[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - 30 days, 20 pounds :)

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: 30 days, 20 pounds :)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:35 am 

Hi all! Over the last three years, I had gained about 60 pounds. I did the Atkins diet, found some success, but I wanted something more drastic. So I found the Master Cleanse. Last September I completed a 30 day Master Cleanse detox, and lost 20 pounds while on it. I will be honest, it was a TRYING experience. I had an addiction to sweets, and I am a foodie. I LOVE TO COOK. My sense of smell, particularly to food, definitely went through the roof. It was punishment lol. I would sit and watch the Food Network and fantasize about the meals. I found myself heading in the opposite direction when it was time for dinner, so I wouldn't be tempted by the smell. Overall, it was a journey. After the Master Cleanse, I had maintained the weight loss, after only regaining 6 pounds of water weight :) . Post cleanse, I continued on to lose another 28 pounds, through diet and lots of exercise. However, my addiction to sweats and carbs was virtually eliminated. My skin cleared up. I felt great! I had started another cleanse, hoping to ride this one out throughout the last of my weight loss journey.

For anyone who is just starting their cleanse, I definitely say go for it. It is soooooooooo worth it, you owe it to yourself! It is hard, but you have everyone on this forum, and people on YouTube that provide plenty of support. You can do it, from one H :) A :) P :) P :) Y Master Cleanser to another :P

[/url]

Post subject: Re: 30 days, 20 pounds :)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 am 

Hi Claire,

Thanks so much for your message. I am starting today on a 10 day cleanse (longer if I can do it) to separate myself from the bad eating habits I have developed over the past year. I have done the cleanse a handful of times and find that once I get past day 3, I feel great and enjoy not having the distraction of mindless eating. Where I run into trouble is after a few weeks, I SLOWLY start incorporating the trigger foods that make me crave more and soon I am back where I started! I really do try, but obviously it has to be more of a drastic life change. I am 5'2 and have gone from 115 to nearly 140. I am committed to this time being the charm! Last night my husband was going to the store and I said, "Can you get me some limes?" (I use limes instead of lemons) He gave me a look and said, "Are you doing that again?!!" I am determined this time. Wish me luck!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:18 pm 

Hi phylken, I love spreading motivation :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Well, to be honest the Master Cleanse is 90% mental. It seems like you gradually indulge, and then just give in. You know, you can continue on it if you eat one thing. But it depends what it is. Can I ask, what are those trigger foods that you crave? The great thing about the master cleanse, is honestly, if you stick to to it, it will erase those cravings for certain foods in the long run :D . Sometimes when I get cravings during the cleanse, I will take some organic chicken broth, lemon juice, and some pepper and warm water, (uh yea, I like lemon chicken lol), and pretend I am eating soup. The warm liquid normally fills me up so much that I forget about the food. You might find a way to distract yourself. You can also:

Take a nap when feeling cravings,
Drink some water,
Warm senna tea,
I do not recommend this, but if you are craving noodles, candy, or something, AND you HONESTLY CANNOT do it, chew the food, AND SPIT IT OUT, lol
Give yourself an incentive for every couple of days you make it w/o cheating,
Look at weight loss before after pics/ videos on the internet to distract & motivate yourself,
Weigh yourself (keep a journal of weight loss for motivation),
Write a journal entry,
Make a weight loss collage,
Go for a walk,
Wait ten minutes, cravings usually disappear after ten minutes, or
Tell your husband to distract you :) lol

And lol at your hubby rolling his eyes. Well hey, girl be proud of yourself, you are making a HUGE effort at changing your life right now. But we're all human, sometimes it's hard. And some people can't forego food for 1 day. You can do it for SEVERAL DAYS. That takes strength. Pssh if he rolls his eyes, I bet he won't do that once you've achieved those goals.

Keep pushing hun, you got this!

[/url]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:51 pm 

Hi Claire,

Thanks for all your tips. My trigger foods are salty things like pita chips, cheeses, pizza, etc. I may not have been clear in my post, but I will do great during the cleanse, get to day 12 and even for the first few weeks afterwards, be staying within limits. Then around a month out, I may go to the movies and HAVE to get the popcorn. Then feeling guilty I will run 4 miles and this mind game starts where I nibble at something (like crackers and cheese) and then skip dinner (feeling guilty) and this crazy cycle starts where I barter with myself. It doesn't help that with age (44) my metabolism has slowed to a crawl, and with 9 year old twins, I am serving alot of peanut butter, etc. LOL

Truly, like you said this is a life change for the long haul-that means getting through those craving moments that do eventually pass. I think I have to realize that the whole "Bet you can't have just one" defintely applies to me!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 am 

Not a problem, I hope it helps :mrgreen: . By chance, do you think you might have insulin sensitivity? I have that, and that's where I get my cravings for breads, white rice, pizza, and cakes and cookies from. But anyway, in regards to the movies, my dear it hurts, but you will have to avoid social gatherings that make you tempted to cheat lol. Or maybe carry a ridiculous amount of master cleanse in a jug and drink until you are full when you are out. When my family cooks dinner, and I feel I can't avoid the temptation, I leave the room, lol. And you have the energy to run 4 miles while on the Master Cleanse? That's remarkable! I would die, I wouldn't have the energy to do so. Kudos to you!

[/url]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:51 pm 

Hi Claire...all of the food issues I mentioned are post-cleanse...including the running!! I have only done 10 day cleanses and I manage pretty well during them. It is afterwards (like for most) that I run into trouble.

I will look at the insulin sensitivity issue..thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:06 am 

It is hard to maintain :) But I think that you can do it :) Mind over matter :) I know that after this cleanse that I am on now, I want to move into maintenance. I will be the healthiest I have ever been in my life. I will cleanse every three months, exercise, and eat a healthier, virtually sugar and flour free diet. I'm even planning out recipes that I will use now. I do like cheese, but I can only have a small amount. I worked really hard to lose all this weight, and I wouldn't want to ever NEVER get back to where I was. EVER. I owe it to myself. You owe to it yourself too :) Good luck on your journey! :mrgreen:

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:48 am 

Thanks Claire! Yes, sugar free and flour free are my goals as well. I appreciate your inspiration! We do owe it to ourselves!
The crazy thing is I can do this in other areas of my life...I have been sober for almost 19 years through AA, but NOW finally I have to look at my food issues and apply the same principles that work so well...a day at a time.

All the best on your journey too!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 am 

19 years, YOU are the inspiration here phylken :mrgreen: Looking forward to your updates! :D One day at a time <3

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:54 am 

200 lbs to 130 pounds :)

Attachments:
Weight loss.jpg
Weight loss.jpg [ 88.83 KiB | Viewed 24779 times ]

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:33 am 

My abs saying goodbye to my fat pants!

Attachments:
tummy.jpg
tummy.jpg [ 6.9 KiB | Viewed 24777 times ]

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:47 am 

Hey guys,

So just writing to let you guys know it IS possible. It's been a year, and I am still maintaining my weight loss. I feel fabulous! I eat Paleo to maintain, and cleanse every three months. It can be done :)

Still replacing all my clothes though, lol!

[/url]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:11 am 

you are such an inspiration
You look fantastic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:43 am 

Thanks Reena :-) We can all do it!
Day one of Spring cleanse :-)

[/url]