[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - MCMakeover's 60 Day Journey

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: MCMakeover's 60 Day Journey
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:28 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:16 am 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:28 am 

I'm also careful about who I tell about the MC. I like to do this forum because I can be open and honest about everything. My family is used to me doing it so I can talk with my husband and kids. I've been doing MC's for about 5 years now but I don't tell friends or co-workers. I tried one time and they thought I was crazy and didn't have anything positive to say so I just don't tell them. Every time I have completed the MC I have had wonderful results and felt amazing so all those naysayers just don't understand it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:41 am 

@mcmakeover - Hope today is even better than yesterday! :D Well done so far.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:37 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:38 pm 

Post subject: Day 7 of 60 (191.2)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:43 pm 

Day 7 of 60 (191.2)

The scale showed 191.2 which is the same as yesterday so there was no loss. Surprisingly, I was entirely okay with that. And it was a good day.

Day 7 was a much better day in terms of my normal life but it was a tough day on the cleanse...the food cravings have been out of this world. For a brief moment I thought about giving up and having a bowl of soup broth or something but I stuck it out. I looked back at my last successful cleanse and realized that the food cravings usually strike around this time and that I just need to stop looking so far down the road and focus on the current moment and what I need to do to get through the day.

Last edited by MCMakeover on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Day 8 of 60 (190.2)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:44 pm 

Day 8 of 60 (190.2)

This morning the scale showed 190.2 which is a loss of one pound. As always, I'm grateful.

I haven't felt like writing much lately so I apologize to anyone who is actually reading this. I hope to get back into the groove of things tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:13 pm 

Oh yes, the bad cravings do hit me around the same time too. Good job on fighting it! I know it's tough but just hang in there. It will be worth it and you will feel so proud when you've accomplished your goal. Plus...restarting the mc after caving really sucks! (lol I've been down that road many times).
Have a few things handy to keep your mind busy when the cravings hit: walking or exercising, silly yt vids, mobile game, looking at photos of you at your goal weight, calling a friend, music...anything to keep your mind busy.
We know you can do this! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:50 pm 

Day 9 of 60 (189.4lbs)

AM

I'm in the 180s and ten pounds down from my day 1 weight of 199.4lbs...yay! Today's weight of 189.4 lbs represents a 0.8 lbs loss since yesterday.

PM

In other news, it turns out the lethargy and body pain I have been feeling lately are not psychosomatic symptoms of depression...I have the flu. Now, I know what you are thinking...how did you not notice you had the flu. Well, because I have never had it before. I assumed the flu was simply an extreme cold and because I was not coughing or congested...

I was again feeling really, really tired again today, my head still hurt, and my body still ached a bit...things I attributed to stress, being bloated, and possibly being depressed, so I finally went to the doctor with the assumption that I might get referred to a psychiatrist. It turns out I really have a 102 temperature and the flu. While I could not be described as being excited to have the flu, I am happy that "it's not all in my head." That is not to say that I am not a bit depressed about my weight and how it has colored my choices and actions, but that it's good to know it's more than that.

Now here's what I feel crummy about...I didn't tell my doctor I was doing the cleanse. I feel like there is already so much misinformation out there about the cleanse that I didn't want to deal with her censure. I don't think she would have attributed my current sickness to the cleanse...cause duh, the flu is a virus...but I still didn't want to defend my choice to do it. I just answered honestly when she asked if I was drinking enough fluids.

At the moment I plan to continue the cleanse as there is nothing in the flu literature...i.e. what my doctor told me explicitly and what I have read online, that would suggest the cleanse is problematic, however, I also recognize that because she didn't have all the information about my diet, that she perhaps didn't have the opportunity to say something. At the moment, it's still day 9 and I'm still on the cleanse.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:31 am 

It's 5am and my body huts so much I can't get comfortable. I just sent notice to the conference that I was supposed to be attending at 8AM that I am officially out for the count. While I am probably over the 48 hours window in which I am infectious, there is no way I could sit still for hours on end in a chair and my eyes hurt so much. While I am up I suppose I should try to make some lemonade so that I have it throughout the day. My roommate has already been hovering and has offered to get me soup thrice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:53 am 

Oh no! Oh no I hope you feel better so quickly! I mean the good news is that the fast really will heal the flu faster than if you were eating! Just you snuggle down in your bed and try to sleep and rest as much as you can.

I can't believe you have never had the flu! Good job having strong immunity.

You're doing great, probably doesn't feel like it right now, but you are! Best wishes!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:59 pm 

Popping in to say get well soon! Perfect time to get loads of rest. Well done on sticking true to the mc despite being unwell!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:25 am 

Post subject: Redux: Day 1 (196.8 lbs)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:26 am 

Redux: Day 1 (196.8 lbs)

Yea...on Sunday, February 26, on what would have been Day 11 of my 60 day master cleanse, I fell off. At that point I was pretty sick, still running a fever, and overall felt pretty bad. I had neither the energy or inclination to go the grocery store to get more lemons and maple syrup and around dinner time, when my roommate offered me a bowl of her homemade vegetable soup, I caved like wet tissue.

I have few regrets.

While I am obviously not pleased to have to start the cleanse over, I am not sorry that I ate the soup nor that I continued to eat the soup, and other warm foods, over the last few days. I live in a norther state the borders Canada and it is cold; it has been snowing over the past few days. On the master cleanse, even when not ill, I find that I am always a bit cold and this feeling was very much exasperated as the flu progressed.

So here I am, on March 1st, on Day 1 again. I'm trying not to look too far ahead. Just, as with the first ten days, taking it one day at a time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next