[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Carmel's 40 Day Cleanse, Start: 08/01/09

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:58 pm 

You go Carmal. that is great. Your strength is giving me so much incentive. I am on day 14 and doing pretty good. Today though, my stomach is cramping tight. Not sure why but it just happen out of no where.

When you go off the cleanse you might also want to check out EmergC if you aren't familar with them . You can find them at Health food stores and in CA their in Walmarts to. Their filled with minerals and vitamins that is easy to drink They come in small packets that you can throw in your purse, car, everywhere. They also have 1000 mg of Vit. C. And literally nothing in calories, just nutrients. Best thing around. Stay strong. Your almost there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:28 am 

WOW!!! High in B12?? That's cool! I used to have to take 2 vitamins a day just for enough b12! Well I haven't really been losing much anymore. I'm actually ready to throw in the towel at my 20day mark. And then do the OJ and veggie broth and some veggies for the last 20 days. I can't stand not being able to work out 4 days a week. And I miss my muscle pump class! I love lifting weights! But can't lift weights just on LA. So I'm over it. I didn't have a lot to lose, I just needed to cleanse my medications out and bloatedness. My stomach is completely flat again! I've even notice some cellulite has gone away for the most part.

Confession... I ate a sweedish fish the other day and it was pretty freakin good. They have tropical ones now and I couldn't resist but to eat one little yellow starfish. And no I don't feel guilty! Infact I think my brain released some dopamine when I ate it, that's how great it was! I didn't get sick. It's one of the only vegan gummy candies, that and sour patch kids just incase anyone is wondering for the future.

Well I'm on day 15, and I would love to eat a pint of blueberries. I think when I start classes again this week that might help take my mind off of eating so maybe I will be able to do the full 40 but I really don't want to anymore. I need a vegetable. I miss hummus. I promise after this I won't eat any processed vegan chicken nuggets or burger patties. lol

Good luck guys and gals! Stick with it!

Post subject: Day 35 & 36- 4 days left!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:16 am 

Thanks Tinacristina! :D :D I am happy you made it to day 14, that is 2 whole weeks!!! Your stomach may be cramping because of the tea or maybe not enough water. I hope you feel better today. I have seen those EmergC packets. Thank you for suggesting. I wish you luck too!

Hey Poofiepoofievern. Yes, the high in B12 was really weird :shock: because I always thought Iron & B12 were related but my Iron is a little low so that was ironic to me. Before I started cleansing, my Mother sent me liquid vitamin 12 that you hold under your tongue for 30 seconds. I used to use the drops before a strenuous work out or weight lifting and they worked well. Perhaps some of that stayed in my system. I think 20 days is good and those OJ and veggies will be a nice way to ease off of the cleanse.

I miss the gym too so I understand you, especially weights because to me, your body can only look nice with a little muscle tone. A muscle pump class sounds fun! Glad your stomach is flat :D :D lucky duck. I still have a slight pooch which my husband thinks is cute but I hate it :( ! lol :) . Yay for your cellulite going away, I hate cellulite!

Sweedish fish sounds good. I have never eaten it. I am just happy it did not make you sick. Blueberries sounds so good :D :D . I am like you and now craving healthy stuff. During the beginning of the cleanse I was having odd cravings for junk but now I just want to sink my teeth into some spinach, tomatoes, flax crackers and hummus. I am so thankful I did this cleanse because it has really changed my perceptions on food. I will listen to my body this time instead of letting my mind rule the show.

Anyway Poofie, thank you for the good luck and by the way, I love your nickname on the board. Poofie Poofie sounds cute!! lol.

Day 35 and 36 Status

Yesterday I must have been out of my mind by hosting a dinner party for our friends :roll: . I was working so hard and felt fine b/c I had a bunch of LA to keep my energy level high. It turned out to be easier to serve each course to everyone because I didn't have to eat myself. Also, I was able to clean the kitchen along the way and everything was organized just how I like it. I had time to serve each course, garnish the plates & mix the drinks with the hubbies help. My husband blabbed that I have been on this cleanse and next week will be 40 days. I promise you people almost dropped their drinks. They were amazed that anyone could even think of doing that...lol. In any case it all went well because they loved the food. I love to entertain and haven't been able to during the cleanse so it was a very fun night for me....UNTIL.... :shock:

But, when they left, and I had a chance to relax, I felt soooooo sore. It hit me like a :shock: :shock: BIG HEAVY BRICK :shock: :shock: . My back hurt, body aches, I felt nauseated, feverish and just icky, which is why I didn't post yesterday. I realize that it must have been just toxins being released. This morning I woke up, did a SWF and now I feel much better. My muscles are no longer sore and I got a nice long sleep. I also took a recommendation and added olive oil and a natural bubble bath and took a nice relaxing bath while listening to Sade. My skin now feels so silky smooth and I rubbed a little olive oil on my lips so they are now perfectly soft. A girl suggested that to me on this post so thank you so much, great advice!!!

