[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Organic Lemons vs. regular

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Organic Lemons vs. regular
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:54 pm 

Hello folks,

I am planning to start my first MC in mid-October. I am curious about what people experience's with ordinary lemons vs. organic lemons has been.

Also, where can one buy organic lemons and what is their cost typically?

Thanks in advance

~ JB :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:22 pm 

I live in a rural area in WI and have had trouble getting organic lemons. At the nearest whole foods store, b/c it is now off-season, they will be nearly $1/lemon. I was lucky enough to find a sale on organic lemons at a major chain for $2.50/ 2# bag. This is an incredible deal. I bought 6 bags of lemons and hope they will last me the entire 10 days. I am starting my third day tomorrow and have already gone through 1.5 bags of lemons.

You should definately do your research before you start your cleanse to find the best bargain. It can be expensive. Non-organic lemons are much bigger, I have found, and it takes nearly two organic lemons for me to get the 2 T needed for one serving of the lemonaid.

Good Luck! Hope this helped some...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:11 pm 

There is a a big difference in taste also. I couldn't believe how much better organic ones tasted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:43 am 

conventional lemons defeat the purpose of trying to rid your body of toxins because you are running the risk of putting pesticides BACK into your body which can be very harmful. make sure you get a great juicer, as that helps to get the most juice out of your lemons. i got lemons for 5$ for a bag of 6, and 3 lemons lasts me the entire day because the juicer gets so much out.

Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you. (Matthew 6:33)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:11 am 

I agree with SoulSingerSonia 1000%. You are defeating the purpose by using conventional lemons during a cleanse. They are full of pesticides and other chemicals and you're not really getting the full benefit of the cleanse. As your body releases toxins, you're simply bringing more in.

To help with expenses, try shopping at farmer's markets and talk to the produce manager at your local natural food store or even whole foods about getting them in bulk and reducing your costs. You can sometimes find organic lemons and limes at Costco at reduced prices. Regarding the farmer's markets most of the time even if they're aren't labeled "organic", you know they are farmed without poisonous substances. Sometimes the stores have sales. Lemons are coming into season so the prices should go down???? Hopefully. Also check with your neighbors - most people who have fruit trees don't harvest them! And the poor fruit falls to the ground and rots. What a waste. It would be better to eat fruit from these trees than to buy conventional produce as well. I would say if you're really strapped financially and cannot afford organic, then it would probably be good to purchase the conventional fruit and cleanse. You will get some benefit from the cleanse, but you will get a better cleanse with organic lemons or limes. Just my opinion. :D

I've been eating organic produce for 15 years and yes it's a little more costly than conventional produce, but I feel I'm worth it and I adjust my budget accordingly. Aren't you worth it too?! We pay for quality items in other areas of our lives, why not make an investment in your health? There is a big difference in organic vs conventional produce - HUGE. Another way to look at it -- doctor's visits, chronic/terminal illness surgery, therapy & treatment etc are also very costly. Sometimes in the million/billion dollar range depending on the imbalance and illness. Why not put the money into yourself and enjoy your good health instead? Buy organic. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:24 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:47 am 

I didn't really think the difference was that big of a deal, but it sounds like it is.
I already bought 30 lemons from a local grocer.
Last week I saw Organic Lemons at Whole Foods that were quite pricey, but I guess I'll go and get em.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:16 am 

I read a magazine today...mens fitness and said with organic...if you are going to eat the skin then yes buy organic..but if you are peeling it you are ok.....