[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Journal: Cleansing in Asia

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Journal: Cleansing in Asia
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:05 am 

148 lbs, 5'5 1/2"

Day 1 SWF, 9.5 glasses L; Yogi Get Regular at 6:30 pm jet lag
Day 2 woke up feeling fine; salt water; 10 glasses L; kidney pain during day; face loses puffiness; feel bloated; no hunger
Day 3 broken sleep; salt water; 12 glasses L; some lightheadedness; still bloated; kidney pn in evening drank most of my Yogi tea
Day 4 sleep not great; salt water; 11 glasses L; finally more energy! Jet lag over. seeing my 6 pack but under newly visible cellulite. Thinking about munching. Yogi tea
Day 5 crappy sleep; salt water; right knee pain from walking so drank calcium/magnesium in a.m.;energized 11 glasses L; bloated at night
Day 6 OK sleep; salt water; knee hurts (missing my MSM); 10 1/2 glasses L; muffin top gone; Yogi tea and CalMag at bedtime
Day 7 good sleep; salt water; knee good;10 1/2 glasses L; food smelled amazing but not a temptation; breasts lighter on top; weighed in at 143 lbs! CalMag at night, also Yogi tea

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Journal: Cleansing in Asia
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:59 pm 

Day 8 slept OK, salt water, 12.5 glasses L, still no hunger but REALLY wanted solid food for 1st time, high energy, rt knee pn from walking, so Cal/Mag at bedtime again, no Yogi tea. Magnesium laxative effect
Day 9 slept well, nearly 7 hours, body feeling tight, less flabby. Back flab disappearing. Minor right kidney pn, disappeared with the salt water.
Taking care of sick grandson all day, I lost track of time. I had a couple of bouts of my first real hunger during the cleanse. Then realized that I'd not allowed myself a drink of the L for virtually 3 hours. This breaks a cardinal rule of Peter Glickman's: do not allow yourself to become hungry. Checked my weight because my jeans are already very loose. Still weighing 143 lbs. 12.5 glasses L total for the day. Yogi tea late at night.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:25 pm 

Day 10: Okay sleep, salt water, back flab is lessened. Intend to make this my last day and do OJ tomorrow. Have to fly from HK to Bali on Thursday so will make that a second day of OJ and try to get a veggie broth in Singapore airport.

Decided not to buy & open yet another bottle of grade B MS this close to end of MC (HKD195 per bottle/USD 28)! Consequently slightly hungry at end of evening. Total 10 glasses L.

Thnking a lot about how to change my diet. I was OD'ing on nuts and oils before (granted it was EVOO and good, raw nuts, but even these can make a person fat). Back in Bali, it's easy to just eat fish and veggies and fruit. Will avoid rice, bread and desserts. My cook makes good veg soups. Thank goodness my toast addicted husband won't be home until late May, so it will be easy for me to stay disciplined. My fighting weight is 123 and I'd love to get back to that. 20 lbs to go, but I think I can do it.

Bringing one bottle of Grade B Maple Syrup with me, so i can do a mini cleanse again if need be before I have chance to go back to civilization (HK health food stores have it, but can't find it in Indonesia).

Ended with small glass of calcium magnesium. No knee pain from all the walking since I've been regular with the Cal Mag.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:16 pm 

Day 11 OK sleep, throat a little sore (hope I'm not picking up grandson's virus) but feeling slim and unclogged. Lost weird chest flab atop pecs.
Transitioning off the cleanse:
In morning Juiced and drank slowly 3 oranges.
later, juiced & diluted 2 oranges. 10:00 juiced 1. Drinking slowly and I am a bit hungry without the maple syrup. Urination markedly worse smelling. weighed in at 140.8 lbs in the mid-morning.
Juiced an orange at 11.
Drank 8 oz of store-bought fresh squeezed, diluted with H2O at home.
Juiced 4 oranges at 1:00

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:33 pm 

Some thoughts on this cleanse.

