[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Raw Food Photos

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Raw Food Photos
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:47 pm 

As you're beginning to prepare raw foods, please feel free to share photos of your own creations. This thread will be a great inspiration and motivator for others to try and experience Raw Foods. :D

Just sharing photos of these wonderful raw foods. I slightly altered the recipes for the pies. The possibilities are endless!

Mung Bean/Alfalfa Sprout Salad

I sprouted the beans & seeds myself (it's easy!)

Alfalfa sprouts....that little jar of seeds, yielded a huge amount of sprouts. a little goes a long way with alfalfa seeds, so be careful.

Mung Bean Sprouts

Orange Mango Smoothie (my goodness this was good!)

Masala Chai (Raw Cacao Shake) Great Coffee Substitute!
Hempseed milk, cacao powder, ginger root, dates - excellent!

Kiwi/Goji Berry/Coconut Pie (one of my best pies)
cashew/almond crust...very easy to make

RAW CHOCOLATE PIE!

Flaxseed Crackers (great with raw guacamole or other dips...wonderful transition food and good for you!)

Last edited by GoddessCrystal on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:32 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: Raw Restaurant Food Photos
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:59 pm 

If you're ever in Southern California, please do yourself a favor and check out these restaurants! The food is great.

Raw Nachos from Juliano's in Santa Monica
(The best nachos I ever had - everything is raw)

Raw Mushroom Burger and Raw Cacao Shake from RAWvolution in Santa Monica (I can't remember the exact name of the entree or drink - but they were soooo goood!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:55 pm 

1st cleanse - 21days in April 08

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:52 am 

breakfast I had two days ago

breakfast yesterday

brownie crust I made yesterday! YUM!

Your mung bean salads look so good!

I am soaking my flax seed at this moment and intend to just dehydrate it alone!

I wish I had taken a picture of my blueberry dream cake! It was so beautifully made...sniff..:(

http://www.aphrilis.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:00 am 

This is a great idea. I'll have to start posting mine when I get off of the cleanse. I gotta start the cleanse first though. :shock:

Post subject: Sprouting
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:50 pm 

Hi,

I have had no luck when I try to sprout seeds. I've tried alfalfa and broccoli. I have these two big sprouting jars with screen tops and I followed the directions, but they didn't sprout.

Any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:23 am 

"red aprons, hot chocolate, and salad, ..im waiting!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:23 pm 

Hi cupcake, I will check to see if I have them in my word files. I'm so terrible about writing recipes down! I just prepare them as I go along. The chocolate pie recipe is modified from one I found in the I am Grateful recipe book. I don't feel right posting it, but if I locate it I'll PM you. Or you can pick up that book - highly recommend it.

Oh wait a minute! I actually I can give you the mango-orange shake. Easy. All you have to do is put oranges, mangoes and a few cubes of ice and about 1-2 cups of pure water in a high speed blender and wala you've got your smoothie.

and

Masala Chai

2 cups hempseed milk
4 inches of freshly cut ginger
3-4 medjool dates (pitted)
1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
put all ingredients in a blender

to make the hempseed milk, blend 2 cups water with 4 tbs of hemp seeds and strain to produce the milk

you can use a paint bag found in Lowe's or Home Depot or you can purchase a nut milk bag in your natural food store to do this

Best wishes to you...I haven't posted for awhile on this site...something told me to check in

Last edited by GoddessCrystal on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Sprouting
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:28 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:24 am 

thanks goddnesscrystal! good thing you checked it! this is great! i don't ever want to drink coffee again and maybe this will help after im done with this cleanse!

"red aprons, hot chocolate, and salad, ..im waiting!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:56 am 

Hey Rach,

I made a slight mistake with the Masala Chai measurements.

Make sure to add 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder to the blender wiith the other ingredients.

Actually you can measure it to taste, generally if you like dark chocolate use more cacao and milk chocolate use less. Be careful though and don't use too much, it's a very powerful stimulant but chockful of antioxidants! :D

The recipe for the chocolate pie is called I am Bliss and it's in Terces Engelhart's I Am Grateful raw uncook book. I don't feel comfortable posting it on line.

What I can share is you can make raw pie crusts really easily with nuts and a few other ingredients to taste. For example the kiwi pie I just made it up as I went along.

I used the following for the kiwi pie crust: 1/2 cup of cashews, 1 cup of almonds food processed to a smooth or gritty consistency depending on how you'd like your crusts. I think almonds make the best pie crusts - I love the flavor. Then I added a bit of agave nectar to get it sticky. I added a tsp of vanilla and a pinch of celtic sea salt to the batter. I shaped it into the pie crust by hand and put it in the fridge for a few minutes. Then I placed the kiwi slices on top, sprinkled with coconut flakes. You can actually just put everything on it at once and then set it in the the fridge for an hour or so. You can also add coconut oil and other things to your crusts depending on your personal taste.

I learned by researching raw recipes on-line and from all of the resource information that is listed in the Raw Food Lifestyle thread above ^.

Good luck and enjoy your Masala Chai! So excited you're trying more raw foods.

Blessings,
Crystal