[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - OMGosh Maple Syrup is gross....

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: OMGosh Maple Syrup is gross....
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:27 pm 

I have been on this cleanse for 8 days and the whole time, I have been using Agave Nectar amber colored.(I heard it was more beneficial for this cleanse) I ran out today and could only find Maple Syrup (B). It was so gross to me I couldn't even drink my lemonade the whole day. I ended up drinking mostly H2O today. When I got home, I rushed to another store and got my Agave Nectar. I honestly don't know how you guys are drinking that with the maple syrup. I love my lemonade with the Nectar. It tastes almost like honey but different. What a big difference! Just had to let the maple syrup discust out!!! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:00 am 

I use stevia...

I love real maple syrup...but on my waffles, not in my lemonade...

I also wanted to cut the extra sugar and calories.....

I use just enough stevia to take an edge off the tartness of the lemon...but not to overly sweeten ...delicious!

"we're gonna need a bigger boat!"

"I ain't no holla back girl!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:30 am 

I cut down my syrup to about half of what's listed in the book. It does have a bit of an aftertaste though, kind of woody.

I also use a little bit of stevia, as per startingover's recommendation earlier. I only use one packet per 64 ozs though right now. I guess I could use more but I've heard mixed things about stevia so I don't want to overdo it.

I only bought 36 ozs of syrup actually, so my hope is to ween myself off of the syrup eventually. I want to use half doses for the first few days so I can adjust to no food, but eventually I want to up the stevia slightly and drop the syrup to almost nothing. I guess I'll have to up the liquid vitamins up slightly too to compensate.

Startingover, when you say you replace the syrup with stevia and liquid vitamins, how much liquid vitamin do you use per day? Recommended dosage or more?

Thanks
FC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:00 am 

I just use the recommended dosage...I seem to feel ok with that once I adjust to the fast...

"we're gonna need a bigger boat!"

"I ain't no holla back girl!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:51 am 

Post subject: Maple Syrup VS Stevia VS Agave Nectar
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:34 am 

Do you all have the book? I know that Agave Nectar and Stevia didn't exist (for sale I mean) when Stanley wrote the book, but he talks alot about the beneficial nutrients and vitamins in the maple syrup that we MUST have. I don't like the maple syrup NEARLY as much as I love the Agave Nectar, but I know the syrup is not only packed FUL of minerals and vitamins that we need during this, the "syrupy" texture helps the toxins move through as well, and I know that Stevia does not do the same thing. Just my two-sense! This isn't only about weight loss, it's abotu healing and purifying your body. As far as the Agave Nectar, if it has the same nutritional properties I would think it's great. I use Stevia quite a bit for tea, but definitely would not substitute it for the syrup. Just not the same.

Just my 2 cents! Happy cleansing!

02/19/07 - Day 8 (of 21)

[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:56 am 

I wonder about the maple syrup vs. alternative sweetener issue myself. I do worry a little about taking in all that concentrated sugar. I just did a search on agave nectar, and the most specific info I could find on vitamin/mineral content was "Agave does contain some minerals like Iron, Calcium, Potassium and Magnesium". How it compares to maple syrup, I don't know. Agave syrup is also mostly fructose instead of glucose, which according to some is a benefit, and to others a drawback. Using stevia makes the cleanse basically a lemon-water fast, which may not be a bad thing in and of itself, but then it's technically not the Master Cleanse. I don't know how that would change the outcome.

I think for now I'll just do the cleanse per the book, and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:01 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:53 pm 

Post subject: Re: OMGosh Maple Syrup is gross....
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:26 pm 

If you are replacing maple syrup with stevia, you are essentially starving yourself. This is not the Master Cleanse.
In "The Complete Master Cleanse" by Tom Woloshyn, it says on page 76, "Stevia - A sweetner than many people ask about using on the Master Cleanse is Stevia, also known as sweetleaf or sugarleaf. This product is not a true sugar but a compound extracted from a very sweet but indigestible herb in the sunflower family. It provides no calories or energy at all while on the cleanse. Therefore, if you use it you will be starving yourself--something you do not want to do."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:19 am 

I registered just to respond in this thread. I am currently on day 9 of the MC and have always been disgusted by adding the Grade B maple syrup to the lemonade. I am not, however, disgusted by a spoonful of Grade B maple syrup on its own. So what I've started to do is squeeze the lemon (and/or lime) into the full amount of water, add the cayenne pepper, and then add liquid stevia to taste, erring on the lesser side. THEN, to stay faithful to the original design of the fast, I eat two tablespoons of the maple syrup on its own. It's actually delicious and not disgustingly sweet like pancake syrup would be. I can then enjoy the lemonade over the next 15-30 minutes rather than choking it down. I've noticed that it was getting harder and harder to drink the lemonade mixture with maple syrup but now I'm totally fine. If there's anyone who thinks there's a reason why this is not faithful to the original design of the MC please chime in!

Also please chime in if you think it's a big problem to replace the SWF with professional colonics every three days and detox tea in between, which is what I've been doing. Before starting the MC I was a bloated sodium addict and I think a lot of my weight loss (15 lbs in 8 days) has been water weight loss. I know it's not 100% sustainable but I'm trying to slim down for my sister's wedding in 10 days and then I'll worry about sustainability after that. (Don't worry, I'll stop the fast a couple days before the wedding so I can eat something (not everything) at the reception.)

And I should add that, like others, I have no hunger at all on this fast. If your friend is eating food and it smells really good, ask your friend if you can have a bite on a small plate and just SMELL your bite, don't eat it. I am amazed at how satisfying just smelling food is and not actually eating it -- but that shouldn't be surprising because they say 75-90% of what we refer to "taste" actually comes from smell.

Good luck to everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:57 am 

Hey localwine,

You're so right! The taste of Agave is much more bearable for a long term cleanse, in my past Cleanses i used Maple Syrup, and after 15 or so days, i felt i needed something else, but since trying the Agave Nectar, which is much cheaper too, am hooked! Good luck on your remaining days.

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Support Group
tu