What it has done for me:
1. reduce flabbiness really fast (I still have areas of padding to scale down, but I've lost two significant jiggle zones)
2. made my system feel really clean (hard to describe, but I would say it's a pleasant emptiness, like going from a hardcore hoarder's house to a nice breezy, open apartment)
3. Given me energy, even in the early afternoon
4. Reduced facial puffiness, complexion brighter
5. Made me aware of how I was taxing my system by overeating.
6. Made me think positively about going back to a better diet (no red meats, frequent lighter meals, more raw food, less oils, get more interesting with seasonings for flavor). I want to try smaller portions for sure, and I think I can get my Balinese cook on board with this, esp because my husband will be away. I had already quit sugar and chocolate (was serious chocoholic) in December, so I was partway there, but I still ate steaks and massive amounts of anything on my plate. Now I have more interest in designing all meals in a healthy manner. Can hardly wait to hit Ubud's Clear Cafe, one of my favorite restaurants in the world, and hands-down the best raw food menu ever.

As someone who needs to lose 20 lbs, and who has been on diets in the past, this is the first time I've wanted to STAY on a reduced calorie regimen and really really liked it. The greatest thing about starting a reducing program with the MC is that I have seen my body change very markedly. It puts the hope factor in place... like I am seeing results so soon and know where I'm going. When I've been on some ghastly low calorie diet and I see myself plateau, it is as discouraging as can be and it prompts me to cheat or quit. MC is a radical and undeniable validation of my efforts. Plan to get back onto daily exercise (stretching & swimming) as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 pm 

Day 12 second day post-Lemonade. Sound sleep even though I went to bed at midnight (packing packing packing)
Drank lots of OJ in morning (some pasteurized and some fresh squeezed by me). Some of it was real chugging because I was waiting for airport bus, which doesn't allow food. No ill effects. Stomach actually felt great all day, although no BMs ever.
In the Silver Kris lounge at the Chek Lap Kok airport, there was no OJ that didn't have sugar in it (Hong Kong may have been the first country to get high speed internet into residences, but they're still back in colonial times when it comes to their orange juice). So I just had some peppermint tea and my coffee holder filled with hot veggie bullion (sp?) I'd found in cube form at a HK health food store the day before. Ended up having 1 1/2 cubes worth more of this as the day wore on, in the airplanes.
special ordered Singapore Airlines' "soft liquid" meal but on the plane I was handed something I personally couldn't eat. There was a lovely big bowl of congee (no white rice allowed on this day), a creme brulee, and another big bowl of a very appetizing puree of fruit. I had a few bites and realized it must have mango in it. My favorite fruit until I realized several years ago that I am allergic to them. Those bites were divine, but I quit. Sure enough, day 13 I have a cold. (If anyone's transitioning off the cleanse and has to fly Singapore Air, this fruit puree's a great treat... just not for me). So I just asked for boiling water for my coffee thermos with the bullion cube in it and allowed myself a nibble or two from a rye & seeds pumpernickel slab I brought on board.
In the Kris Flyer lounge in Changi, I was able to get a glass of real orange juice. Looked with some amusement at guys fixing themselves scotches at the self serve bar... that would have been me. Also had a chamomile tea. On the plane, my soft liquids meal this leg of the journey was a small tub of the fruit puree (above), a raspberry gelatin dessert (sugar alert) and a large serving of cauliflower soup... several delicious bites into it, I realized it had milk in it... just way too creamy. Delish but I'm also allergic to milk. Herbal tea and water the rest of the journey.

Arrived really late at night and bought a bottle of water at a convenience store, drinking only about 8 or 9 oz as I drove myself home. Probably should have done more (airplanes so dry)

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:45 pm 

Day 13 transitioning
7 hours made this the cleanse's best sleep ever (I always sleep heaps in Bali due to total blackness at night), felt fine except for sore throat.
140 lbs today.
breakfast lemongrass infusion with a peppermint tea bag in it.
No food so had to drive to shop
late breakfast 1 small apple 1 salak (pithy tropical fruit with snakeskin covering, tastes like a nutty apple with a hint of decayed garbage smell)
drank 10 oz red rice water (byproduct of boiling Balinese organic red rice)
Lunch: soup (not all of Burroughs' ingredients are avail here) scant two cups of the pot of this:
2 small yellow onions
5 garlic cloves
(sauteed these in olive oil, so there is a bit of fat in the soup :oops: )
6 roma tomatoes
5 carrots
2 large beets
3 small green peppers
several leaves of amaranth greens
red rice
bay leaf
Portioned off about a quart of this to season separately with a touch of cumin and turmeric and ate from that.
It was all I could do to keep from wolfing it down, did chew it fairly well.
2:30 had another cup of the soup.
6 pm had about 3 cups of the soup, plus a 1 inch square of the rye pumpernickel. Caved to my salt craving and sprinkled into my bowl a bit of Himalayan sea salt. :mrgreen:
Some sense of longing for the lemonade! Such simplicity.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:32 am 

So now that I'm done with my giant pot of Master Cleanse transition soup and am a de facto vegetarian...