Anyway, wish you all the best. For those having to sit through Labor Day week-end festivities filled with food, smells and alcohol, stay strong. Remember your mind might want a big juice steak but your body might reject it and you want to stay healthy!! :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:55 pm 

Way to go Carmel. I mean it. You have done something HUGE and I am sure you look terrific. I am on day 17 and 37 seems so far away but it really isn't when you think how fast time flies?

I hope you continue to keep us posted to the after cleanse. It would be great to hear. I bet your husband is really proud of you.

I am glad you like the olive oil tip too. You can also soak your hair too in the water and your hair will shine afterwards. Just don't wash out. It will be slightly glazed like your skin felt. It's a treat! I think I might do that too tonight!

Post subject: Up Early and Feeling Terrible- Day 39
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:05 pm 

Day 39
Weight Lost: 35 lbs

Hey Fasting Buddies!

So, I was thinking that the last 5 days of this cleanse would be easy breezy for me but it is almost as if I am having brand new detox symptoms again. :cry: :cry:

I am not enjoying the taste of LA or water right now :shock: . I have the worst metallic/bitter taste in my mouth that will not go away even after scrubbing my tongue and brushing my teeth and I have been feeling like vomiting since last night. For the first night last night, I did not even drink my Smooth Move tea. I took a nap around 6 pm yesterday, which was also unusual for me. I feel fluish as well and my throat feels a little sore.

Now, I am quite sure these are detox symptoms but I am confused :? because it is day 39 and I would have expected these symptoms more so in the first 5 days. I had mint tea today but all it did was make me burp. I am also really bloated in my tummy, which I find strange.

Anyway, I am not trying to dampen anyones mood but I am hoping that someone else is experiencing or has experienced similar symptoms and if so, what did they do? These are my worst symptoms yet so it sucks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:58 am 

It's 40 days for you Carmel...congrats!! Way to go girl and I hope your feeling better.

I don't know what is happening to your body. I know last night I was stretching and then my stomach started to feel sick too and I felt like throwing up. Strange...

I hope your feeling terrific today!! Way to go.

Post subject: Day 39 Cont.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:10 pm 

Hi TinaCristina, thank you so much!! You are a real sweetheart. Yes, the olive oil worked great so thank you so much. I hope you enjoyed your bubble bath the other day as well.

I still have a horrible taste in my mouth so every hour I gargle with sea salt water and it eliminates the taste for awhile. I also have been drinking less and sipping water more slowly, which seems to help with the nausea. Tomorrow will be my last day- day 40 so I am excited that I am about to reach my goal. Tomorrow evening I will buy my oranges as well as vegi's to juice in my juicer. 10 days of juice will be a refreshing change and lets hope I don't get sick...lol. I will also keep posting to let you all know.

My earlier post was grumpy (sorry guys) but I had to vent. I am just going to be strong and finish this thing even if I do feel a little ill.

TinaC, I am sorry you were sick too so I suppose you have an idea of what I was feeling. Hope your tummy feels better as well.

I know they were detox symptoms but I just didn't understand why I experienced them at the end of the cleanse, rather than the beginning or the middle.

Anyway, I wish all the best!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:06 am 

Hi Carmel, congratulations to making it to the 40th day. You must be looking wonderful like a Goddess. Have an awesome last cleansing day. I'm on my 2nd day working up to hopefully 21 days. Take care and God Bless.

SW: Didn't weigh myself when I started
CW:Don't know yet
GW:155

Post subject: Day 40- Last Day of the Cleanse!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:25 pm 

Weight Lost 36 Lbs
Day 40- Last Day!!! Yayyyyyyy

Thank you so much Pretty and God bless and Good luck to you as well my dear! You will do it- you will make it to 21 days!!

I am about to take my probiotic tonight and tomorrow morning and I have my bag of organic organges ready to go for tomorrow. I will probably have to buy some more- have not bought the vegis as yet.

