[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Carmel's 40 Day Cleanse, Start: 08/01/09

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:06 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Carmel's 40 Day Cleanse, Start: 08/01/09
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:47 pm 

I was posting in the wrong section (silly me) so I am repeating my post in success stories.

I have done this before for 10-15 days but never for 40 Days!! I am so happy this forum exists for moral support since my husband is downstairs now eating Publix Cake...Grrr . So far so good. I am not hungry yet and I imagine my main issue through the next 40 will be temptation but not actual hunger.

Wish me luck

I can't wait to get my body back to normal and get rid of these toxins. I have been experiencing muscle aches, bumps/acne on my face and other health issues. I am so excited so far and will keep you all posted on my developments. If I can get through 40 days--anyone can (lol)

First 4 days are definately the most difficult but this is my gift to my body after a previous 40 days of eating junk.

Last edited by Carmel on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:33 pm 

So its Day 2 and a little difficult. The SWF made me so jittery and took like 2 hours to work. I just tried to drink a lot of water afterwards and felt better. I have felt some hunger but I am just trying to ignore those pangs. Thank goodness my husband went out so I don't have to smell food. :?

Hope everyone else is doing ok with their cleanse. I cannot wait to get to day 5. :P

One great thing I noticed this morning is that I had less muscle aches. Lately I have been waking up with pain in my joints but this morning I was fine. My face is all ready looking smaller, which is always a plus.

I look forward to the rest of this fast and I know I can get through it by keeping my mind strong and ignoring temptation.

Carmel:-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:48 pm 

Day 3 is going well so far

I have lost 7 lbs so far which is great but I believe I lost that much because I stuffed myself before starting the cleanse. My goal is to lose at least 40 lbs for a wedding I will be attending next month. I also have a new job I am starting in a few weeks and it would be so nice to fit into my old clothes again!!

Anyway, I was weak this morning but this afternoon I have been feeling a sense of calm. Typically I am anxious when I have a busy day but today I felt calm and happy.

I had some cravings while driving and smelling Burger King but I keep thinking about my main goal: Losing weight, feeling healthy, removing ailments, etc. So far so good but I am realizing that with this cleanse, you have to take things one day at a time.

I hope everyone else is doing well and feel free to share your experiences as well. Anyone else trying to do 40 days??

Changes:
*I only used 1 tsp in my SWF today and I felt less jittery. It still worked about 4 times, which is gr8!

*I drank more purified water today in between lemonade and I feel better. In my last two cleanses I did not drink enough water

To everyone HAPPY CLEANSING!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:01 pm 

Day 4 and going on strong
8 lbs lost thus far
Did SWF & had literally 5 trips to Restroom (TMI, sorry)
(I never count the cups of tea, I just sip when I feel hunger)

This morning was difficult b/c of my monthly gift from Mother Nature which came on day 3. I had severe cramps and although I did not want to medicate on the cleanse, I had to take 1 extra strength tylenol just to numb some of the pain I was feeling.

This evening I felt better and I decided to cook my husband a nice meal of chicken, pasta and vegis. While he gobbled that up I just sipped my drink. Funny I was not tempted to eat but I did note how amazing my sense of smell has become. I could just smell the food and know what spices it needed. Weird huh? My hubby is a little jealous of the weight loss so he says he may go on a diet as well...not the cleanse but his own low carb diet. LOL. How cute!

Anyway, tonight I will buy plane tickets for my cousins wedding so it is almost official. I also bought the cutest dress 2 sizes smaller than my current size and I cannot wait to fit into it at the end of the cleanse. It may seem strange but I hang the dress up outside my closet door and it reminds me of my ultimate goal.

Don't get me wrong, weight loss is merely a benefit to this cleanse. My main concern is to feel better and make my body healthy but we all need some type of motivation to sip instead of chew! :roll:

Happy cleansing beautiful people!!

Post subject: Day 5 of 40
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:09 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:53 pm 

SW: Didn't weigh myself when I started
CW:Don't know yet
GW:155

Post subject: Wow, I love your posts...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:32 pm 

Post subject: Thanks Pretty & Rovenden
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:31 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:04 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:45 am 

Its your choice. But mentally it would suffice to start over from day 1 being that it will stick in your head that you cheated. I know two days is like an eternity, but think about how good it will feel that you really went the full cleanse without caving. I think you should start over cause the mental feeling in the end will be worth it.

