[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Dairy and Cooked Veggie?

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Dairy and Cooked Veggie?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:25 am 

I meant two more days left!
Can't wait until I eat some veggies! :)

But I had few questions.

Dairy Product

-Stanley Burroughs says drinking milk is bad for your digestive system.
Is Soy milk okay? Is Soy Milk considered Dairy?? What other alternative are there??

-Are plain yogurt bad for your digestive system too? The plain low fat yogurt kind.

Veggie:
I plan to eat one week of raw food and had questions about olive oil and cooking.

-Can you cook tofu with olive oil? Or is it strictly raw?

-Curry is made up of spices right? Says on the book like on the third day, you can put in some curry with the vegetable soup, so is that okay? [curry is so delicious]

[I know that cooking carrots in olive oil activates the other nutrients that are very good for the eyes, can't remember what it was called, and also it is safer to eat broccoli when you have boiled in hot water for a bit, because since broccoli's have so many "tiny" leafy things, it is very hard to get rid of the small insects inside...

so with this in mind, cooking veggies does not seem so bad at all? I have a recent nutrition book I bought for a class and it tells which veggies can be cooked without loosing any nutrients....]

If you guys are interested I can post it up.

Sorry for all the questions! ><

http://www.aphrilis.com

Last edited by Jihyun on Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:50 am 

Congratulations on your third day! Hey there, this section is still new and I think there is some confusion as to how it's going to work. I was a vegetarian & cooked vegan for 20 years and started eating raw foods 1 year ago.

Hope I can answer your questions about preparing cooked food, although I don't eat it anymore.

Dairy Product

-Stanley Burroughs says drinking milk is bad for your digestive system.
Is Soy milk okay? Is Soy Milk considered Dairy?? What other alternative are there??

Raw foodists do not consume soy products and it's not considered raw. I drank soymilk for years when I was a vegetarian & cooked vegan but I no longer consume it. I feel a huge difference as a result. Soy is processed and may have adverse effects on organs, bodily functions over time. I'm deliberately not being specific because I can't remember everything about this. If you google, you can find more info about it. Or if I remember, I'll post later.

Alternatives are nut & seed milks: almond, sunflower, hempseed milk. hempseed is rich in omega 3's & 6's. almond milk tastes really good and it's good for you.

-Are plain yogurt bad for your digestive system too? The plain low fat yogurt kind.

I don't know if plain yogurt is bad for the digestive system specifically. When was the last time you saw a human baby suckling next to a calf (on the tit of a female cow)? Human breast milk is more closely linked to the human body, not cow milk. My personal opinion and from my research and consuming raw foods foods is all dairy products were not meant for human consumption and cause an acidic body which is a breeding ground for disease. This includes anything made from cow's milk. Dairy products also cause an overproduction of mucus in the body.

An alternative is to use probiotics and eat a diet plentiful in fiber rich, whole foods. Sauerkrat, papaya, ginger root, apples etc are all great for the digestive system. If you need to drink diary, goat or raw milk is preferable to pastuerized cow's milk.

Veggie:
I plan to eat one week of raw food and had questions about olive oil and cooking. (You are not eating raw if you're cooking it!)

-Can you cook tofu with olive oil? Or is it strictly raw? You can cook tofu with olive oil. It is not raw if you cook tofu or the olive oil. And again tofu is made with soy and is not considered raw.

-Curry is made up of spices right? Says on the book like on the third day, you can put in some curry with the vegetable soup, so is that okay? [curry is so delicious] Curry is a spice. I use it in raw food cuisine...don't see why you can't use it in vegetable soup as well.

[I know that cooking carrots in olive oil activates the other nutrients that are very good for the eyes, can't remember what it was called, and also it is safer to eat broccoli when you have boiled in hot water for a bit, because since broccoli's have so many "tiny" leafy things, it is very hard to get rid of the small insects inside... Cooking carrots robs the vegetable of nutrients, period. It would be better to eat them raw in my opinion.

so with this in mind, cooking veggies does not seem so bad at all? I have a recent nutrition book I bought for a class and it tells which veggies can be cooked without loosing any nutrients....]

Cooking vegetables is not "bad". Nor is eating raw foods "good". It's a personal lifestyle choice how anyone chooses to eat. However, in my personal experience you experience greater vibrancy and greater absorbtion of nutrients in the cells of the body when you consume raw foods. Also raw foods digest themselves, so you have more energy in the body which would've been dedicated to digesting the cooked or processed food. Your body now uses this energy in other ways.
There are many foods the human body does not recognize which makes it harder for it to digest them. When you eat raw foods, you experience better digestion.

