[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Carmel's 40 Day Cleanse, Start: 08/01/09

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:47 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:13 am 

Carmel, so you're over the half of the mc?
I like your way of writing and of course you should also talk about eliminations..I think we kind of expect it because everyone is talking about this too..and everyone is doing this as polite as possible, hehe.
Today's my day 2 on liquids, yay! Right now I'm baking cookies and roasting honey sesame almonds. What an obsession with baking!

My MCs viewtopic.php?f=2&t=8618

Post subject: Day 29 of 40
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:05 pm 

Greetings Jannadami, yes I am finally over the halfway point :D and, although I posted that the first 5 cleansing days are the hardest part of the cleanse, I am beginning to think that the last 15 days are tough too :? . Mostly because I am slightly bored and want to taste something different. Also, I torture myself by being around food and watching the Food Network Chanel on TV. LOL. Glad you are enjoying the posts! Congrats on being on day 2 and making some cookies that sound sooooo delicious!! :)

Hi Eric!
I am so happy that my posts help to motivate you :) :) ! I am so proud of you for making it to day 5 because like I always say, the first 5 days are really challenging to say the least. The vivid dreams are kind of cool huh :?: I think dreams provide us with an excellent way to tap into the subconscious mind. It is often a good way to solve a current problem in your life or a way to give you further insight on yourself.

You will find that you become like an animal because your sense of smell will be better than it has ever been so I know what you mean by feeling like a dog...lol. I have gotten to the point where I can cook for my husband and smell what a dish needs and I can even tell if it tastes good just by smell alone.

The SWF is tough and I am so sorry you are struggling with it :cry: . I may not be the best person to ask for advice in regards to that and I will tell you why. I only do the SWF every 3 days or so :oops: . I find that I get too swollen afterwards and I feel very anxious when I do it everyday.

When I know I am doing a SWF I prepare it the night before and pour it into a covered jug. I wake up early and drink it normally while I walk around my room. When I finish I do excersises so that the flush will run through my system & towards the colon (you can check my earlier posts for those excersises). Some people like to gulp the SWF and I used to but I have found that it can literally come right back up if you do. One thing I always do is have 2 cups of purified water about 15 mins before I do the SWF which I like. Eventually you will get used to the SWF and believe me it will help you to eliminate. If it becomes too gross just don't have it every single day. To assist me with being regular, I brew my smooth move tea for 20 mins instead of 15 mins & squeeze the tea bag with a spoon and I never have a problem with eliminations.

Day 29 Status: Today is going well probably because I haven't been very active. I am just relaxing and sipping and enjoying myself. So far, I have lost 29.4 lbs so clearly the weight loss has slowed down but I am fine with that. I am sure that my 10 days of juicing will results in a few lbs of weight loss when I complete the cleanse. Yesterday I was ready to call it quits for about an hour until I went upstairs and saw it.....

The dress! I tell you, that dress really helps to keep me in check because it is still too snug. For all those who are tempted to cheat, find something that really motivates you even if it is superficial and keep it visible when you need it. LOL. I am telling you it works!! :D

Of course meditation and prayer works as well but if you are a little vain like me and need an extra boost after the prayer, then find that one thing that will keep you in check. Also, in the beginning of the cleanse I told my husband to keep me in check for the 40 days and he has been really good about it. Like he will say, "Hunny, 12 days is nothing!! You can do it. Remember that dress!" Some people prefer for others to give in to them when they have a weak moment but I love to have a strong person near me who can keep me in check. I think I would do great in a boot camp situation because I tend to keep going when I have someone pushing me! LOL.

Anyway, hope you all are doing good today!!! If I can do this, all of you can do this too. Lets all keep going, stay motivated and complete our personal goal!! Happy Cleansing :D :D :D :!: :!: :!:

Post subject: Thanks for the reply
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:46 pm 

