[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Slow Start to a July Cleanse

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:52 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Slow Start to a July Cleanse
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:10 am 

I've been following others' journeys and success stories, and I was feeling rather alone in having a wretchedly slow start to my first cleanse. So, for others who might face similar challenges in the early days, here's my experience. I'm planning to continue for 15 days, easing out starting August 1.

Had a Smooth Move tea Saturday night before starting the cleanse on Sunday, July 17. I weigh myself first thing in the morning.

DAY 1: July 17
Starting weight: 225.8
Salt Water Flush: In the morning, 2 tsp sea salt in 32 oz warm H2O; results as expected
Lemonades: 6, using 60 oz H2O, 6 oz fresh lemon juice, 6 oz Maple syrup B, 1 tsp cayenne
Smooth Move: 1 cup before bed
I also drink a couple of cups of spearmint tea each day, and often a cup of green tea or yerba mate. I'm trying to drink at least 10 oz of plain water for each lemonade I drink.

DAY 2: July 18
Weight: 225.8 (no progress, disappointed!)
SWF: In the morning, same results
Lemondades: 6, standard formula

DAY 3: July 19
Weight: 226.6 (gain of .8, very disappointed!)
SWF: In the morning, same results
Lemonades: 6, reduced maple syrup by half: 60 oz H2O, 6 oz lemon juice, 3 oz maple syrup, 1 tsp cayenne

DAY 4: July 20
Weight: 226.6 (still up by .8, totally discouraged)
SWF: Skipped, fearing sodium-induced water retention. Had cup of Smooth Move instead. Noticed warning label on Smooth Move: not to be used for cleansing or dieting. Way to CYA, SM!
Lemonades: 5, back to standard formula but couldn't drink the last glass.
Smooth Move: 1 cup in the morning, 1 cup before bed

DAY 5: July 21
Weight: 224.6 (relieved!)
SWF: I think I'm done with these for now. I don't have much trouble drinking it, but I felt way more energy yesterday and this morning without it. I woke up at 2 am thanks to the Smooth Move, but felt like elimination was much more thorough than with SWF.
Lemonades: Aiming for 6, standard formula
Smooth Move: 1 cup am, 1 cup before bed (note to self: as late as possible, in hope of avoiding the 2 am call to duty)

Best to all,
SilvyM

Post subject: Re: Slow Start to a July Cleanse
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:28 pm 

Hi Silvy!

Sounds like you're off to a GREAT start.

Salt water flush always makes me bloated and gain weight, so I never do it. Just smooth move, and it's always fine.

Keep it up and hope your day went well.

Nothing tastes as good as HEALTHY feels.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:07 am 

Hi, renewed! Thanks so much for the encouragement. I'm glad to know somebody else has had the same issue with the SWF. It does seem like the Smooth Move alone is working better, but it's causing me a lot more intestinal discomfort than when I used it in combo with SWF. Any tips on practice or timing with the Smooth Move?

Here's my update:

DAY 6: July 22
SW: 225.8
CW: 222.6 (2 pounds down from yesterday!)
Lemondades: 5
SM: 1 in the am. Fell asleep without making tea before bed.

I'm a bit concerned that I'm taking in so few calories that my already sluggish metabolism will creak to a halt. I find that I get to the 5th glass around 5:30 - 6 pm and I don't feel like drinking any more after that. I'm not a late dinner person in general, and try to stop eating by 6 or 7 pm.

DAY 7: July 23
SW:225.8
CW: 222.6 (No change today...perhaps because I missed the evening SM tea?)

Still pretty slow progress overall, but 3.2 pounds less than when I started! I felt a lot of energy yesterday...did a bunch of chores around the house and got a decent cycling workout. Feeling pretty good.

Best to all,
SilvyM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:25 pm 

A quick update:

DAY 8: July 24
CW: 220.2 (2.4 pounds down from yesterday; 5.6 down for the first week!)

DAY 9: July 25
CW: 220.4 (Gain of .2, but had summer classes and exams all day yesterday so almost zero physical activity.)

On to week #2....

Best to all,
SilvyM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:33 am 

DAY 10: July 26
CW: 218.6 (1.8 pounds down from yesterday!)

DAY 11: July 27
CW: 217.6 (Another one down. :))

Five more days. I'm in the home stretch. Still able to do basic activities and get a small amount of exercise, but my energy saps pretty quickly. DH says I look rather pale, even after exercise. Looking forward to getting some protein back in my system.

Best to all,
SilvyM