[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - For all you newcomers I thought I'd share... by Kari Jo

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tea
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:55 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:31 pm 

Hear Hear! Thank you Kari Jo! That is very helpful :D

Post subject: 2nd day
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:55 am 

Today I am starting my second day on the cleanse. My situation is perhaps a little more dangerous (?), maybe more confusing and scary to me anyway than most. I have been exposed to a tremendous amount of very heavy chemical and have been toxic for 2 1/2 years. I have been battling this and using a homeopath, a chiropractor, and a kinesiologist....just trying to get someone to believe me and help me. The symptoms are wild and the daily maintenance in order for me to enjoy life are very time consuming and possibly dangerous as well. Suffice it to say, I've tried everything you can possibly think of to get myself better. I learned about MC in Arizona a few weeks ago and decided to give it a shot although I'm a bit concerned about what will happen when these heavy chemicals begin detaching and my symptoms become (I'm guessing) pretty severe. My question is that I can't stand salt and I try to drink the sea salt water but gag instantly choking it out. I have a strong mind and strong will but I just can't get this in my system. I'm doing the tea both morning and night so I'm hoping this will take care of the elimination entirely. Any thoughts????? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:58 am 

The SWF seems to me so terribly important for you to do!
I imagine that you would need to flush toxins out of your colon more than most people doing this cleanse....
I have done the cleanse a few times and my first trials I would gag and vomit the salt water back up. For folks new to the cleanse, this seems to happen often. It is such a new taste and for most, a terrible taste. I've now got a system down that makes it just fine to do, perhaps you could give it a try?

I heat a quart of water up until it is slightly hot, stronger than tepid. I stir in 2 teaspoons of salt and it dissolves quickly. One quart is roughly 4 cups. I drink one cup very quickly through a straw, I can't get it down by sipping as some can. Drink the cup quick as you can through a straw. I keep a sliced lemon nearby and soon as I finish the cup I rub the lemon on my tongue. It gets rid of the taste of the salt immediately. I set a timer for 5 minutes. Once the timer goes off I do another cup quick as I can through a straw and grab the lemon. I repeat until its all gone, takes about 20 minutes.
I have found that by day 10 I no longer have a fear of the SWF, it honestly becomes part of the daily routine and I adjust to it very well. It is most difficult in the beginning because it is such a foreign thing to do! After a few days I have no gagging whatsoever. I always continue to keep rubbing the lemon on my tongue as I just don't like the lingering flavor of salt in my mouth.

Shivabliss has spoken in other threads about keeping a positive attitude while you are doing the SWF, this is essential. It really is so good for you and feels great coming out the other end. =)
Just imagine all that chemical crap leaving your body! I think you will heal so much faster, please give it another try....

Post subject: thanks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:30 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:09 am 

Hi annaspain32, how are you feeling today?
Have you tried the SWF again?
I have done the cleanse before for 10 days and more recently for 15 days. I am beginning again tomorrow for 40 days and will be posting on the thread 'Little Dog' on the success stories page if you'd like to follow with me!

Post subject: cleansing
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:27 am 

When doing any type of cleansing , we are on Natures operating table.
I have worked in alternative centers for over 20 years where chronic and terminal cases would come and stay for extended periods of time.
I have found the Master cleanser to be very effective with any condition,
The body does not only need any other supplements but to add anything else to this cleanse would negate a lot of the positive benefits that the Master Cleanser has to offer.
The average mindset is predicated on false information about supplementation while doing any type of cleanse .
my degrees are in Nutrition and I have been in alternative healing most of my life and I have found that simplicity is the key here.
The less the better.
I find the medical profession offensive and have no idea about healing. They will always treat symptoms instead of the root cause of what the problem really is.
The Master Cleanse will work if one follows it to the letter and not get distracted by any outside influences.
The purpose of the cleanse is not too lose weight and if this is why one goes on this , they are doomed to failure as they might lose weight but have lost the essence of what the cleanse is all about. It is ego driven
I like to get directly to the point and speak what I feel is the truth and this post in not intended to offend anyone.
joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:13 am 

I am a bit confused. I just started on the MC and I keep reading that probiotics are necessary. I can't find anything about probiotics in the book. Also, in the book on page 27 under recap of the steps, it says In the morning take the salt water (or) laxative tea. This should be done each night and morning during the diet - rare exception - if diarrhea develops. When diarrhea is ended then continue above directions. I already would say that I HAVE diarrhea after just one full day, do I stop taking the laxative tea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:18 am 

This info is very helpful -- thanks.

