Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:29 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Birdy's Summer Cleanse
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:59 am 

I'm starting a 9-day cleanse tomorrow! It doesn't look like there's been much activity on here lately, so I hope there's some fellow cleansers somewhere!!!! If so, please post!!

So, supplies..... I usually buy my syrup on Amazon, because I live in such a remote area that all I can find here is Aunt Jemima or Mrs. Butterworth's, (which is actually corn syrup with maple flavoring). And I also bought a new juice squeezer that filters out the seeds as you squeeze it! I only have the old fashioned glass one that I bought at a flea market, and you have to fish out seeds with a spoon. So, those items wont be here for a couple days, but I have enough leftover stuff to get started. Also, I've never done the Smooth Move Tea; I've always done only the salt-water flush. But I read someplace that the smooth move tea is the agitator, and the salt water flush flushes it all out. So I'm going to try both this time around and see what my thoughts are about that. I can't imagine you need anything more than just the SWF, but we'll give it a try. It might be too much for me, IDK.

I've done about a half-dozen cleanses in the past, at least, but I haven't done one since December, I think. I ran a marathon then and during the 9-month training gained 12 pounds. Everyone said, "but it's probably muscle". I think probably not. Surely some of it was muscle, and surely a lot of it was simply overeating.

I lost it then, but now I'm actually back up there at that marathon weight!! I'm 50 years old, and I swear every year it gets harder and harder to maintain!! I'm not ready to give into the bloat-gut, so I decided now is the time for another cleanse to kick-start another healthy mindset.

I will post my current weight tomorrow, and we'll get started!!

Each day, I try to post a motivation quote. Today's quote is: "Find 3 hobbies you love: one to make you money, one to keep you in shape, and one to be creative".

I sure do hope somebody can do this with me!! I'll be back here in the morning!!!!

See you all tomorrow morning!!!!

Love, Birdy

Post subject: Re: Birdy's Summer Cleanse
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:26 am 

DAY ONE

Not much to report, as it is only Day 1. I did the smooth move tea last night before bed, so it didn't take long this morning to hit the bathroom, ha. And I did the salt water flush. It is just as horrible as I remember it. The last few cleanses I've done, I've made a "shot" out of the SWF, followed by 2 full glasses of water. I still get the results I'm looking for, and I don't have to guzzle all of that horrible SWF.

Today's quote, "If you can't stop thinking about it, don't stop working for it."

I've gained so much weight recently, followed by a vacation, which even added a few more pounds to the mix, so I'm fatter than normal, ha, but here it goes:

SW: 144.1 lbs
WL: 0
GW: 130

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:50 am 

DAY 2

Wow... 4 pounds down this morning. I think I was holding onto a lot of bloat after our canoeing trip last weekend!!

I feel surprisingly good this morning. I was glancing over some of my past cleanse posts, and a couple times day 2 was very difficult. I feel really good this time around so far!! One of the no-no's I'm doing on this cleanse is allowing myself 2 cups of black coffee/morning. The rest of the day I'm totally faithful. I think the coffee is keeping my head above the water.

I did feel exceptionally tired on the drive home from work last night. I work 2nd shift, so it was midnight, and I have a 45-minute drive each way. I always do feel very tired on the cleanse, and this one is no different in that respect.

Oh!! I got my new juicer in the mail yesterday!! I'm so excited to give it a try today!! It's still a hand juicer, but it strains out the seeds for you, so I don't have to fish them out with a spoon.

I always seem to have trouble getting my 10 glasses of juice/day in. I can do 7 comfortably and I drink water very well, but getting all that juice in is hard for some reason. So yesterday when I made my ginormous jug to take to work I made the concentration stronger, so I'm getting in all the calories I need. So, my jug holds 5 large glasses of lemonade, but I made 7 glasses worth of juice/syrup/cayenne in 5 glasses of water. (And I drank 3 glasses before work, so I got in my 10 glasses) And I drank lots and lots of water all night.

Today's quote: "Great things never came from comfort zones."

Love, Birdy

SW: 144.1
CW: 139.2
PL: 4.9

Last edited by birdy1 on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:00 am 

That's so awesome we are starting roughly around the same time.

Good tip about the tea agitating the bowel movements. I never understood the purpose before. I hate the SWF and much prefer taking senna pills but I am going to push through and do it anyway.

Is your GW for the cleanse or where you want to be? I also want to lose 15 lbs on the cleanse but don't know if I can do it in time (I'm doing it for 13 days and then a 3 day ease out).

So glad I'm not alone on making exceptions. I am opting for green tea but the coffee sounds tempting. Since you lost 4 lbs I am going to go for it - ha!

How much lemonade and water did you drink on your first day? I really want those kind of results when I weigh-in tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:31 am 

DAY 3

Another half-pound down today!

I feel pretty good today! Obviously, I'm a bit more sluggish than usual, but I think keeping my 2 cups of coffee in the morning is making all the difference. I normally drink a pot-and-a-half of coffee per morning, so 2 cups is cutting back immensely for me and keeping me sane.

I have a Fit Bit, and one of the things I've noticed is that my resting heart rate drops and drops when I'm on the Master Cleanse. It's dropped 5 bpm's in the last 3 days!!

