[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Life after a 40 day cleanse.

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Life after a 40 day cleanse.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:21 am 

I wasnt quite sure if i wanted to blog here, but it might be nice to look back and see where i went right ~~ or wrong ~~. I know this is my first MC, but maybe id be able to encourage others too.. in whatever small way i can. This is day 6 for me and im just about feeling better about everything. I never wanted to break the fast but i have been ill non stop since starting it. I just kept thinking .. in another day i'll feel better... in another day i'll feel better.. till that *another day* arrived and here we are.

I cant keep the SWF's down at all so have given up on those and have the tea night and morning. Its certainly working ! When i first started the fast, i think i made the lemonade drinks far too hot, and i had problems having more than 3 a day~~ i always felt so full. Today after reading this site, i made them with cooler water and have managed 5.. and will have another one soon so i feel a lot better about that. Im drinking plenty of water, and relaxing at home. I do use a walking machine twice a day for 30 mins each time.

I really do want to do this for 40 days. goodness knows why but i seem to have that fixed in my head. I am back at work in 7 days, which means ill be on day 13 of the diet. I hope by then i have the resolve to get through anything. Its amazing what we are all doing, and i commend you all for wanting to be healthy and happy.

kate :D

Last edited by kate_ on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:49 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:27 am 

good job kate. you had some problems but you worked through them. thats the kind of determination and faith that others can look up to. i'm day 16 and doing great. actually ive been getting some mild stomach cramps at night due to the tea, but they are minor and i feel great right now.

love, joshua

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:35 am 

wow well done joshua !! Cramps arent nice are they but well done for sticking with it. I hope i feel that good in another 10 days...

kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:57 am 

Day 8 : Its getting easier and easier as the days go by!!!

I went into town yesterday and bought 20 organic lemons in Sainsbury's. I could see everyone looking at me in the queue, although the cashier didnt say anything. I bought my maple syrup and then had a wander round town doing some jobs i needed to do. I felt a little light headed but it was ok. The sun was out and i felt great!!

I went to another health food shop for my senna tea bags, but they didnt have them so i was a bit concerned about where i could get them from. I had left it late in the day to go out so i would feel safe re not having a loo nearby. I ended up buying Dr Stuarts Lax plus . I had a walk through a park in town and sat on a seat in the sun and read the newspaper.

I felt quite tired when i got home, so sat at the pc and read Dr Stuart's website about his teas and was impressed. I found it nice to drink. If it doesnt do the job, ill have to track down the other i was drinking because that did :wink: I am still doing 3 x 20 mins on my walker at home although i might go back to twice a day for 30.

I am not doing this for weight loss, more to *repair and look after my body * but I weighed myself this morning and i have lost 20 llbs !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:16 am 

hi kate! very proud of you for all your success! It must be nice to have some time to start the fast at home. I have to start mine while working, but I'm sure we'll both learn to cope with it!

Btw, what tea did you use that you said worked? Where did you get it? I'm having a hard time finding it myself...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:24 am 

Hi indigo,

I bought Ideal Health Puritee Senna and Mint teabags from Holland and Barrett but they didnt have them yesterday. I did get a lot of cramps with them, but im not sure if that was just because it was the start of the diet or the t bags. However they did work !! lol

Hope the book arrives today. Oh have You thought about starting the cleanse on a Friday so you have a couple of days at home to rest and look after yourself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:43 am 

That would be the ideal plan, but unfortunately we have been moving house all week, and need to do a deep clean of the old flat this weekend. I figured it would be stressful enough without the cleanse, so I wanted to wait until monday... you think this will be ok?

Also, no book yet! GRRR!!! But I have decided to start the cleanse on monday even if it doesn't arrive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:51 am 

Hope the move goes well !

I can only go off how i felt indigo, im sure others have done what you intend to do and have had no problems at all so it an individual thing. I felt really ill the first few days, but then i had spent the previous 6 months stuffing my face with all sorts so maybe thats why it was so bad.

If you cant get online during the day but are really needing support then i would be quite happy swopping phone numbers, to support you whilst you are at work. No offence taken if you dont want to but the offer is there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:58 am 

im not sure if you were waiting on the stanley burroughs book, but if perchance you are, then:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/7587/Poo

love, joshua

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:21 am 

hey kate... i have been trying to send you pm's (not pms lol) but this forum is weird and it looks like they aren't sending, could you please let me know if ya got them?

Cheers!
Christina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:43 am 

Hi Kate,

20 lbs in only 8 days..............Im jealous, day 29 for me and 20 lbs.
hmmmmm what's your secret????

Congrats, and happy cleanse to you,

Christine

Don't worry, be happy, dance alot!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsllpcN/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:09 pm 

Hi Christine,

You are doing great and weight loss isnt the real aim of this cleans is it ( well for some it is ). I have no idea why its dropped off so fast. Maybe for the rest of the cleanse ill only lose 2 llbs lol. The only thing i can think is, that over the past 6 months i have put quite a bit on, so maybe quick on ~~ quick off. I have stuck to the cleanse religiously though and exercised even when i felt like death was knocking at my door.

It does seem excessive though..

kate

BTW : You are doing SO well .. day 29 !! wow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:47 am 

Im into double figures with the cleanse tomorrow, and a quater way through my plan. Im very happy with how things are going, apart from my BM's....... They are fewer and more solid. Im not sure what this means, but perhaps i should try a SWF again. I have people here all weekend, so will try to do the SWF on Monday and hope it works! Im going to take joshuas advice and have it like soup whilst watching TV, in the hope itll stop me from vomiting !

I went to bed a little earlier than i have been last night, and read a book for about an hour. I did notice that my concentration has vastly improved. I didnt have to keep re-reading bits, and the words kind of flowed. Hard to explain really but my mind feels less * cluttered*. Its cold here today so the drinks have been very welcomed, and i have made them a little hotter than normal.

Im off to town tomorrow to get some organic peppermint oil. Dont want to knock people over with my breath at work at the weekend :wink:

Happy Cleansing All !

kate

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:48 pm 

Day 11 : Im dreading the weekend re the cleanse. My kids are back for the weekend and they all eat like horses but are as thin as beanpoles ! Im not sure if i will be ok, or not regarding the cooking. I want to think i'll be ok, it'll be easy but theres this voice in the back of my head telling me its going to be hard. They arent back for another three weeks, so if i can get through cooking this weekend, itll be plain sailing after that.

I have planned the meals so i will only buy enough for the weekend, then it will be back to an empty fridge and cupboards. If theres anything left over they can take it back with them... :-)

I woke in the middle of the night last night for the loo. That hasnt happened for a while, and although i didnt go back to sleep for a while ( i ended up reading in bed) i dont feel tired this morning at all. A friend commented yesterday on how my skin was glowing, and yes it is. The redness on my cheeks seems to have really improved as well.

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:51 am 

You can do it Kate!

Something I permit my self when cooking is unlimited sniffing and smelling the food. Seems to satisfy, remarkably :)

Keep old lovers (food) in their place for now, not in your stomach :0

I believe in you,
C

Don't worry, be happy, dance alot!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsllpcN/