[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Beginning a Green Smoothie Cleanse for Healing & Weight loss

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Beginning a Green Smoothie Cleanse for Healing & Weight loss
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:49 pm 

Hi, everyone,

I was posting in the Master Cleanse section, but I found this forum today, and decided that it was better to post here. I was planning on doing a water fast because I have yeast issues, along with unstable blood sugar, and so I don't think it would be a good idea to do the master cleanse. I have since changed my mind, too, about the water fast. It's just too harsh, especially when my body is short on good vitamins and nutrients, due to my terrible SAD eating habits. My plan is to do a Green smoothie cleanse. I bought a book called Green Smoothie Revolution, by Victoria Boutenko. She and her family have been raw foodists for over thirteen years now, if I remember right, and eating that way has cured all of them of diseases. Their story is very interesting. Anyway, after reading it, I got really pumped to try it out and see for myself if it will work a healing in the areas that I am suffering. The book talks about a man and woman who were both overweight and they took the Green Smoothie Challenge (there were many others who participated, of course, but there are two that the book focuses on). Anyway, they both drank green smoothies 4-5 times a day, and if they had anything else to eat, it was just a piece of fruit or a raw veggie. The majority of their nourishment came from the green smoothies. The man cured himself of diabetes, heart and liver problems, back pain, bad eyesight, and who knows what else, and they both lost a huge amount of weight in a short time. The woman lost 125 pounds in 25 weeks-that's 20 pounds a month, and the man (who weighed 400 pounds at the start) lost 102 pounds in 14 weeks. He went on to lose a total 164 pounds in 28 weeks! Their stories are just amazing, and the information in the book is something that I really needed to know. I am so pumped now to try the Green Smoothie Challenge for myself. I have 55-60 pounds to lose, and I am committing to a 12 week Green Smoothie Cleanse. When I am done, I will continue to eat mainly raw foods. I do plan on adding in good fats and protein now and then, from a raw food source. I will be keeping a journal here on this thread just to keep myself motivated and accountable. I plan to weigh myself weekly, and I will post daily what I've eaten in the way of smoothies, and any raw snacks that I might consume. I will put my starting measurements and my weight tomorrow morning, and then I will post them weekly thereafter. I am so excited to be doing this, and if there's anyone else who wants to join me, please let me know, and we can keep each other motivated. All you need are lots of fruits and veggies and a good blender.

P.S. I will be drinking at least 60 ounces of pure water daily, and I will also be adding wheatgrass to my smoothies each day. I will probably take a good vitamin/mineral supplement also.

Yay! I can't wait for tomorrow to begin. There will be a whole new me in just 12 weeks. I can't wait to see the results.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com -

Post subject: Re: Beginning a Green Smoothie Cleanse for Healing & Weight
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 am 

So... how is it going? I'm interested to hear about your progress.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:52 pm 

Hi, dyralston,

Sorry about the no posts for so long. My computer was attacked by a virus that completely took over everything. It wiiped out the system, and my hubby had to go out and buy a new hard drive. He was out of state for three days, so the problem didn't get taken care of right away. We're still trying to get everything back up and running correctly. What an absolute nightmare!!!!

I have been doing the smoothies, but I actually haven't completely incorporated everything into my daily routine yet. I am hoping to start that tomorrow. I finally came up with a plan that I hope is doable. BTW, the smoothies are delicious. I have been experimenting with different fruits and greens, and I've also noticed a change in my energy levels. I feel so much more alive when I'm having the smoothies at least twice a day.

I've been weaning myself off the processed and cooked foods, and I think I'm ready to start my raw food plan completely. My plan is to begin tomorrow and see how well I do. I've kept the calories purposely low, in order to help me lose weight, and I am sticking with smoothies and raw foods to help with the detox that I want to experience.

Anyway, the following is what my program will look like basically from day to day, beginning tomorrow.

One hour before breakfast: One adreno capsule, and one endura capsule.

15 minutes before breakfast: Total body detox spray.

Breakfast: one green smoothie with one teaspoon of fish oil and one teaspoon of wheatgrass mixed in.

Mid-morning snack: carrots, celery, tomatoes, or one piece of fruit.

15 minutes before lunch: One digestive enzyme.