I have been doing both the Smooth Move tea each night, followed by the salt water flush each morning. This is the first time I've done both; usually, I only do the SWF. Can't tell much of a difference by doing both. But, I really don't mind the tea each night, and it's what you're supposed to do, so I'll keep it up.

Other than a bit of fuzzy-headedness, and tiredness, I feel mostly good!! I'm LOVING my new hand juicer. It's my new favorite thing!!

Today's quote: "Everything you need is already inside you. Don't wait for others to light your fire. You have your own matches."

Love, Birdy

CW: 138.5
PL: 5.6

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:30 am 

DAY 4

The cleanse is going pretty well. The SWF makes me feel yukky in the morning. I feel pretty good in the afternoon/evening, and boy, by the end of the night I am TIRED! I'm on a 9-day stretch at work and that coupled with this cleanse is wearing me out man!!

Not much to report today. Another half-pound down this morning!! Wahooooo!!

Today's quote: "A little progress each day adds up to big results."

Love, Birdy

CW: 137.9
PL: 6.2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:14 am 

DAY 5

I feel amazingly good on this cleanse. Better than any I've done before. I feel strong and I'm having awesome results. AND I'M HALFWAY THERE!!!!

Another pound down today!!

I'm already thinking on what sort of diet I'm sidestepping over to when I complete this cleanse. I think I'll do the vegetable soup for a couple days to ease out, then start a Clean Eating Diet. I'm going to start pinning some recipes so I can have everything ready to go when the time comes. Gonna clean out the fridge and pantry and restock with the right things to make it super easy.

So, the idea of the Clean Eating Diet is exercise, and eating unprocessed, whole foods. Before this cleanse I was doing the Keto Diet. It's all the rage now, but to tell you the truth, I feel sludgy when I'm on it. All the heavy meat, cheese, etc., makes me feel sludgy. I love the idea of colorful fresh fruits and vegetables, smoothies, lean meats, etc. I think I'm gonna give it a try.

Today's quote: "The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there." Vince Lombardi

CW: 136.6
7.5 pounds lost!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:46 am 

Great job, Birdy! You’re helping me stay motivated.

I agree about the keto diet- it looks appealing because of the types of foods allowed but it’s not clean enough for me and too restrictive of the foods I enjoy.

I always learn while doing the cleanse how little food I need to sustain myself. So going forward I am going to listen to my body and eat only what I need to feel satisfied.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:59 am 

DAY 6

Roady, your comment about noticing how little food you actually need to sustain yourself is sooooooo true!! You're absolutely right!!

The scale showed a standstill today. Only 0.2 down.

Feel very tired today, more than usual. I think I need to take in a bit more juice today for energy. The cleanse, plus this looooong stretch at work is so hard; the hospital is so busy right now and I'm running my head off every night. Just struggling a bit today.

Today's quote: "This is not your practice life."

Love, Birdy

CW: 136.4
pounds lost: 7.7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:12 am 

DAY 7

Actually gained a half-pound... WTH?? And ironically, I actually feel less bloated than I have the past couple days. Oh, well.

Only 3 more days to go!!!!

Nothing really to report today. I feel a bit more energetic this morning than I did yesterday morning. I'm excited that I only have 3 more days to go. I have this weekend's food items chosen, and have my grocery list made to begin my Clean Eating lifestyle.

The foods that I've been craving the most on this cleanse are vegetables. I can't wait to eat vegetables. This week a girl brought in a "roasted red pepper and tomato soup". All the ingredients came from her garden. I tasted it and it was delicious!! It was so fresh tasting and vibrant. That's on my list, too.

Love, Birdy

CW: 136.9
PL: 7.2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:03 am 

DAY 8

Well, I lost that weird half-pound from yesterday and a teensy bit more. On my way out the door... so it's a short one today.

Today's quote: "It will be hard, but hard is not impossible."

CW: 136
PL: 8.1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:56 am 

Keep it up, Birdy. That quote is just what I need.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:15 am 

DAY 9

I think today will be my last cleanse day. I'm down to my last few lemons. I'm going to transition over to Clean Eating. I chose 4 meals I plan to make this weekend and made a grocery list.

I went to the grocery store last night after work and got so many healthy things!! I spent almost all my time in the fresh food/vegetable aisle, and actually smelled each thing before I placed it in my cart, ha ha. The whole bottom of my cart was filled with colorful goodness!! I just took a moment and appreciated all the freshness and vivid colors.

This was one of the easiest cleanses I've done! I hate to say this, but I truly think it was because I allowed myself 2 cups of black coffee each morning. It both gave me that energy boost, and helped ease the headaches. I know I shouldn't post such a no-no, but it's the truth. And it didn't seem to hurt in the weight loss. I'm sure it wouldn't be considered a true "detox" to many, but it sure did make it easier to tolerate.

Good luck to you all.. I wish you the best in your Master Cleanse journey!!

Today's quote: "You'll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine."

CW: 135.9
GW: 130 (still plan to hit that goal!!)
Pounds Lost: 8.2!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:11 pm 

Wishing you well Birdy! You have such a great attitude! Sorry I missed this, woulda supported you. Love the quotes. So glad this cleanse went easily for you!