[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Carmel's 40 Day Cleanse, Start: 08/01/09

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Coming off the cleanse Day 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:34 pm 

Hey all. Things have been going ok since I ended the cleanse but the experts were NOT kidding :shock: :shock: when they say the period after a long fast is the most important. I am learning lessons along the way :oops: .

For the most part I eat the following:

Water/OJ breakfast
Miso Soup & Edamame for lunch
Vegi broth with spinach, carrots, corn and peas (all organic) dinner

So this morning I worked out and tried to switch it up by having a glass of superfood (I added the poweder to my 250 ml of purified water). Anyway, TMI but needless to say I projectile vomited :oops: :oops: about 10 minutes after drinking the green mixture which is usually delicious to me. It was very shocking because I do not typically vomit at all.

Anyway, I guess my body just wasn't ready for superfood so I definately learned my lesson. I am going to stick with vegis and soup and salad for the next 30 days.

In terms of weight, I gain 2 lbs and then I lose it...I am going up and down in the 2 lb range so I think it is due to sodium and we all know broth and miso soup have a lot of sodium in them. Also, my eliminations have stopped for the past few days so I may take smooth move tonight even though I said I wouldn't. Last night I took 2 fiber pills but they did not help.

Anyway, hope you all are well. If anyone has any suggestions for me, please let me know. Thought I was doing ok until this morning, what a shock! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:41 pm 
Hey, Carmel,

First of all, let me just tell you right now that you are a great inspiration to all of us. I am attempting to do a 30 day cleanse and I just hope I can do as well as you did throughout your cleanse.

I was thinking that you might do well to add some high fiber fruit to your diet, such as blueberries or cherries. Cherries always work for me, I know!

Also, I was curious about how many sizes you've dropped and how many inches? Do you have any idea?

Post subject: Hi Jaelia
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:30 pm 

Hi Jaelia,

I have dropped 3 pant sizes, not sure about the inches though. Congrats on your plans for a 30 day cleanse, that is wonderful. You will do great on your cleanse!!! :D :D :D

In retrospect the cleanse was the easy part for me, now I am more confused. I will try some fruits and raw foods tomorrow.

I am a little concerned about the vomiting because I don't want to get sick :oops:

Post subject: Question for Shiva Bliss
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:49 pm 

Shiva Bliss- Where are you? I need your help...I was thinking you might have an answer to the vomiting because I am a little scared. I mean, it is not like I ate cheese/meat, only superfood and water.

Do you have any suggestions for me? I was reading your posts and read the following:
(Written by ShivaBliss)
Syndrome of "food overload".

Occurs during first 3-5 days of refeeding period if prescribed regimen of nutrition (overeating) and ration are broken. It causes sickness, vomiting, overloading in epigastry, disorder with stool. It is necessary to lavage the stomach, to give salted laxative, and to recommend food abstinence for 1-2 days (full fasting). Prophylactic measures: keeping the dietetic regimen of the refeeding period of fasting therapy.

Anyway, please help if you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:46 pm 

Hi Carmel, you're right, the period after fasting is most important - that's the point where I typically screw it up and end eating too much soon.

Tips:
(I copy them from the book about fasting)
Day 1
B: 1 apple (chew thoroughly!), at least 2-3cups tea
L: plain yoghurt + 1Tbsp. flax seeds+ 3 cups tea
D: 2-3 cups herbal tea + vegetable broth (1 potato, 1 carrot, 1 leek, celery - cook for 15 min, then purree it, add 1/2 Tsp. yeast and herbs)

Day 2
B: 1 Wasa bread, very little skim cottage cheese+a few drops honey
L: small raw salad (1 tomato, carrot, celery, sour cabbage, herbs)
D: 1 Wasa bread with cottage cheese with herbs (cottage cheese, parsley, chive, red pepper)
drink natural juices or herbal teas

Day 3
B: 1 yoghurt + 3-4 Tbsp. muesli+ some soaked dried fruits
S: 1 piece of fruit
L: 1 slice wholegrain bread + cottage cheese with herbs + 1-2 pieces fruit
D: salad (cucumber, carrot, tomato...sour cabbage) + yoghurt dressing (yoghurt+herbs)

