse. I'm really looking forward to beginning my cleanse soon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:53 am 

I would love to go to a raw foodist potluck or buffet style meal where I could try a ton of stuff! I am glad that more and more raw restaurants are popping up. I still haven't gone to one but there are a ton in the city, so I should make a date to check one out after my cleanse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:37 am 

jacquirose1181 wrote:
I would love to go to a raw foodist potluck or buffet style meal where I could try a ton of stuff! I am glad that more and more raw restaurants are popping up. I still haven't gone to one but there are a ton in the city, so I should make a date to check one out after my cleanse.

Oh the food was wonderful! Try meetup. You have some extraordinary raw food leaders in NYC that are always hosting group meetings, potlucks, seminars etc.

Check it out:
http://www.meetup.com/search/?keywords= ... Country=us

Post subject: Miss Chatty here
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:11 am 

Guess I'm really chatty beginning this cleanse.

I was reading your profile, and you are a Life Coach. I would like to do that kind of work, it's right up my alley. What classes do you take to get certified in it? What are your background qualifications? I would like to do it for a part time career. I think. What has been your experience with it? Please share what you can.

I'm reading Richard Carlson's books right now (Shortcut Through Therapy, You Can Be Happy No Matter What are 2 of them), so I'm making some major changes in my thinking lately, learning about how thoughts and emotions are related. Will share details later. I could base an entire career on his books alone. He's a genius as far as I'm concerned.

Post subject: Re: Miss Chatty here
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:37 pm 

coverley54 wrote:
Guess I'm really chatty beginning this cleanse.

I was reading your profile, and you are a Life Coach. I would like to do that kind of work, it's right up my alley. What classes do you take to get certified in it? What are your background qualifications? I would like to do it for a part time career. I think. What has been your experience with it? Please share what you can.

20 years in Human Resources Management
Ordained Metaphysical Minister
Spiritual Life Coach

Chrissy, there are too many ways to list to become a life coach. I recommend researching with your local community college/state college re: certifications etc. Or google info on it in San Diego. I naturally gravitated towards life coaching after years in corporate employee relations. I'm not doing the life coaching as regularly now. I give medical intuitive, psychic readings & healings for the most part and I'm a writer.

The books you're reading sound insightful and I'm glad you're getting something out of them. No matter what the material is, I think it matters most the subject resonates with you. Sounds like it is for you.

Last edited by GoddessCrystal on Mon May 18, 2009 2:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Today has been a good day....
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 2:40 pm 

I sprouted some alfalfa seeds and they were yummy. They came out super sweet which I like. I had a big glass of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice for a late lunch. And I'm still drinking my water and green juices in preparation for the MC. I'm trying to lay off the fats so I can gracefully ease into it. We will see how this goes when I begin. Tomorrow I go shopping for the supplies...one more important step to getting this cleanse rolling.

During my MC I will also be fasting from the internet, my cell phone, talking in general and all media. I feel like I need to be silent and go within for a least a week. In fact, I've already turned off my phone after notifying loved ones I'll be incommunicado for a few days. I simply feel a strong calling to be quiet and I have the opportunity to do so fortunately. No commitments and some time off. So with that said, I will pop in here periodically to post how I'm doing during my 30 day cleanse. See you next week with an update!

Much peace.

Post subject: will miss you
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:47 am 

Sounds like you are very mindful planning this way for the MC.
Good example for all of us, we should ease gently into it like you are. Commendable.

Hope you have a successful inward transition, thoughts will be with you, looking forward to hearing from you when you come out, also hearing more about your work.

I will hold down the fort here for you!

Peace to you too,

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next