[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Katie's 10 Day Cleanse Starting 9/24

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Katie's 10 Day Cleanse Starting 9/24
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:12 am 

Hey all!

It's been several years since I've been on this board, but it's helped me during past master cleanses, so I'm back!

Seems like this board has been relatively quiet lately so I'm putting my post up a few days before I start on the off chance I might catch a friend or two for the journey!

I'm hoping to do a 10 day cleanse starting on Sunday, 9/25. My wedding is coming up in December and my bachelorette weekend is actually the weekend of October 6th, so I'm doing the cleanse in advance of that. I've lost some weight over the past 9 months using good ole fashioned diet and exercise, but I'm looking to give myself the extra boost and results of a cleanse before getting back to my diet and exercise routine!

Thankfully I work from home so that's convenient for all that comes with cleansing (ha!) but I also have a busy social calendar so I always need support on that front. I'm hoping to use the impending bachelorette weekend as an excuse to keep a low profile the weekend before!

Support and encouragement is always welcome, and I'm happy to return in kind! Anyone want to start around the same time!?! :D :lol: 8)

Post subject: Re: Katie's 10 Day Cleanse Starting 9/24
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:52 am 

Good luck Katie. I started today and goal is 10 days but may go longer depending on how I feel.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:37 am 

Hey 49ergirl! Good to hear from you! I was actually vacillating last night if I wanted to just get started today, myself, but I wasn't sure if I could. I have to work this weekend at my in-law's restaurant and I just thought there would be too many complications between working a long shift and staying overnight away from home. Not very convenient when the tea strikes!

I did weigh myself for the first time in a long time today and bleh! I try to avoid the scale since I'm doing a lot of high intensity cardio and weight lifting, and while I see inches lost and much better tone overall, the scale tends to stay the same, which can make me frustrated. I'm down over 15 pounds since I started working out in January, which is great, but just not where I want to be at this point! SO I guess a round about way of saying that it's helping expel any doubts about if I can/should do this cleanse. I should just shut the f up and do it! :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:48 am 

Be strong you can do this and there is never a good time to do it lol. The first 3 days are the hardest and then it's all smooth sailing after that well sort of it truly is about will power and keeping the evil food thoughts out of your head. It is amazing when you complete the 10 days though. The clarity, the energy and the weight loss is so worth it. I have tried hundreds of things and this is the only thing that has ever given me quick results and great results.

I posted on my journal that My dr wants me to wait until I have some testing done so I had to stop but am doing some healthy things until she gives me the go ahead and I will still continue to watch your journey and root for you.

You can do this! :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:22 pm 

You can do it Katie! You should do it! I'll be starting soon also ... I do wish I had known about the MC before I got married because that is a lot of pressure to look good! And no one does that as well as the MC. It's wonderful, like being filled with sunshine!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:53 pm 

Hello Katie...congrats on your upcoming wedding and wishing you luck on your cleanse to give you that extra boost. I, too, am starting tomorrow 9/24. I plan to do 10-12 days. It's been years since I did my last 21 day fast. I used to love love coming on this site and am sad to see there aren't as many active participants as there was.

Well, we are here and I can be your MC buddy if you like? I have an event on 10/7 and I've been working hard towards it for 5 months but feel I came up a bit short. I love the feeling I get on the master cleanse. Just really being present and not allowing outside distractions or temptations to win me over - well, that is when I can make it thru at least the first few days. I know how hard it is, so I'm not making promises nor will I cast judgment on myself or anyone taking this same journey.

We can do this!! :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:22 pm 

Congrats on your wedding Katie! You/We can do this!

I'm starting this Friday 9/27 with Wednesday being the start of my ease in days. Diet and exercise have failed me completely but the MC even when I've done it a few days always delivers. I wish I worked from home too which is why I'm starting on a weekend to figure out optimal times to take the tea.

I may not be on here until Mon when I get home from a road trip. Then depending on how I feel on Tuesday i may get a head start.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:22 am 

Wow thanks everyone for all the support! I wasn't check my email over the weekend and I was really enthused to see people actually on the boards! Woohoo! I encourage you all to write too so I can have something to read when my willpower starts to fade.