Last edited by GoddessCrystal on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:12 am 

I would ask if everyone could please refrain from referring to cooked food recipes and cooked food in general if you can in this section. Raw food = no cooked food and eating whole living foods that are alive. To the raw foodist, cooked food is dead and depleted of energy. You can still eat it of course, I did for years but it is believed you are robbing yourself of valuable nutrients by destroying the natural chemical balance of foods. I don't want to get into a debate about this and the creation of fire and all of that. There is more to it than what I've shared...just explaining briefly. Raw is not about any kind of prepared or cooked vegetable; it's about raw foods which include raw, uncooked, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, unprocessed, unpastuerized foods, no diary products etc and other raw foods to clarify.

This is the raw food section, pretty much dedicated to anyone who is interested in incorporating more raw foods in their diet. If we keep starting threads about cooked vegetables and everything, it will take over eventually and defeat the purpose of this section. I don't know if this is possible and have no control over what anyone posts nor do I want to -- I simply ask as a courtesy. Perhaps another section can be created dedicated to all other dietary questions.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Edit: I realize a lot of people are still learning about raw foods and don't know too much about it and are interested in exploring. This section offers a place where you can ask qustions, which sometimes may include cooked food references. So I will lighten up and trust it will go in whatever direction it is supposed to go. Those who are dedicated to learning about raw foods will. If you'd like to learn much more about the raw food lifestyle, please read the Raw food Lifestyle Thread above for further information and references to books, videos, etc. There is also a great section which includes the transformation photos of those who began eating raw foods.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Peace,

Crystal

Last edited by GoddessCrystal on Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:39 am 

[/url]

www.cyndeeleerule.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:56 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:26 am 

Mr. Flibble is VERY cross!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:35 am 

[/url]

www.cyndeeleerule.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:38 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:04 am 

Mr. Flibble is VERY cross!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:53 pm 

There are some big studies out there that show that soy is BAD for our bodies. It is estrogenic and toxic to our bodies...especially at the high levels that American and Australian people eat it...vegetarian, vegan in particular. The information I read compared it with soy consumption in Asian countries and they would consume less than half the quantity we do. They do not add it to every processed food, breads for example, and they do not drink the soy milk and certainly DO NOT feed it to their babies!!!! It is shocking when you read about the effects. Check it out...it's too alarming not to mention this.

Also, with regard to dairy, I have recently become converted to REAL MILK. That means non-pasturised, non-homogenised. This applies to all dairy products. I personally have no desire to consume ANY dairy, but my daughter and husband do, so this is for them. My son is allergic to it...as he is to soy, so that is easy (and wonder why he's allergic to these ??? Can only speculate here). Read up about it. Dairy as it is currently sold, although containing high levels of calcium, is one of the biggest reasons we get osteoperosis. Dairy INHIBITS the bodies ability to absorb calcium from the dairy and any other source. BAD STUFF! I figure getting as much back to nature is sure to be best. I look at in the traditional sense. Back in the days we did not have massive dairy farms pumping out milk so we can have it on our cereal, with our coffee, snack drinks, lunches and again for our dinners! That's overconsumption and bad. I would imagine if you were lucky enough to own a cow, or have a neighbour of relative who did, you'd get the odd jug here and there and all relish it as a treat! That in my opinion is how we should consume these things..if at all! As I mentioned, I am not interested AT ALL in consuming it myself, I agree with the raw foodist thought that it's meant for a baby cow! :)

I have noticed that in my last month of being raw, cooked food seems zapped of any life! It doesn't taste as good, doesn't have that vitality to it. It's not more expensive, in fact cheaper but I do find with all the juicing I am down to the store many times a week! I need my fruit and veg fresh and so find I am often running out! I suppose I need to get a system going. My biggest trouble is finding organic. It certainly keeps my diet simple, as there isn't alot in season here...mainly apples, potato, sweet potato, brocolli, carrots! I have to buy lettuce, mushrooms, sprouts etc all from the grocery store...not organic! I'm not keen on any of the stuff that isn't organic...just the thought of what I'm putting into mybody! Yuk!

Deb
x

1st cleanse - 21days in April 08

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:13 pm 

This forum helps us to give the information about the Master Cleanser like how the supporting us, its success stories and so many. Thanking you for sharing these information's with us.
====================
rosesmith