Hi Carmel,
Thank you for the reply and the words of encouragement. I need them! I had a lot of trouble falling asleep this morning. I work night shift at a busy vet hospital so my nights are my days and my days are my nights...LOL...
I live in the country on a hobby farm. I have well water that smells like hard boiled eggs but have had it tested and it is very pure and good water to drink. So I got to thinking that maybe I could use that water for the salt water flush. I told myself it was a hard bolied egg with a little too much salt. Got it down no problem as I love eggs! I raise my own egg layers in fancy breeds and have farm fresh eggs all the time. Of course my friends and dogs are getting the eggs while Im on the flush....LOL...
I also raise cashmere and colored angora goats. I'm big into fiber bearing animals. Ok, I'm off topic and rambling. I'm kid of hyper tonight. I've been turning the xm radio to the dance channel and dancing in the treatment room for exercise. Good god, if a vet comes in they'll think I'm crazier then they already do! LOL
You def. inspire me. Thank you. I really enjoy your writing.
Eric in MD :D

Post subject: Day 30- the 10 day countdown to OJ begins
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:59 am 

Eric, you are very welcome- my pleasure! Sorry you had trouble falling asleep after such a busy night of working :( . That is good that you love eggs and you are able to pretend that the well water is eggs with too much salt...lol. Good for you for incoporating your love for dance as excersise- I am quite sure that makes your nights go by faster. :) :)

Day 30- Today is good. I did my SWF this morning as well as my excersises and I feel really good so far. I actually gained 4 ounces so my body is just in stubborn mode.

I am not hungry at all especially after watching the movie "Drag me to Hell", which is super duper gross. If you are cleansing and find you are suffering from hunger watch something gross on tv/movie and I guarantee your hunger will dissapear. *Like for example, they have this show on Food Network with this bald guy who travels the world and eats the craziest things that most of us would find a little gross like animal guts and different animal parts (I forget the name of the show). Anyhow, I guarantee if you feel hunger pangs and watch that show, the hunger will dissapear in a jiffy...lol.

Hope all of you are doing well and enjoying your Sunday!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:29 pm 

Funny that you mention the Food Network. I think I watch it more than ever for some reason, and yet I am not eating anything. Is it some form of sick torture? No clue... 20 days for me and I am watching the Food Network, and looking through cookbooks to get ideas for a dinner party I have to go to in October... Crazy!

-C

Post subject: LOL@ Food Network Obsession while Cleansing
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:46 pm 

Don't worry Caliban!! You and I are on the same page. I watched it yesterday from Iron Chef America to Chopped- just kept watching :shock: :shock: :shock: . All I can say is even though we are fasting, it has just made us love food even more. Plus we are trying to come up with healthy ways to eat after the cleanse. Congrats on the 20 days- you are right there with me! Are you playing it by ear or do you have a set length of time you would like to cleanse for?

Post subject: Carmel
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:57 pm 

LOL I thought I was the only one salivating and watching the Food Network channel all day! I've been a vegetarian/vegan,-(for the most part aside from cheese at parties/gatherings) for over a year now and not once have I had a desire to eat meat again until doing this cleanse! So weird. I'm usually disgusted by it actually. But I've been cooking meaty dishes for my fiance like crazy! And I love Ina Garten, god she can cook! Anyhoo I'm on Day 9 now, and just reading your journal and all of your posts has really helped! Thank you and continue to keep us posted!
Veronica

Post subject: Day 31
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:37 am 

Poofiepoofievern (Veronica), That is so great that you all ready have a good vegetarian diet. I would truly like to make that transition after this cleanse. That is funny you should desire meat while on the cleanse. Maybe your body is craving something in the meat or perhaps it is because most food looks so good when you are cleansing even if you do not typically eat it- at least for me. I am sure your fiance is wondering what has happened to you lately but I bet he is enjoying the cooking :D :D . Congrats on making it to day 9. How many days will you go for?

Day 31 Update
So, today is the last day of August and I have been doing this for an entire month. 9 days left. It is amazing what we are capable of as human beings because I never thought I would last this long without even taking one bite. Last night I dreamt that I cheated on my MC :shock: :shock: and ate the three things I know I shouldn't eat when I broke the cleanse: Meat, Cheese and a tall glass of milk. First off, I never even drink cows milk :roll: but my dream was so vivid :shock: and I felt soooooo terribly sick after eating in my dream. My stomach started moving around and heaving in and out- it was kind of spooky like I had an alien in my belly. I woke up very thankful that it was just a dream. I think it all stems from my fear of getting off this cleanse in a very healthy way.