Turns out my bad detox symptoms were due to the Red Monster who paid me a visit this morning. It may be TMI but I just wanted you all to know my bad mood and symptoms were caused by PMS and not the cleanse. And I was here blaming the cleanse for everything! lol.

I will keep you all posted and best of luck to all of you no matter what day you are on. Be strong and you can do it!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject: Day 1 off Come Off
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:13 am 

Had my probiotic last night and this morning.

I squeezed my orange juice this morning and diluted with water, how sweet!!!

Weight lost total since beginning of cleanse: 37 lbs

So, I lost a few more so far- yay!

Hope you all are well. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:23 pm 

Awesome job Carmel. Enjoy your OJ. And good luck with everything else. Aloha.

SW: Didn't weigh myself when I started
CW:Don't know yet
GW:155

Post subject: Congratulations to Corageous Carmel
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:58 am 

Well done Carmel :D

I am so impressed with you and your strength. I have been logging on every few days to see your progress, becoming more and more bewildered that someone could do this for 40 days (I managed 5 days and a 3 day).

Most of all... I am dying to know about everyones reaction. Especially those who have not seen you for a while?? You lost a huge amount of weight goodness, how do you feel about that. Hopefully gloating from ear to ear at your achievement. Do tell?!!

Best wishes
Candy

Post subject: Thank you Lovely Ladies
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:55 am 

Hi Candy and Pretty,

Thank you both so much for your support!!! This board truly kept me focused & motivated I must say. Candy, 5 Days is still a very big deal so you should be proud of yourself & maybe next time you can go for 7 and then 10, and so on. Think about the people that you know. Who would be able to actually go without any food for 5 days :?: Probably not many of them. So it is still an accomplishment :!: :D

Today is my third day of Organic Orange juice (I drink about 4-5 cups per day). I don't dilute it but I follow each cup of freshly squeezed OJ with a cup of water. I have now lost 38 lbs so I am almost at my goal of 40 but truth be told losing 55 would bring me to a healthy weight.

I am not hungry at all and the orange juice is so sweet and yummy that I am just thrilled not to drink LA anymore (sorry to all those who are still drinking it and loving it but after 40 days if I see a lemon, I am running in the opposite direction...lol). I am taking my probiotics every morning and I have about 1 small elimination per day which is cool because I know many don't for awhile when they stop drinking the smooth move (which by the way, I do not want to drink for a very long time).

I weigh myself each morning which will help me to keep track of what I eat and how it effects the scale. Most experts do not recommend people to weigh themselves each day but to me, it helps you to know what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong- it keeps you honest with yourself.

Amazingly, all my cravings for junk, cheese, meat, pasta have all dissapeared. All I crave right now is lettuce, fresh vegis and fruit. This is very exciting for me because I suffered from cravings during my cleanse.

Good luck people and hang in there, the time really does fly faster than you think!!!

Carmel

Post subject: Soup a little too early...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:26 pm 

I felt hungry this evening....

Really hungry. and irritated...and a little emotional. :?

So, I went to the supermarket and bought some organic vegi broth, organic spinach, corn, green peas, carrots, edamame 8) .

I ate about 6/7 edamame's out of the steamed pod. I felt ok. Then I made a soup with the broth and vegis.

So I had put about 1 cup of soup in a bowl. I ate some vegis and broth and felt good- it tasted amazing!!

I only had about half of the soup in my bowl and decided to stop and I am glad I did. It is so weird because I felt so hungry initially but now I feel as full as if I ate a huge meal. I am bloated, gassy & feeling kind of weird and thinking I probably should have juiced my vegis as planned instead of jumping the gun and making soup :? . So if anyone else comes of a 30-40 day and feels like soup on the 3rd day off the cleanse, you should probably juice instead like I had initially planned to. I am not sick but I could have easily become sick if I listened to my mind and gobbled down the entire bowl.

At this point I may never eat again :shock: :shock: ....LOL...Just kidding but I definately need to take this easy. Wow, am I ever glad I didn't eat something crazy like one of the cheesesticks my husband was eating. Can you imagine?

Anyway, I wanted to post this because we tend to think cooked organic vegis will be easily digested but I still think juicing is probably the better route to go at least for 5 days. Tomorrow I will juice and maybe have a little broth from my soup but no more edamame/solid vegis for a few days.

I will keep you all posted. (hopefully some of this will be helpful to some of the first time cleansers)

Post subject: Feeling Great
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:22 pm 

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next