[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - A beginner's question

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: A beginner's question
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:30 pm 

Hi all, I'm doing the MC now and plan to transition to a raw/vegan lifestyle after the cleanse.

This may be a dumb question, but it's one I can't find a clear-cut answer to:

Is a raw-food diet inherently a gluten-free diet as well, or is it possible that gluten might be included in some raw food recipes?

I think raw = gluten-free, but I'm not 100% sure, and would love a more experienced person's help.

Thank you in advance!

Post subject: Re: A beginner's question
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:30 am 

Hi New:

I searched the Internet and found a post by someone regarding this subject. This should answer your question and give you a lot more information than you asked for! Here it is:

>> The raw food lifestyle often excludes most or all grains, is a perfect solution way to stay gluten free.

Raw Food will help you heal from all the effects gluten has caused you - not just your Intestines!

Not only is Raw Food gluten free, it offers many other health benefits. Some people with Celiac also suffer from Obesity (I did), as I transitioned to raw food for two years I also lost 200 pounds without being hungry! I am still losing with a hundred pounds to go!

Many people with Celiac also suffer with Diabetes. I was for some time taking five insulin shots a day. My elder brother has lost half of his foot and many toes. My younger brother has lost his left leg below the knee. My grand father had a long term fight with Type 2 Diabetes. My serious Diabetes has disappeared with my transition to a Raw Food life.

Celiac Disease and High Blood Pressure often follow each other. My RESTING blood pressure got up to 250/170 while taking a dozen blood pressure related pills a day! As I transitioned to the Raw Food Lifestyle I also saw my blood pressure drop to normal. I still wonder if the B.P. device is working when it reports 110/70 with a pulse of 55.

Angina and Celiac Disease are common enemies also. Mine was so bad I could not work. Anyone who has been so sick they never got out of bed for 6 months, not even to visit the CR (bathroom) knows how sick a person can be. Just add to that pain that gets worse from time to time but never goes away. I had to be carried down stairs just to visit the doctor. I knew I was going to die. Now I walk 3-4 Km easily!

Celiac Disease and Gout can be best buddies. When you need a wheelchair you know what I mean! My transition to Raw Food has removed them both!

Arthritis and Celiac are another pair of pals as many have discovered. Rheumatoid Arthritis, as well as other Rheumatic Diseases I had, just gave up on me when I stopped eating "cooked carbs" in my transition to a raw food lifestyle.

My biggest heartache when I learned I had Celiac Disease and needed to eat a "gluten free diet" was Social Acceptance! I felt so unloved, an outcast from society. When I told people I had Celiac Disease and that I must strictly eat only a "gluten free diet" they looked at me with a stare of "what is really wrong with you and what did you do to deserve it?" My first year of being gluten free got more and more lonely because I was more and more ashamed of my disease that caused so many people such an inconvenience. People remember when you used to eat gluten.

Today I tell people I have some food allergies and live a Raw Vegan Lifestyle! Ofter people react by saying something like, "Wow, that is really a good (or healthy) way to live!" Instantly people are at ease and asking me about my new lifestyle. Now when we go out to eat, it is my friends and family that tell the waitress that she must pay close attention be to my order "because he has allergies and only eats raw veggies" or "because he cured himself of Diabetes (an incurable disease everyone knows about) with raw vegetables." I discovered that places like Pizza Hut and Sunburst Chicken will gladly modify their salad to meet my raw food lifestyle. I like some organic sun-dried raisins on my salad and no place has refused to let me add these and use my own raw avocado "dressing" on their salad.

I make food for my friends and family to try and they report back their success of having a raw food dinner or breakfast!

Whereas Celiac Disease and a "gluten free diet" excluded me with disdain from many people, having a Raw Foods Lifestyle gets me included and admired for improving my health and life. I think it is because people understand being vegetarian at least on the surface, as being a more healthy lifestyle.

When they find out my vision has improved and all the other great things of this lifestyle, they want to add parts of it into their life too. It is helpful that there used to be a vegetarian lifestyle show on TV too!

You will notice that I do not say I am on a diet - I am NOT! Most people understand that a "diet" is result of a wrong choice. "He got so fat he had to diet." "He ate the wrong thing early in life and now must be on a Sugar Free Diet!" Diet implies that there is something WRONG WITH YOU!

There is nothing wrong with me. I am exactly the way my genetic design made me. I consider myself disease free! Celiac Disease never effected anyone who never ate gluten! Type 2 Diabetes is well documented to disappear (or not appear) with people who consume raw food! I don't have disease because I am exactly who I should be. I am the way God designed me and if I eat the way God designed, I do not have any disease or problems!

Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; (Gen 1:29 NASB)

It says nothing about cooking or processing in the original design! It is what I call around here, a "VeGenesis Lifestyle!" Veggies from Genesis!

My Raw Food Vegan Lifestyle actually makes me more Social Acceptable! It has made my circle of friends larger and fuller and more enjoyably.

Plus my Raw Food Lifestyle totally eliminates the problems of trying to live Gluten Free in a Gluten Rich world! Facing the facts, compliance is the hardest part of the gluten free diet. That is no problem if you live a Raw Food Lifestyle! I have no insulin reactions, no sugar reactions, no reactions to milk, eggs, and no gluten reactions either (but I used to have them all in the past!)

Lastly, I am NOT "a Celiac," or "a Diabetic." There is much more to me than the names of some disease! I am a Rawfoodist! I choose for myself a better life than most people have. My friends say I am a fun (and funny) guy and sometimes a "Silly Act" (not Celiac) to follow! All in good fun as they all know I have cured my diseases with my lifestyle change...

I am a Success! <<

TOTAL LOSS SO FAR: 67 lbs.

Follow My Journey - See My Pics!
http://www.LeftMyFatBehind.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:59 am 

Hey there newbeginnings,

While a raw food diet tends to be inherently gluten free, there can be some issues with cross contamination especially if you have Celiac Disease. The reason there is so much concern is that a person with Celiac is so sensitive to gluten they need to have utensils and cutting boards, appliances, etc. that have not come into contact with gluten or have been thoroughly cleansed. This is not the case for someone who just has gluten sensitivity.

Good luck on your transition.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:52 pm 

Hi MC Gal & eatraw,
Thank you so much for your help! Both of your responses were so informative -- it is much appreciated.
I'll do more research too so that I will be more informed, but I feel like you both helped me get off to a good start!
Take good care and I wish you both good health & happiness!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:46 am 

Losing weight can be a daunting task for even the most disciplined of individuals. There are many diets and supplements available that claim to help you shed the pounds in weeks, sometimes even days, but for sustained weight loss, you must accomplish a change of lifestyle that is often hard to maintain. Weight loss, scientifically speaking, is simply burning more calories than you take in, minus the calories burned for regular system functions such as digestion, breathing, maintaining blood flow, etc.

Let us start with the example that you are maintaining a steady weight (180 pounds) and you want to lose 20 pounds. For the average person, you must burn an extra 70000 calories than you take in and burn through regular body function. Generally speaking, burning 3500 calories will equal 1 pound of weight loss. Here is the first step in your journey to a slimmer, healthier self , the mental aspect.