This morning I woke up early and went for a walk and it felt very good. I only have one regret on this cleanse so far and that is, I have not excersised as much as I wanted too. I plan to get back to working out slowly as I get off the cleanse and ease back into it.

BTW, I did not weigh myself today because I feel bloated and I don't want to be dissapointed. I will weigh in tomorrow morning.

Changes: Today I am eliminating less which is definately a new thing and my tongue is still slightly coated. I hope my tongue is pink by day 40. According to one of Shiva's posts, I know you can have some days of pink and some days coated so I guess it's normal.

Anyway, hope you all are doing well. I need to buy more water and Lemons today. You should see how many huge water jugs I have gone through. I need to recycle them!

Happy cleansing :!: :!: :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:17 pm 

Carmel-
I think I am going to call it this Friday at 25. I would like to go longer, but my friends are throwing a birthday dinner party in my honor the weekend of Sept. 18-20. This has been in the works for a long time with people going all out as far as cuisine and wine. I am afraid that if I go beyond this Friday, I will make myself sick. There isn't a choice in choosing not to indulge and participate. It's all for me and has been planned for quite a while. So I figure 25 days is a good 1st cleanse. I will start probiotics and oj on saturday and do that for about 4 days before moving into fruit and vegetables. That's my plan anyway... This has been so successful that I am thinking of taking Shiva's advice and do another 10 days in December. (Every 90 days) We shall see.

You are doing great! Keep it up!

-C

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:40 pm 

Carmel- Oh yeah and I just realized what show you were talking about... it's Andrew Zimmerman Bizarre Foods/World. Pretty gross show!

My goal is to cleanse for 40 days. I've been making mini goals, like trying to go every 10 days. So now that I'm on day 10, I'm just acting like it's day 1 again. Have you lost inches? I was wondering around what day do people typically lose inches? I haven't noticed much yet, besides my stomach not being bloated.

Well I feel weak, and I almost passed out in my spin class today. So I'm not really enjoying not being able to work out like I used to before the cleanse.

Thanks for the updating! I'll keep reading ur posts so I don't quit!

-Veronica

Post subject: Day 32- 8 Days left
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:18 am 

Hi Caliban! :) Ok, Friday sounds like a plan and 25 seems like a good number. I think it is very wise that you are taking necessary steps to prepare for your special birthday party. That is a day to celebrate and it sounds like your friends & family have gone to a lot of trouble for you. I would keep doing your probiotics for 25 days after the cleanse. They will not interfere with your regular eating. I may just go along with you and also take Shiva's advice with the every 90 day cleanse. She had some great results with that and now that we are about to complete such lengthy cleanses, 10 days should be a breeze. Good luck C!

Hi Veronica! :) Yes Andrew Zimmerman is his name!! Thank you. That is the show and it is very gross :shock:. I appreciate diverse cultures very much but there are certain authentic foods & even local foods that I could never touch. ie. Animal Guts. The mini goals work, trust me. You will find that once you get to day 20 it will be a huge release to realize that you are at the halfway point. I have lost inches and the reason I know this is simply how my clothes fit. I am not sure if you are like me but I have varied sizes in my closet reflective of my weight gain over the years. I like this because I can tell what size I am just by trying on different clothes. So far I am down 1 full size and I hope to shrink a little more while on my 10 day juicing. I am also going to keep posting for the month of September to report my weight fluctuations on the board. I notice several people cleanse but we don't hear as much about the weight gain/loss or health reactions after so I will post my experience.

If you want to see how much you are shrinking you could take some measurements. That might also motivate you to stay the course. I am sorry you feel weak Veronica but you are my new idol. You did a spin class??? That is amazing. I find that class difficult when I am eating and I cannot imagine doing it during the cleanse. I am that girl at the back of the class that looks like she might just topple over (lol). Just take it easy and if you choose to spin again, have plenty of LA on hand so the maple syrup can give you some calories to burn off and some energy. Good luck.

DAY 32 Report

So, I hope all of you are doing good. My weight loss is at a stand still so I will report when I actually lose a lb. (LOL). One thing I am noticing is that my lips are very dry :? . When I complete this cleanse I plan to take some EFA capsules to help get some healthy fats into my system. Hope that will help with the dry lips and skin. I am also going to find some natural lotions at whole foods and be very liberal at night and apply it to my body.