Post subject: Welcome Adrienne, you can do it!!!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:04 am 

Hi Adrienne!! That is good that you found the board because when you are on here you will feel supported. Also, you can get advice from experienced fasters. Those who have not completed a cleanse/fast do not always understand how much our bodies crave a break from food and need it.

I admire you for fasting with small children, it must be tough. I can empathize because my husband loves to eat as well and although it's tough, it makes me feel even stronger to be around food and not eat.

It is difficult to be around food and as a Mother, you have no choice. I would make a list of personal reasons you are doing the fast and perhaps you could put that list up on the fridge or in the bathroom as a reminder. I have ripped August out of my calendar and taped it up in my bathroom. Each day I record my weight and I find that to be a motivator for me. I also have a personal note on the fridge reminding me of my reasons for wanting to fast (ex. more clarity of thoughts, less aches and pains, weight loss, fitting into my older clothes again, improved confidence and self-esteem, sense of accomplishment, etc.)

It is your choice if you want to start again from day 3 but I really feel like you should start from day 1 again because only then you are being truly honest with yourself and getting the most benefits from the fast. But...it is up to you of course and either way, I would respect your choice.

This cleanse is helpful and my tactic is to take things one day at a time and spend time preparing the mind before hand. When your mind is ready you will know it is time to begin. I do not know how easy it will be for me to go this long because it is my first attempt but I am just taking things one day at a time and listening to my body.

One word of advice: The first 4-5 days are the most difficult. To make these days easier watch what you eat before the cleanse. If you eat more raw foods and juices before hand, you will be less hungry. I ate too much before the cleanse and this made the process more difficult for me. Also, look at some posts in General Forum in regards to the steps of the cleanse and what to expect. ShivaBliss gives a great description of the stages of fasting and I look at it everyday. Somehow it makes me happy that if I go to at least 30 days, I am getting the most benefits out of this fast.

I hope some of those tips help you. Remember, this is a gift you are giving your body and your body will thank you. :D

Post subject: Day 6
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:31 am 

So, today is ok so far- better than yesterday and I feel no hunger yet. Yayy for that because last night was tough for me :( . I went driving with the hubby and wanted to eat.

I did the SWF with 2 tsp & 32 oz of Pur. Water and I have a feeling this is why I haven't lost any weight today-still the same. I believe I may be retaining some water so today my plan is to have 2 cups of purified water per every 1 cup of lemonade and hopefully eliminate some of the sodium in my body. I will see if this helps with tomorrow's weigh in.

I realized today that I have a really "messed up" relationship with food :( . I drank my salt water flush and afterwards it made me feel happy to be so full- I pretended it was soup (yes, I do have a great imagination by the way :roll: ). I realize that I enjoy being full because I think it makes me feel better emotionally. (I hope that makes some type of sense because I know it sounds a little crazy..lol).

During this journey, I would like to permanently change my relationship with food for the better. I want to eat for nourishment, rather than eating for anxiety, sadness, happiness, boredom, frustration, celebration, etc. It is tough because I have learned these relationships from childhood but there is nothing like 40 days of cleansing to help one break a bad habit... :).

Last nights dreams were all about food :shock: . Oh my goodness, I had about 4 mini-dreams and they all involved food. I never actually ate in the dream but I was cooking in preparation to eat and others were eating around me. The food was beautiful and colorful. Because my dreams were so colorful and vivid, I woke up feeling guilty as if I broke the cleanse. Thank goodness I was just dreaming. LOL.