As promised, I am on day 2—I started on Saturday night/Sunday morning. I almost started on Friday since my fiance was out of town all weekend and I really wish I had since I'd already be on day 4, and it's so much easier to cleanse when there aren't others around tempting you. Oh well! Can't change the past so I'm committing to today.

Day 1 was fine. I slept in, took it easy in the morning, then cleaned the house. My fiance returned from his bachelor party around 1:30 with a buddy and with the mother load of Doritos and beer--leftovers from the party. Dorito smell you are the devil. They drank beer and watched baseball for a bit and then we all went out to watch the afternoon NFL games to our local bar. Being at the bar wasn't super easy, but more for food than the drinks. The bar doesn't serve food so they have free popcorn and peanuts and the popcorn was all around, everyone was snacking down. Thankfully I resisted and just drank a few club sodas while everyone else enjoyed their booze. The boys from the bachelor party looked so run down it definitely took some of the temptation to drink away.

I'm trying to think of little presents to give myself each day as a reward, like, you made it through Tuesday! You get to do xyz! Today I didn't have one in mind but then I already went online and bought some new swimsuits for my bachelorette party in two weeks lol so I guess that's my treat, even though I've yet to make it through the day. Since I bought two piece swim suits for the first time in a few years I will consider it MONDAY MOTIVATION.

I didn't weigh myself on Sunday morning or today, so I don't have a solid starting weight. I did weigh on Thursday at 174.8 and then Friday at 170.0 so... my weight is crazy like that. I'm guessing I was probably around 173-174... I did take advantage of my Saturday not cleansing and indulged in some burger/fry action while at work so...

But ultimate goal is to break into the 150's by the end of this cleanse. I'll probably do my first weigh in tomorrow.

Thanks for your support and I can't wait to hear about how everyone else is doing! 8)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:26 am 

Well it's Day 3!

Made it through Day 2 just fine. Yes, I experienced the usual roller coaster of emotions: one minute, you think this is so easy, I've got this no sweat, then the next you think why am I doing this to myself? This has got to be unhealthy!

The hardest part for me was smelling my fiance making tacos but I pretty much avoided that whole floor of the house, lit a candle, and tried to do my own thing. It worked, I stayed strong. Well, strong in that I didn't eat any food--what I did do was online shop and order swimsuits, cover ups, and a few dresses for my upcoming bachelorette party. :shock: Normally I would caution against buying clothes that may be too small but this is some trial by fire motivation to get me to keep to this cleanse! I WILL DO IT. Because if I don't I'll never want to wear that two piece I ordered. :)

I did get quite hungry in the evening, had two drinks nearly back to back, and still my tummy rumbled as I was trying to go to bed. I only had 5, maybe 6 drinks all day so perhaps that's the cause. Given my recent high levels of exercise I think my metabolism is pretty revved so I'm not surprised I find myself hungrier than during past cleanses.

I'm hoping today is an easy day for me, I have meetings pretty much straight through the work day and then have an appointment to get my hair cut and colored so I won't even be able to think about the fact that I'm not eating til dinnertime.

I got in my lax tea this morning (have mixed results with the SWF) and now I'm on my first drink of the day. I'll have to make sure I utilize little breaks between meetings to make a drink so I don't get overly hungry. Same goes for heading to the salon this afternoon.

Anyway, that's what's up with me, what's going on with everyone else out there? Would love to hear from you!

Weighed for the first time today, at 171. I'm going to put my start weight at 174, seems fair since I weighed that on Thursday of last week. So 3 pounds lost. :D

SW: 174
CW: 171
GW: 159

Weight lost: 3 pounds

Last edited by katielemons on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:57 pm 

Way to go Katie! I don't think I'd have been able to resist sneaking a taco. I was going to try starting today, even made me some lemonade for breakfast. But I needed some coffee to function at work, then coworker brought me 3 raspberry cookies from Subway and it was downhill from there. You just motivated me to stay strong.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:49 pm 

GurlRDX you can do it!

I am happy Day 3 is winding down but I am literally sitting next to my fiance while he eats his TACO LEFTOVERS lol. Your email came at a perfect time!