I do want to say, though, that while the Burroughs book may be the original source for this regimen, it is not written in a clear or orderly way. It has some basic info, but really is very scattered, the claims are not substantiated, and it includes a fair amount of goofy spiritual recitations, so overall it seems more like proselytizing than a reliable statement of medical/health advice. It does not contian much of the useful information that is shared in this forum, for example. I have not read the Peter Glickman book, but perhaps it is more serious and informative.

None of this is to denigrate the MC -- I am in Day 5 and am doing it on the recommendation of several people who have done it and whom I trust. I just don't find the Burroughs book to be a sufficiently reliabel guide for a rather drastic health practice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:24 am 

The fact that Burrough's book has been around since the 70's, gained an incredible worldwide following, has the support of naturopaths, holistic doctors, and nutritionists, and successfully carried millions of people through the Cleanse since its inception speaks volumes about the book's integrity and subject matter. It is in its simplicity that the Cleanse, and the book, are so successful.

Should you want more information about the inner workings of your internal systems, the information is out there. Burrough's book was created to be a set of instructions for a very simple, highly effective, very intense, cleansing program. Nothing more. I always suggest following the detailed guidelines set for juice fasting when coming off the Cleanse, as the book does not go deeply into generally accepted post-fasting "rules". But again, the book truly focuses on the Cleanse, and little else, leaving out medical jargon so as not to alienate any reader. The book was written to be easily understood and followed by <i>anybody</i>, it's "goofy" spirituality (quite easy to overlook) merely reflecting the spirituality of the author.

It is is because of the book's simplicity that first-time fasters unfamiliar with general fasting practices are encouraged to work with (or at least speak to) a holistic practitioner, coach, or nutritionist during their first fast. Especially persons with any pre-existing medical condition. The book leaves many minds with questions. However, through personal education, research, schooling, or with the assistance of a holistic professional, fasting "veteran", or even forum like this one, you can find answers and direction.

So, think of Burrough's book as simple instructions for the layman on the actual practice of the Master Cleanse. What you do before and after your cleanse should be carefully considered and planned with the aid of someone knowledgeable on pre/post fasting so that you can have a safe, healthful, and effective Cleanse. Best of luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:58 am 

Hey guys! just a question..

do i drink the tea at night and then do SWF in morning or do i just choose between the tea and the SWF? i saw someone say u can choose between....

can i do the SWF at night???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:01 pm 

Please follow the cleanse as instructed. The reason for doing the tea before bed and the flush upon waking basically has to do with the three cycles of the body's metabolic processes. (Read up on Food Combining to learn more about how to work with, and not against, these natural Body Cycles)

While awake and active, typically between 12pm - 8pm, the body is in the Appropriation Cycle. We put food and drink into the GI tract frequently during this time, and the body is busy focusing on getting things broken down and moved along.

Between the hours of 8pm - 4am, the body enters the Assimilation Cycle. During this time your body is focused on the absorption and utilization of the foods you ate during the day. Ideally, you want to stop eating 3 hours before you go to bed to be sure your body has enough time to complete Assimilation before the next cycle begins...

Lastly, from 4am - 12pm we enter the Elimination Cycle. This is where the SWF fits in so nicely. The body wastes and food debris are eliminated - (when not fasting/master cleansing) it is best to limit your intake of foods during this time to fruit or fruit juice, so as not to interrupt this process.

So, you can see why the SWF is so ideal for the Elimination cycle and inappropriate for bedtime.

We don't want to flush out all the nutrients you took in during the day - especially during the MC when we are giving our bodies a minimal amount of "food" to begin with.

Hope all this information helps!
Remember, the tea loosens, the salt water flushes!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:20 pm 

i love kari.
she is the one who introduced me to this and the best girl ever.
she knows what she is talking about, listen to her.
and she is sweet as a cookiebutton (an organic cookie button, p.s. what is a cookie button)?

Post subject: hmmm
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:11 pm 

I read that book, I know the rules but umm i just don't understand why you can't use other ORGANIC citrus like Grapefruit? :? I also know that you can use regular lemon(non-organic) and get the same results. I know exactly why thanks to AP Biology 2. Imean grapefriut actually has better nutrients than lemons... :?: hmmm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:16 pm 

thank god for you kari jo, someone who knows what they are talking about. for those who want to denigrate or question stanley burroughs: good luck doing things your own way. the book is very limited in its scope but specific in what it covers. and when i say that i am also referring to the "goofy" spiritual aspects. people like glickman are merely followers in the footsteps of where pioneers like burroughs first made tracks. you can include burroughs in the pantheon of such names as gerson, and shelton. trailblazers all and sufferers for being ahead of their times.

love, joshua

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next