[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Drug abuse and change...

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Drug abuse and change...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:10 pm 

So I got to the part in the Master Cleanse book that talks about drug abuse. This subject hits close to home... I've been smoking weed for the past 9 yrs almost. I was what you'd call a total "stoner" with an every day habit. When I first started to smoke I thought the stuff was gods gift to man. But cut to 9 yrs later and I just felt pathetic, paranoid, and like I'd effectively smoked away the past few years with not much to show but stunted emotional growth. Jesus, some of my friends even became coke heads and became real assholes. At that point I just became angry, both at them and then at myself. I may have only been a pothead, but in grand scheme of things we were all being complete idiots and pissing away our lives to get high on our chosen vices. I'd been working on quitting for years and thought at some point I'd have to get out of dodge if I ever really wanted to be free. This is eventually what happened. Last year my husband and I moved out of the country due to a serious illness in his family. In leaving the US, we left our habit and all of our friends with their own bad habits behind. It's been 10 months since either of us smoked or anything else. I feel thankful to be away from the habit and the former friends... it's as if we've gotten a second chance at life.

So here am in my early 30s, starting a new phase of my life. I suppose I'm doing the master cleanse to finish what I started 3 years ago, trying to get both my weight and my life under control. My husband is getting his shit together as well... after losing his mom recently he's looking at life very differently. We're both ready to grow up and face life head on, without relying on drugs and drinking as a crutch. It'll take some time but the journey is worth it, even with all of the ups and downs. We're slowly building a new network of friends, enjoying a great apartment in the heart of Dublin, Ireland, and recently decided to start our own company. With all of the exciting changes comes a bit of fear, so I am taking this time to fast and contemplate all that's happening. So there IS a meditative side to this cleanse for me and I'm grateful for the chance to focus on the shift.

Anyone else out there with a not-so-clean past? I figure there must be, as a fast is something that I suppose appeals to us that have experienced some of the extremes in life. If so I hope this fast is helping you in your journey of change. Peace and good luck to all of you. :-)

Post subject: Re: Drug abuse and change...
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:37 am 

I was also what you could call a "total stoner" before the cleanse. I decided that I wanted my cleanse to be a completely smoke-free experience (especially because I definitely would have gotten the munchies and failed by day 2) to fully cleanse my system and have as little toxins in me as possible. I mean, I know that relatively speaking pot is the safest drug you could ever take, but I wanted to experience the clarity of mind that I read so much about in Master Cleanse articles online.

Anyway, I didn't remember the last time I hadn't smoked for 24 hours until Day 1 of the cleanse, and believe me, that was the scariest part about the cleanse for me!! Not eating didn't seem like a problem, but not smoking sounded absolutely terrifying. I like to think that most of the time I just smoke to enhance experiences, but I also smoke to help with my anxiety and stress, which is definitely not very healthy. I mean, who wants to admit to self-medicating?

But you can definitely do it! I am on Day 4 and I'm feeling great! I haven't had this much energy in I don't know how long. I only had a slight anxiety attack last night, but after a little while and watching Matilda with my boy, I felt much better. Use the cleanse as your excuse to stop smoking for a little while, just to show yourself that you CAN do it :)

Besides, how awesome will that first smoke be AFTER the cleanse? You'll be like a virgin!

:D gointoreseda

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:48 pm 

wow you ladies are inspiring...YOU CAN DO IT!!! Im sending you both all the good vibes I can muster....I have been cleansing for 2 years every 4 months and I can tell you that it will change your life for the better...just think about one day at a time and dont put too much pressure on yourself....literally ONLY worry about one single day at a time and you will be shocked at what you will accomplish

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:48 pm 

I had a pretty nasty past with drugs myself, but it included more than just weed. Anything you can think of that isn't made of battery acid and not injected via needle I have done. Needless to say, I cleansed, got pregnant, and have never done anything again. The only thing that I can't kick is smoking cigarettes. I didn't smoke at all when I was pregnant, but as soon as I had the baby, stopped breastfeeding, and went through my first cleanse, I felt like I couldn't get enough. :(

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:58 pm 

wow. good job for deciding to quit smoking that stuff! Wish you all success. I am positive you can do it with master cleanse.
I have never done any drugs except i got drunk couple of times as a teenager and smoked cigarettes couple of times...usually when drunk...lol. I so have no clue of the drug world but i can imagine kicking the habit must be very very hard.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:55 am 

You should have no problem. Marijuana is not addictive, but it's the habit you must break. For me, too much of everything is my problem... It doesn't really matter what it is- food, alcohol, or marijuana- the cleanse will stop you and leave you feeling like you are ok without it, at least it did for me. It's after the cleanse that I must really focus on. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:16 pm 

I am giving up opiates and tobacco as of today. It never occurred to me to abstain from marijuana. Of course, I've never been the unproductive "stoner" type.

Along with the welbutrin, I think the bud will be vital to my success.15 years of opiate abuse is serious business. I think the contemplative qualities of marijuana are going to come in handy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:15 pm 

Be careful, you can trade one for the other and if you have an addictive personality, that can happen..........and marijuana is addictive.......I mean the stuff we had 30 years ago wasn't, but the stuff that is out there now...WOW! One toke and you are high.......anything that takes you up that fast has to be addictive. I went on a Marijuana binge for about 3 years.......don't know how I stopped........just woke up one day and said I couldn't do this anymore......It wasn't easy...I had a hard time sleeping for about a month.........
I've been off the stuff for about 4 years now......and I've done a MC every year for the past three...this year I did 2 (3 1/2 months apart). I'm on Day 10 now.......doing good....I am really starting to see and feel the changes......my mind is much clearer and I can really see my body changing....my face looks younger too.
Karen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:48 pm 

I have a problem with Mary Jane also, Is it really bad if I don't quit?
I had a really bad drug habit 2 yrs ago now I only smoke pot.
I calms me my mind works over time and not with good thoughts lol :evil:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:54 am 

Interesting thread. I have done the MC before a few times, over the years, but my smoking addiction has always returned (with my choice apparently:D). And a good joint just keeps me feeling hippy enough to enjoy many moments of most days.

Enough though - I am starting my fast tomorrow, mainly to break my habit.

Thanks for the sharing - it is helping me prepare :)