[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - LEMONS AND THE TEETH

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: LEMONS AND THE TEETH
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:20 am 

JUST WONDERING I HEARD LEMONS EAT AWAY TOOTH ENAMAL. IS THIS TRUE?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:29 am 

I also read something like this. I think the problem with lemons is that they are full with acidity. If you drink lemon juice or simply bite into a lemon then you will recognize that the surface of the teeth is a bit rough. I googled this problem and the only advice I found was that you should not brush the teeth right after consuming lemons because then you will definitely ruin your enamel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:57 am 

That goes for any citrus fruits, Oranges, Grapefruits, etc.

You can use a straw if you want, that may help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:05 am 

and make sure you drink plenty of water after each glass of lemonade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:01 am 

Yeah that may help also, but make sure you are drinking more lemmonaid than water throughout the day, drinking water after the drink will cut down a little on the acidity, I sometimes swish water around in my mouth after each drink also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:28 am 

I drink all my lemonades through a straw now.

I noticed a big difference in the sensitivity of my teeth when I did my first cleanse and didn't use a straw.

Post subject: I've noticed a change in my teeth
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:19 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:11 am 

yeah, that's a good point. my teeth feel manky. i'm not sure if it's the lemon or the syrup though?

Post subject: Re: LEMONS AND THE TEETH
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:42 am 

I am currently on my 21st day of a 30 day MC. I have done it in the past for 21 days, and several other 10 day rounds over the last 8 years. I have always felt a bit worried about the lemons and my teeth, but this time I ran across a small sidenote in a book that was suggesting the MC as a body cleanse. It said that lemons only react badly with your tooth enamel if the water you use has minerals in it. By usidng distilled water, the acid in the lemon won't react the same and it will do no damage to your teeth. I had always used spring water in the past, but switched to distilled this time, and I feel a difference. They don't feel "stripped" and "built up" all at once (for lack of better terms) this time. Now I didnt have a dentist examine me and make assessments, just my findings. Definately seems different to me this time though.. so in my book it's worth a try! I know I will never use anything but distilled for the MC again! :D

Best wishes to all!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:02 pm 

Interesting info, 30days. Thanks for sharing.

Post subject: Use Pronamel from Sensodyne
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:48 am 

Pronamel tooth paste will keep your enamel from damage on MC. First rinse your mouth after the lemonade, then put some Pronamel on your finger and rub on your teeth and let sit for a few minutes, then brush. If you just brush without these steps you will rub the acid even deeper into your tooth enamel. You must rinse, rub some on with a gentle finger .... wait.... then brush.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:26 pm 

Did 40-day cleanse a few years ago with disasterous results to the teeth...even using a straw.

Just saw densist and received the following instructions:
[*] Us MC toothpaste from dental office both day and night. ($10 perscription, it builds the enamel, apply to dry teeth for 3-5 minutes)

[*]!!!!!!!!After drinking lemonade...mix 1 spoon of baking soda is water, swish and spit a few times. The baking soda is a "base" and will knock the acidity right out of your mouth.
Pronamel has definitely helped me recover from my last cleanse.

Hope this helps everyone. I can tell you that I would not be attempting another MC if I didn't have these tools to protect my teeth!

Also...if needed, an etching process can be done at the dental office followed by an application of the MC toothpaste.

I'm not thrilled about all the chemicals in the toothpastes....but I LOVE my smile and want to keep it!