Day 4
B: 1 yoghurt + muesli + 1/2 apple, cut into small pieces, 2 slices Wasa with butter and honey
L: rice with steamed vegetables (like broccoli, cauliflower, herbs - total 250g), 4Tbsp oil
S: cottage cheese mixed with lemon juice and honey
D: 2 slices wholegrain bread with margarine, topped with cottage cheese and slices of cucumber/radish/onion/tomato + chive

This is a suggested eating plan after fasting (water fasting, juice fasting, fasting with rice water,...MC is not mentioned though). The rebuild days should last at least 1/4 of fasting, in your case at least 10 days.

Good luck!

My MCs viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8618

Post subject: Coming off Day 10
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:20 am 

Thank you so much for that diet plan!!! How sweet of you. Right now I am just avoiding milk products and animal products and eating vegis and fruit. I am doing ok and havent gotten sick since that time. Today I will go to the gym.

In terms of weight loss everyone, I fluctuate between 2 lbs still. I have not lost weigh since I stopped the OJ but I am not gaining it either which is great. I am going to start working out in full force so I can lose this last 15 lbs or so.

Hope you all are well and I will keep you posted!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:02 pm 

Congrats Carmel,

You are great motivation for me. I am on day 31 and excited to hear your results. You know

I was reading your post and wonder if your body was rejecting (vomiting) what it sense was not a. pure natural food source entering your body.

I don't know much about the product you were consuming but it is man made and not natural. Which your body may just prefer now. Maybe your allegic to it. I read that this is the time to test foods and see how you react to them. Any negative side affect will tell you that would be a food to avoid..

Looking forward to reading your updates..thanks again.

Post subject: Congrats TinaCristina
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:38 pm 

Wow Tina Cristina, great job- 31 days is amazing!! You are almost done. What type of results have you had thus far?? I guess I will look for your posts if you have a journal page. :D :D

As for my sick experience, I do believe you are right about my body rejecting the superfood. I was just amazed because superfood is so good for you- guess I just wasn't ready for it or maybe like you said I am allergic to it I have been doing what you said and testing different foods slowly. Last night I ate some sushi rolls (about 4). They were bagel rolls with avocado, smoked salmon and cream cheese. I really didn't want to eat them b/c of the cheese & the white rice but I was at a social event and thought I would test it out since I have been eating vegis and soy since I stopped the cleanse. I ate very slowly and felt good afterwards.

So far all, I have not gained any weight which is good! I still need to lose
more though and I guess I will really have to work out hard. Below is a list of things I have eaten so far since I have been off the cleanse:

Organic Vegi Broth
Spinach
Carrots
Peas
Broccoli
Strawberries
Cantelope
Edamame
Ground skillet Tofu
Grilled sesame tofu
Mushrooms
Watercress
Herbal Tea
10 glasses of purifed water per day
Had some egg white one night at a restaurant party because there was nothing else to order (Did not enjoy this so only ate a little- so I figures any type of egg is a bad choice- I had limited options at that restaurants)
Misu Soup
Started Raw almonds today
Bagel roll Sushi x 4
Superfood (Bad move- threw the whole thing back up)
Cabbage with a little teryaki sauce
Cranberry juice (wayyy too much sugar & didn't like it- only had a little at the restaurants)
Tomatoes
Lettuce
Orange Juice freshly squeezed
Natural Lentil Soup (Amy's)
Split pea soup (Amy's)

I will keep you all posted and let you know how the foods effect me. Hopefully this can help you from getting sick.

Basically my body has rejected the following:

Unnatural Sugar
Egg
Superfood

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:32 am 

Hey Carmel, you still around? LOL. Great results, stuff like this is always nice to see. Mind if I ask how many glasses of lemonade you drunk?

Post subject: Re: Carmel's 40 Day Cleanse, Start: 08/01/09
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:07 am 

Wow just checked out your profile, can't BELIEVE you made it 40 days!

That is seriously incredible and I'm sure you look and feel amazing now!

Your journal is very inspirational :) keep it up and keep letting us know how the post-cleanse is going! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9