I've decided to go with Dr. Eric Berg's Liver Enhancement diet for the next 2 weeks.

I'm a classic Adrenal body type per his quiz on which body type are you, as published in his totally amazing. informative book The 7 Principles of Fat Burning, ISBN 978-1-888045-55-0. You can also google him... he's got a website that's loaded with instructional videos. drberg.com...

I pretty much started his diet today, although my dinner included some of the Master Cleanse transition soup, which has rice in it. (Grains forbidden for the 2 weeks of the Liver Enhancement). One drawback is the lack of unsweetened cranberry juice here in Bali. Dr Berg's cranberry drink mixture is a staple of this diet. Will have to make it up without that key ingredient. I'll call today Day One of the Liver Enhancement (since he allows caffeine addicts to ease off of that as they begin the diet) and I'll check in if there's an amazing change, progress-wise. I will follow the 2 week liver enhancement with the weight loss diet for those with taxed adrenal glands.

I'm trying to go to bed right now, but I gotta say I am loaded with energy after having a delicious raw food basil and cashew and garlic dip with crudites before my soup tonight. Will try to see the meteor shower. Might be too far in southern hemisphere.

I only add this news about Berg's Liver diet because I felt great after the Master Cleanse, looked so much better, and knew this could be the perfect start to a real weight loss program for me. I know some people do the MC for toxins, or for a non-optimum GI tract, or any other myriad reasons. But in my case, I was tired of overeating, didn't know how to stop, and the MC did it beautifully and virtually pain-and-stress-free. Unlike with demoralizing weight loss attempts in the past, I now know I can continue.

Weighed in at 137 today.

Last edited by Bali Lemon on Sat May 03, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 12:26 am 

Just checking in, to say that to cap the Master Cleanse with the Liver Enhancement Diet from Dr Eric Berg (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6bTwOo3H1A)
was perfection in my particular case. I have wanted to lose weight and I had no idea I could do it and never get hungry. I am healthier than I've been in a decade.
I have still been eating til I'm full every meal, get to have snacks like nuts and apples, and have no cravings and I've made it 128 lbs today. That's a loss of 20 lbs in one month exactly.
For anyone who loved the Master Cleanse for its no-hunger aspect, for its jumpstart to a life without junk, and who wants to get healthy for good, I recommend Eric Berg. Check out his many YouTube videos.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:03 am 

Ready to do it again!

Well, this time I am not in Hong Kong, but home in Indonesia. I stocked up on Maple Syrup over the year, and I have a nice lime tree bearing fruit organically outside the kitchen.

Also, I'm not doing it for weight loss this time, because after the Berg diets: Liver Enhancement and Adrenal diet, I have managed to hang onto my new weight of 55 kilos.

I want to do the cleanse for a couple of reasons. First, I want to make sure I don't have any current food addictions. This will be a system reset. I had some chocolate recently, drank quite a few cups of coffee since December, and have had a few alcoholic beverages since about November of last year.

Read Peter Glickman's The Master Cleanse Coach, which gave me a lot of really good pointers.

My last dinner was s delish beet and lettuce salad, a filet of fresh fish with herbal sauce, and a few steamed veggies, washed down with a mojito. Night snack of a fresh young coconut. I will miss those coconuts!!

Second reason: celebrating the Balinese holiday of Nyepi. Most Balinese fast for a day of community silence and inactivity. Even the airport here is shut down! Anyway, why not be on the MC for Nyepi, I say. Here goes the herbal tea and off to bed! May need some support this time because I'm not exactly ailing or overweight this time. But I'll post here.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:07 pm 

Awesome job with your previous Master Cleanse! Good luck on this one... I know how easy it is to get addicted to food/drink. I've had tons of coffee myself. Young coconuts are amazing, haven't had one in years and forgot all about them until this post. Anyway, probably shouldn't be saying that if you're starting a Master Cleanse again. I wish you lots of luck :)