Things I have noticed:

* My tongue is very white & coated and has been since I began the fast
* My complexion has become paler than usual but I understand this is normal according to my stage of the cleanse
* This is gross and TMI but my breath has not been gr8 so I brush my teeth frequently throughout the day to cope
* I have not had any issue with lack of daily multiple eliminations, which is good
* I have been sleeping better since I began the cleanse
* I have been getting cold easily. Normally I love AC at all times but I have been feeling chilly and unable to have the temp too low in my house/car

Hope everyone else is doing well on their journey to well being!! Carmel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:31 am 

Hello evryone! That's really great Carmel that your going for 40 days! Hope I can do 40 as well. I started on the 3rd and yesterday day 3 was the hardest! I felt so hungry my stomach was making those noises and it really hurt so bad I came home after being out all day to the supermarkets, let te tell you it was so hard I passed by many fast food places and almost all were the ones I usually eat at. But I went hone and found cooked fish it smelled so good and wanted a piece but something hit me and ha to go to the bathroom after geting out I drank lemonade and felt full, thank god! Well today is day 4 and went out to get more spring water and more lemons I drank the SWF at around 11:30am and made the lemonade while it got lukewarm. How much are the lemons you buy and where do you buy them at? And how big are they? Or do you use limes?

Well I have a few questions of my own hope someone can answered them.

1. Is the peppermint tea suppose to be everyday or when?
2. What lemons or limes do you use? organic or non organic?
3. Can I use a PŪR water filter for the faucet sink or does it have to be purified water? I bought 10 gallons of spring water and I saw the filter is that ok?
4. Do you think if I go through 10 days of the MC cleanse with organic lemons and than the rest with non organic lemons will it be fine? I also am looking forward to the limes!

Ok sorry for all those questions but it's my first cleanse. And Carmel, fo you use toothpaste? I use a tongue cleaner because I tought I couldn't use toothpaste? Cheers and let's keep this up! It's great motivation!

Post subject: Re: Thanks Pretty & Rovenden
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:43 am 

[quote="Carmel"]Thank-you so much Pretty. :D It sounds like you have had your share of experience with fasting. I cannot believe you were able to complete 50 days! :shock: That is simply amazing. Three questions for you if you don't mind answering:

1. What helped you get through those 50 days?
2. How did you ease of the cleanse?
3. Were you able to keep most of the weight off that you lost?

Hi Carmel, what helped me on the cleansing is keeping myself busy. When I stay still, I think of food, I watch food network and watch other people eat. Not good. I also made my "POSITIVE STATEMENTS" cards. I wrote on an index card all the most important things to me and all the positive reinforcement sayings on this card and I carry it with me every where. When I'm weak or I feel the urge to quit, I bust it out and read it over and over again until the urge is gone. Some of the things on my list is:
1. I'm stronger than I think.
2. No one can do this but me.
3. I'm worth being healthy.
4. I will look fabulous.

Write what ever it is that you know will encourage you to start this fast. My biggest thing is always weight but I know with the cleansing this is a side-effect besides being healthy.

Also, I worked out like a maniac. I run in the morning with my dog. In the evening, I'm hitting the gym doing weights and aerobics classes.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you. Stay strong. Stay positive. Stay stubborn. Take care and God Bless.

SW: Didn't weigh myself when I started
CW:Don't know yet
GW:155

Post subject: Welcome JR10
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:41 pm 

JR10: I am sure you will able to do 40 days if you put your mind to it. :) We can definately support one another. Day 3 is really tough so I understand what you are going through. Good for you for not eating that fish even though it smelled good! :D

It does not seem like the hunger will pass when you have cravings like that but believe me, it does JR. Today I haven't even needed much lemonade, just drinking a ton of water and food commercials are not making me crazy anymore (great sign). So, just be patient, drink up and you will be fine. Mind over matter!

Lemons come in different sizes. My suggestion would be to get your lemons from Whole Foods or a store that sells organic fruits. I feel that organic is better but ultimately it is your choice b/c I have a few girlfriends that have used non-organic and they still seemed to benefit from the fast. You can purchase an inexpensive OJ juice squeezer to assist you with getting the juice out of the lemons or you can just squeeze them with your hands- that depends on your personal preference. Each lemon has a different amount of juice but I would just buy a bunch and then you will get an idea of how many you actually need for your measurements. I have never used limes during the cleanse so I have no idea how that would work.

I have heard that you can use mint tea during the cleanse to assist with bad breath, digestion and for a new taste. I may have some tonight now that you reminded me of that :D

I always use Organic Lemons

I have a PUR filter on my tap but I choose to use purified or distilled water

I think it is your choice whether to use organic/non-organic lemons but remember that there are toxins in non-organic lemons

I use toothpaste but maybe I shouldn't be. Let me know what you find out about that.

Good luck and I am so excited you will also be on the cleanse!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next