I know usually Day 5 is when I start to notice results and Day 8 is always when I'm like "oh sweet these pants fit!" so I've made it this far, I'm sticking with it. I am starting to get a little sick of the lax tea, tho...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:49 am 

Ooooooooooooooh Day 4! You little so and so.

Today wouldn't be so bad except I decided to do my first SWF since I did the cleanse back in 2009. It was THE WORST. First of all, I accidentally read the wrong site and did two TABLESPOONS instead of teaspoons of salt. Great. I drank the two tablespoons in about a cup of water and then chugged the rest of the gallon all in less than a minute. I immediately felt like I was going to barf. I ran upstairs to the bathroom and managed not to hurl, but felt terrible. I tried to keep movin and groovin for about an hour but I kept getting big waves a nausea. About an hour it started to do what it was supposed to do but I also randomly had to throw up about an hour and a half in. Totally weird. Now it's 4 hours after and I'm still uh..."flushing." At least I'm starting to feel better.

Anyway! I felt so gross I'm just having my first lemon drink at 1 in the afternoon. Probably explains why I am feeling a little lethargic and unfocused. Hoping some sugar energy will help me get through the rest of the day cause momma's gotta work!

But tonight I can chill and watch a movie and then tomorrow is the top of the hill, the rest is just making it to the end of 10 (or 11?) days.

Happy cleansing!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:51 am 

Forgot my stats for today!

CW: 169.4 (yea 60's!)

Weight lost: 4.6 pounds

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:42 pm 

Wow! Awesome job Katielemons...you're doing so great. Years ago, I did the same exact thing you did with the "TABLE"spoons of salt. All the water came right back up and out of my mouth (eeeek TMI). I don't even remember when I realized I should've only been drinking teaspoons.

I went MIA for a moment and didn't post on my board...a slight hiccup on Sunday..but I'm back up and on Day 3 and feeling strong - so I'm right here next to ya for support..We can do this.

I agree with the others - I don't know if I could've resisted a taco.

You will reach your goals for sure...just remember how good it feels to get back into those pants. I honestly think wearing jeans that are too baggy because I lost weight is probably one of the best feelings ever.

Keep up the good work...and I'll be checking in on you. I'm going to go over to my board now and explain why I went MIA... :D

[/url]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:23 am 

Thanks for post Lemony17!

I must admit I woke up this morning, Day 5, feeling a little low, and hearing from you and seeing new posts is helping!

Nothing too crazy going on. My day was all outta whack yesterday after the weird SWF, I didn't end up having any lemonade drinks until the afternoon, and I think it had a negative effect on me. I got busy with work and suddenly it was after 5 and I still had to head out to Target. I actually took my time at Target and even got some new clothes (can never resist) but when I returned home realized I forgot two of the main things I went for. Lemon brain! Then, to top it off, my fiance said I "looked tired" which is never what a lady wants to hear. The fact is I was feeling pretty tried right then! Fiance was making a giant pot of pasta and complaining about how much he'd have leftover. Then he wanted to go out to watch the Cubs try to clinch their playoff spot, which I REALLY didn't feel like doing, but I promised I wouldn't let my crazy diet effect how I socialized, so I slapped some makeup on (since I "looked tired") and went. But my heart wasn't in it, and I was ready to go home by nine and it cause a little bickering. Sigh.

This diet definitely causes a distance between fiance and me. :( I don't want to paint him as anything but a great guy because that's what he is--he thinks I look great as I am and it's absolutely crazy to do a lemon diet for 10 days to hope to lose a little weight. He daily encourages me to quit, make some oatmeal, take the slow and healthy path to weigh loss. And he's probably right, this all is a little crazy! I just am vain and I want to look better during my bachelorette trip and after! I am hopeful this is the last time I ever resort to crash dieting.

Well, sorry to do a mental dump on you all! Just what's on my mind today. All that plus only a .4 pound loss this morning has me feeling a little low, but I'll pick it back up. Tonight will be a big challenge--going to a friend's house for a grill out and drinks to watch the football game. Not sure what lie I'm going to spin to get out of the food we're bringing... :?:

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT! I may check in later today just to help keep on track!

CW: 169.0 (yea 60's!)

Weight lost: 5 pounds