[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - 10 Day MC Complete Before & After Stats & Progress R

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: 10 Day MC Complete Before & After Stats & Progress R
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:32 pm 

Hi all,

Just a quick update. I completed the 10 day MC yesterday and am now enjoying my first glass of diluted OJ for the ease out.

Sept 19th (Day before cleanse, juice fasting for ease in)

Ht: 5' 9
Wt: 139.6
BF: 21%
Thigh: 22.5
Hip: 38
Waist: 32
Arm: 11.5

Note: I lost 3 pounds by the morning of the 20th when I started the cleanse, mostly water I'm sure.

October 1st
Wt: 133.0
BF: 19.2
Thigh: 22
Hip: 37
Waist: 30
Arm: 11

Today: OJ
Tomorrow OJ & veg soup
Saturday: fruits, veggies, soup, rice
Sunday: More of the same
Monday: Start weight lifting regimen

I will try to update with progress as I go along if anyone is interested.

Happy Health!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:40 pm 

Hi Sadie - Very nice stats! You must look fabulous! Hope you are enjoying the OJ. I'm excited to come off the cleanse and start my "normal" eating and workout routine.

Best of luck!

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:19 pm 

Thanks MM :D I found I fit nicely into some pants that I didn't last week and wore them with a smile.

Yesterday-1st day off the cleanse

Morning swim
Diluted OJ in the morning, Normal OJ in the afternoon, A whole orange for a snack, an MC LA for fun, a persimmon, and some more juice later. All with no problems or upsets. Feeling great!

Today-2nd day off the cleanse

Morning jog and stretch
Juiced oranges, pineapple, and apple for the morning. MMMM! Lunch was veggie soup with fresh ginger, garlic, mushrooms, baby bok choy, broccoli, and green beans. A few hours later another persimmon. So far all is quiet, no internal upset or anything like that. Looking forward to adding some brown rice later for dinner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:40 am 

Hi, Sadie.

I'm glad things are going well for you... now that you're breaking the fast and eating all those wonderful fruits and veggies... are you also taking your probiotics?

Congratz and successful cleanse!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:02 pm 

Hi SLM,
I haven't taken any probiotics. Just a yogurt with acidophilus & bifidus which I'm sure doesn't count for much. I am in Taiwan right now and finding the appropriate thing can be challenging at times though probiotics are in all the drugstores. I guess I should try to get some and figure whatever I end up with will be better than nothing huh? Thanks for the input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:47 pm 

Started my Body for Life training workouts. I am not doing the 12 week challenge per se, I just like the workout plans and guidance. I will be following it pretty strictly though so we'll see what kind of progress I make. Sunday will be my "day off" when I can eat what I want so I started yesterday and had a couple of things I had been missing during the cleanse, but didn't overdo it.

Starting my weight lifting regimen with upper body today and followed it with some fruit, silken tofu, and fresh veggie juice for breakfast. I try to separate my foods so these were spread out over a couple of hours. Feeling good, not weighing in yet, maybe once per week. Clothes are fitting great and belly is significantly flatter yay! I find I get full quickly and have not had much in the way of cravings. Still no probiotics...it is on the list :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:22 am 

Good luck Sadie! I love the work outs on the BFL program. They are simple, they make sense, and you can do them at home with little equipment. I hope you do well - keep us updated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:13 pm 

Thanks Jackie! I like the simplicity of it too.
Pretty sore today after my upper body workout. I did martial arts for my cardio today and will do lower body tomorrow. I have weights and use resistance bands for the exercises I don't have things like dumbbells for. Those bands are much harder than I thought they would be! No worries about them being to easy for sure hahaha.

Dinner last night: Organic brown rice with steamed mushroom medley. I got stuck eating a small pastry yesterday, and a scallion pancake today. Not part of the dietary plan! I wouldn't have eaten them except that it really would have been rude not to in both cases. Oh well, can't be perfect right? I find the heavy foods sit in my stomach and I'm not hungry for a long time after...

Foods for today:Breakfast: fresh pineapple, 3 scrambled eggs (1 yolk). (scallion pancake shortly after) snack, green apple. Lunch: tofu and steamed green veggies. Dinner: Brown rice, steamed veggies and a salad. late night snack: cup of unsweetened soy milk with cinnamon and splenda. You get the idea...

