[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Lemon Peel Anyone?

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Lemon Peel Anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:57 am 

Has anyone else recognized the fact that with all the organic lemons we are using, we have the perfect opportunity to make a lifetime supply of organic lemon peel. Im washing my lemons before juicing them and then grating them up and tossing them on a dehydrator sheet and bottling it up when they are dry.

When we are no longer cleansing I will use the lemon peel in a shaker on many foods: Lemon-Pepper Chicken, Lemon-Berry Kefir Smoothies, Ginger-Lemon Yogurt Dip (for fruit...served with banana bread & cream cheese - lol), Lemon tea blends, Lemon pudding pies & LEMON BARS...a holiday fav of mine, etc.

Actually, you can powder ORANGE PEEL and make a vitamin C supplement too. So why not lemons?

Im thinking it would be a welcomed gift in the kitchens of many of my circle of friends too. Add it to a tea blend for another special gift. I gave my sister-in-law a single lace glove, a very dainty tea cup and saucer and an antique book with her name "Audrey" on the binding, in a basket for christmas one year. She displayed it on a shelf in her bedroom and it looks very nice....should have added a lemon tea blend to that basket!

Found this online.............

LEMON PEEL
Botanical: Citrus limon
Family: Rutaceae (rue/citrus)
Other common names: Citrus Limonum, Citronnier, Leemoo, Limone

It's not just a garnish for your lemonade. Try our Lemon Peel for natural good health. Its high nutritive content (especially ascorbic acid) helps to build the body's immune system and ward off infection, and its digestive qualities help to ease indigestion, colic and nausea. Lemon Peel may also halt vomiting.

Disclaimer:
The information presented herein by Herbal Extracts Plus is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, cure, treat or prevent disease. Individual results may vary, and before using any supplements, it is always advisable to consult with your own health care provider.

History:
Lemon Peel is the ripened rind of Lemons, which grow on tender trees that thrive in rich, well-drained soil in full sun with ample moisture during the growing season. Lemons are native to northern India, and are also cultivated in the West Indies, the Mediterranean region and other tropical countries throughout the world, but do not transplant well. The trees may grow to a height of twenty-two feet with green leaves and flowers that produce yellow fruits that are very sour. The name Lemon is derived from the Arabic, limun or limu, which, in turn, comes from the Sanskrit, nimbuka, a term that covers several types of citrus. The trees reached Europe by way of Persia (or Media) and were first grown in Greece, and then Italy in the second century. There is a great deal of current research being conducted lately with respect to Lemon Peel and its powerful constituent, d-limonene, a cyclic monoterpene (also found in orange peel) that causes G1 cell cycle arrest, but thus far, no conclusions have been drawn, and further research is needed. In vitro and animal data suggest potential efficacy of D-limonene in treating cancer, but human data are lacking. Further research is necessary to determine if D-limonene has a role in the prevention or treatment of cancer. (You may wish to check out the Memorial Sloan-Kettering site - http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/69206.cfm - for further information about d-limonene.) Lemon has been an important ingredient in herbal medicines, as well as candies, baked goods, drinks and preserves, with the peels used in aromatherapy and potpourris for their strong fragrance. Some of the constituents in Lemon Peel include volatile oils, flavonoids, coumarins, hesperidin (a bitter, crystalline glucoside), a high content of ascorbic acid (vitamin C), protein, carbohydrates, fiber, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, iron and vitamin A.

Beneficial Uses:
Lemon Peel is considered a digestive. It contains a bitter principle that is effective in stimulating the digestive tract and promoting good digestion, and it has long been used to calm an upset stomach, ease colic and indigestion, and also stop vomiting.

Lemon Peel is highly nutritional and loaded with important minerals and vitamins (especially ascorbic acid/vitamin C) that are beneficial in cases of vitamin deficiency, such as scurvy, etc., as well as helping to build immunity against infection. Moreover, Lemon Peel is said to reduce permeability of blood vessels, which may be helpful in relieving the discomforts of phlebitis. Reducing permeability

of blood vessels may also increase the body's resistance to invasive infection and malignant disease (see history above).

As a diuretic, Lemon Peel is thought to help promote urine flow and work to cool the body.

Lemon Peel is thought to improve peripheral circulation that helps to stimulate blood flow to the hands and feet, which can be of great relief to older people with poor circulatoin.

When used topically, Lemon Peel is thought to help stop bleeding gums after vigorous brushing.

Recommended Dosage:
Take two (2) capsules, one (1) to two (2) times each day with water at mealtimes.

Contraindications:
Currently, there appear to be no warnings or contraindications with the use of Lemon Peel, but when used topically, it may cause photosensitivity or contact dermatitis.

Capsule Size:
We use only 100% Gluten-free, Vegetable Cellulose "00" capsules for all of our encapsulated products. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:37 am 

Thanks for the great idea! :D
-anna

http://leadmetotheharbour.blogspot.com/
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profi ... 1441478485

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:53 pm 

I will try it out
You grate the skin and then do I put it in the fridge?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:15 am 

I thought that skins of fruits and veggies were where all the parasite eggs were ... ?? I dunno, some of the raw foodists/expert cleansers talk about peeling everything ..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:56 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:31 am 

You can use them in potpourri's too. I take the white part out, and use only the peel.

I had a similar aha moment about wasting the other day too, only with rose petals. I was picking up some senna tea for this fast...(its super cheap)--- You can get an entire bag for under a dollar from the bulk bin...instead of being packed in smooth move...

Anyway, there was this little sign posted about making your own rosewater.
All you do is pour not quite boiling water over about 3" of rosepetals, let it set for an hour and drain. I made about a gallon of concentrated rosewater the other day. I actually took a bath in it, as there was so much! Can you imagine?! All this time I was buying it, and it was in my backyard. The gal at the store, an herbalist, said put a touch of glycerine in it or vitamin e as a preservative. It was the easiest herbal concoction I ever made!

garden of wisdom dot com and essesntial day spa dot com in the diy forums have all kinds of info on things like this too.
make your own creme day la mer, for example, and vitamin C serum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:04 pm 

great idea!! I dont have a dehydrator so can they still of use to me? ;/

Post subject: Re: Lemon Peel Anyone?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:27 pm 

I m taking lemon peel for my . Lemon Peel is thought to improve peripheral circulation that helps to stimulate blood flow to the hands and feet, which can be of great relief to older people with poor circulation.