Lunch: One big bowl of mixed green salad with tuna, chicken, or salmon, or one big bowl of vegetable soup. One probiotic capsule.

Snack: Carrots, celery, tomatoes, avocado, or 1/4 cup of almonds, sunflowers, or walnuts.

15 minutes before dinner: One digestive enzyme.

Dinner: Same as lunch.

Evening snack: Green smoothie with 1 teaspoon fish oil and 1 teaspoon wheatgrass.

Drink at least 60 ounces of water through-out the day.

Use Total body detox spray every three hours, and use adreno and endura capsules before breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily.

I am planning on doing 15 minutes of strength training, and 45 minutes of walking five days a week.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:11 am 

would love to hear how your green smoothie cleanse last Summer went? I'm in my sixties, have fasted often, but hadn't heard of the specific book/plan you posted about?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:03 am 

Wow. I sounds like you really have been pushing yourself and setting goals that you are able to achieve! How is the smoothie thing? I have just completed my first five days of the master cleanse and although it has been really tough, I am starting to feel amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:22 pm 

My apologies for my disappearance for so long. Things have been extremely hectic around here, and although I have continued trying to eat healthier, including my green smoothies, I have slipped back into allowing too many unhealthy foods back into my diet. Needless to say, it has not had a positive effect on my health or my weight. I have not given up, though, and I have continued my relentless research into healthier eating. I am convinced that the answer does lie in including more "green" foods in our diets. This is accomplished in the easiest and most efficient manner by the green smoothies that I've mentioned. Therefore, I have decided to get back on track with an end-of-the-year green smoothie challenge for myself. I have started my own blog and for anyone who may be interested in reading it, I will post a link here.

Bearspirit-Congrats on your fasting! That's an excellent way to cleanse the body. The book that I spoke of is called The Green Smoothie Revolution, and it's an amazing account of the benefits of incorporating green smoothies into our daily eating. I have personally experienced the extra energy and feeling of well-being that these drinks give a body. That's why I'm convinced it's the way to go.

jounderw-Congratulations on your master cleanse! I did that particular cleanse for eight days a year ago, and experienced wonderful results. The only problem was that I did not know to begin taking probiotics immediately after the cleanse, and therefore, ended up with a terrible yeast overgrowth/infection that I am still in the process of getting rid of. It's better now, but I've a ways to go before I get it completely out of my system. The green smoothie challenge will help tremendously with this.

Thanks for the inquiries, and I hope you'll stop by my blog. I plan on updating it daily to keep track of how I am feeling/doing. Things have quieted down quite a bit in my personal life, so that will allow me more time to write and communicate.

Best wishes to all!

http://www.thoughts.com/greengirl2011

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:59 pm 

If you don't already have it in your library, I highly recommend you get Norman Walker's juicing book ... long before "smoothies", he pioneered juice "fasting" geared to replacing the nutrients the body is "craving" (i.e. especially minerals) or by the symptoms we each create that shows us where our imbalance or dis-ease is. The cleanse I did, along with the Master Cleanse, was from this woman's work (www.violetwaters.com), who believes the only way to create a deep & lasting change is to change the body's chemistry to its highest state of receptivity. I must say, since completing the 6 days I chose to stay on the two of these together following Anara's directions, it has been remarkably easier to maintain healthy and balanced dietary choices & all bodily systems seem to be working much better. Best of luck, thanks for your post!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:13 am 

Bearspirit,

Thanks for the additional information. I have read books on juice fasting, but it is just so time-consuming and expensive. That's why I am thrilled to find out about green smoothies. The good thing about smoothies, too, is that you're able to keep all the good fiber from the greens, and your body absorbs the nutrients, vitamins, and minerals a lot easier than just by juicing alone. The book that I've been reading by Victoria Boutenko does a great job explaining all this. It's very insightful.

I love making up the green smoothies, because all I need is a blender and it blends up about 2 quarts in just a matter of minutes. I just throw the greens and fruits of my choice in, and I'm done.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:30 pm 

Hi admin. Sorry for late posting. Still I would like to show m gratitude after reading your inspiring forum post. I am about to start with and was worried about managing without fast food. Your post has inspired me a lot.