Post subject: One week after...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:16 pm 

Hi, today is one week since the end of my cleanse so I thought I'd take a quick peek at the scale. I was braced for some rebound, but I'm actually down about a pound to 132 lbs from 139.6 originally. I was surprised and pleased :)
breakfast: persimmon, tofu, fresh tomato with rice vinegar and sesame seeds. Snack: plain yogurt with probiotics. Lunch will be a sweet potato drizzled with olive oil and baby bok choy.

My tummy is still getting used to moving the foods through so I had some senna tea last night and had good results today. It is definitely not for lack of fiber, but maybe a little low on H2O so I am making an effort to drink more today.

Yesterday very grouchy and craving a "treat" but held out knowing it was psychological craving and come Sunday I can indulge if I really want to. Knowing I have a free day really helps me control those urges.

Happy Cleansing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:01 pm 

Sadie - I keep meaning to post to your blog and now I finally can!

First and foremost - congrats on the cleanse dear! My my my, you doo sound like you are quite the fit person (to say the least, i read the measurements!)... mixing it all up with all the exercise, wow I am greatly impressed and inspired by your fitness choices! (or way of life, if thats how you view it ;) )

Yet another post that I have read regarding people not becoming dreadfully ill post cleanse when transitioning to food - woohoo!

Great idea regarding the one day of 'break' haha. I've been considering the same thing myself...but we'll see, I wonder if I could stick to that or just be really conscious whenever i have what i consider to be 'no no' times. ANYWAY! Good for you!

Congrats again, and you're an inspiration!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:29 am 

Thanks RandomRaff, I've been enjoying seeing your progress too :)

I find the one 'free' day thing tends to work best for me because if I don't plan when I get to splurge, a little here, a little there, ends up being a lot. (And much more difficult to keep track of) Also, I hear it can be beneficial to have a high calorie day now and again so your metabolism doesn't get too complacent :) Who knows for sure? It seems to be working for me though.

Keep up the good work!

Post subject: Tongue, Skin, & Acne
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:20 pm 

A few things I noticed after the cleanse. Of course my tongue was coated for the whole cleanse and it wasn't until a few days after I had started to eat again that I suddenly noticed my tongue was a healthy bright pink. This was before I even brushed in the morning. Also, towards the middle and more so the end of the cleanse I started getting acne which is pretty unusual for me. It has pretty much all cleared up by now. A few months ago I stopped taking birth control pills and had some discoloration on my face that I think was from taking it for so long. I suddenly realized this week that it is all gone. I'm not sure if the cleanse quickened the process but in any case, my skin is looking great. For the first time in years, I feel like I could go out without foundation. Another odd thing, my dreams have been incredibly vivd lately...any connection? I'm not sure.

Got up and did the body for life cardio run on the treadmill. Really enjoyed it and felt like I could have kept going. Made buckwheat noodles with sesame paste, mushrooms and carrots for dinner. It was amazing. Had another small pastry thrust upon me which I ate with relish yesterday. Geez, imagine if I wanted to cheat how much damage I would do! Take care all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:38 am 

Didn't quite make it to the free day...

Well, workouts were good this week. I even got in a second run yesterday. Apparently I inspired a friend to get back into running and they asked me to join them for an evening run. How could I say no? But...I had a beer and some junky bar snacks last night. Then I was my usual healthy self all day and had some more bad stuff tonight at the night market. (They are my downfall!) But, I can't beat myself up over it. I know I will get in a good workout in the morning and then be hiking around most of the day so I think I can allow some splurging. BMs still not back to normal in spite of huge amounts of fiber I'm taking in. Probably should have gotten those probiotics...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:42 pm 

Well, my tummy is totally back to normal (going to the bathroom-wise). I have not been sticking to my 'free day' plan. It feels very restrictive, and I end up overindulging and focussing on food too much. I will have to keep working on this to see what works best for me. My exercise schedule was messed up this week due to going out of town for a couple of days, which also involved eating and drinking stuff I shouldn't have. For the most part though, I am still making healthy meals at home daily and exercising 6 days a week. I noticed I do better when I plan my workouts and put them on paper. It makes it easy when I roll out of bed to just follow whatever is written there. I've put a couple of pounds back on which could be water, from eating salty foods out, and/or muscle gain from weight lifting.

More important than the small setbacks are the large gains. If I'm doing what I am supposed to 80% of the time then I am pretty happy. I have to remember not to say "oh I failed, well I might as well just say to hell with it and go back to my old habits" but instead just work on improving my habits bit by bit. Thanks for reading and I hope all you cleansers are doing great out there!