Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Metabolism and Starvation mode
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:08 am 

I've done the master cleanse many times and I'm starting again today, this time with 21 days as my goal. Does the master cleanse slow down the metabolism going forward, and does the master cleanse throw your body into starvation mode, making future weight loss difficult?

My reasons for starting the MC diet is to reset my association with food and my guilty pleasures, rid my body of toxins, to feel optimal and yes, to loose weight. I am about 5 months postpartum, I have stopped breastfeeding for 2 months now and I really want to get back to my pre-baby healthy weight and lifestyle. I really did a number on myself during pregnancy and I cant seem to get my healthy lifestyle groove back. Im just a little worried that when I go off this cleanse that my body will struggle to shed weight when I return to a healthy diet and exercise. It seems the hormones and what not really took a number on my body because I'm really struggling to shed ANY baby weight.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Metabolism and Starvation mode
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:56 am 

I once did the cleanse for 18 days. I didn't notice a whole lot of difference, but then again I was fighting a brochial infection that I got in the middle of the cleanse also. So I drank more. I do not think the cleanse is going to make weight loss difficult in the future, what I think is that if you go back to eating the same way as you did before, then the weight will be put back on just as fast as you lost it. so eat right after you finish.

SWF - salt water flush
MC - Master Cleanse
MC - menstrual cycle

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have any diseases or are taking medication talk to your doctor.

If you do not have the book, buy it!