I have noticed a new sense of mental clarity and I am finding it very refreshing. More to report tomorrow... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:18 pm 

Way to go on your cleanse. I am on day 12 and going to try to do the same thing. Go to 40 that is. I don't know my weight lose either so far since I never weigh myself. However, I can see rapid changes over night sometimes and others, I can see like you, water retention. I really appreciate you sharing what to do about releasing constipation since I have not gone for a few days and I am doing things right. I feel that bloated feeling too. Can you do enemas, do you know. As to your dry skin/lips try using extra virgin olive oil or regular if you have any. Take a bath and even indulge in it. You sure deserve it. I hope you keep us posted as to the days that follow your cleanse. You've inspired many. I saw the videos you were talking about that help motivate you. 1 day of 40, 10 days, etc..I haven't seen the follow up on her anywhere. Have you seen one? Keep it up, you must look amazing!

Post subject: Day 33- 7 Days left and Thank Goodness!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:36 pm 

Tinacristina- Thank you so much :D . Congrats on being on day 12 :!: That is amazing!! :) You have most likely lost weight even if you aren't weighing yourself. Glad you are seeing changes. Let me tell you, it is so great to try on clothes that were tight that finally fit or clothes that you might have worn previously that are now loose.

I am not sure about enemas and honestly I do not think you need one because of the SWF component as well as the laxitive tea in the PM. You may put too much strain on your colon :? . Should I put the olive oil right on my lips and bathe in it?? That might be a plan. I do have some olive oil in my cupboard and I would love to experience skin that is more silky since I hear that is a pleasant side effect of the cleanse that I am clearly not experiencing. I will most definately keep you posted because I think it is important for others to know in case there is something that doesn't work for me post cleanse. That way I can share that and hopefully others can learn from what I do well in addition to the mistakes I might make. I especially want others to know a weight status since weight is a huge motivator for many of us.

The videos were great huh?? She really made me want to do 40 days rather than 30 days. I have not seen the follow up videos sadly. I am not back to my optimum weight but I am certainly happier with my appearance now!! Thank you for posting and good luck to you. How many days will you go for total??

Day 33 Status

Ok so today I only had one glass of LA and tons of water and I feel great. I have been doing some yoga excersises and meditation and I feel a sense of calmness. I hated my Smooth Move yesterday and I will not miss that tea!! No really....I WILL NOT MISS THAT TEA. LOL. I will have to make it soon though. Anyhoo, today is good also because I don't have a bad taste in my mouth like I did last night. My tongue is pinker as well, which is a great sign but my tongue fluctuates so much that it is very hard to tell what color it will be in 7 days. I hope it is pink because then it will make me feel as if the cleanse really worked.

I am not going to lie. I am very scared to get off this cleanse. I want to be controlled and ensure my stomach and colon are not overwhelmed. I cannot wait to take my trip to whole foods for my organic orange juice. Yayyy. I have my follow up appointment this week to check my bloodwork so I will definately report if everything is healthy and in order.

I wish you all much success this evening and tomorrow. Good luck!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject: Day 44
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:28 am 

Feeling good today :D . Had 2 glasses of LA as soon as I woke up to replenish my energy since yesterday was mostly water all day. I think the only major regret I have is that I did not work out in some way everyday on this cleanse. I know that I am in worse shape because if I walk up the stairs I get a little winded now and I was not like that pre-cleanse :? .

Weight loss thus far: 32.4 lbs so I am trucking along nicely to my 40 lb weight loss goal.

I have been reading other posts this morning and now I am getting freaked out about hair loss. Are there any good supplements to take post cleanse to help with hair strength?

Hope all of you are doing well!! :D :D :D :D

Post subject: Doctor Results
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:19 pm 

Got my blood work back and I am ok. The only thing the doctor detected was an extreme deficiency in Vitamin D and slight anemia but aparently I am only about 2 points lower than normal so it is not a big deal.

The funny thing is that my B12 was VERY high. Wonder if that is because of the maple syrup. My blood pressure is good as well so I am happy!

:D

When I get off the cleanse I will take 1000 mg of Vitamin D per day (Doctors instructions) and also I will eat foods that are rich in iron.

Hope all of you are doing good.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next