[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Antidepressants & Master Cleanse

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Antidepressants & Master Cleanse
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:44 pm 

I've taken a antidepressant for the last 12 years & am not at a point where I'm ready to quit. I want do try the "Master Cleanse" program for the possible benefits. Will I not get the benefits if I continue to take my antidepressant?

Thanks in advance for a helpful response.

Post subject: Re: Antidepressants & Master Cleanse
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:22 am 

I am not an authority to say the least, BUT I do know that anti-depressants are really not good for you in general. Yes, they do immensely improve your life by allowing you the boost up from way down, but if you really want to be truly healthy then letting go of the drug and allowing your body to really heal itself, I think, would be the way to go. I have dealt with depression for the last many years and have almost turned to anti-depressants but have always known that if I was actually eating right, exercising right, drinking enough water AND sleeping properly then my depression would go away. So many things in our lives affect our emotional health and it's human nature to ignore the important and go for comfortable, but comfortable quite often means fat, lazy, unhealthy and unhappy. I don't mean to offend, I have no idea who you are or what you look like, I'm merely speaking from my own experiences. If I were you, though, I'd not attempt a true cleanse unless you were working with a naturally/alternatively geared doctor. Good luck, it's totally worth it in the end!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:37 am 

Thanks for the response sixsmiles6 & suggestions I will consider.

I guess a simpler way of asking would be: Has anyone had the success claimed in the book while still taking antidepressants?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:15 am 

Hi Nomad,

I am on day 7 and I am currently taking Effexor. I having been losing - I've dropped 7 lbs. I tried weening myself off my meds and it was not pretty.

Good Luck to you!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:36 am 

hello "lovecabernet"

That's great you have lost the weight!!

I'm not really in for the wieght loss, I'm 5'11 and 150lbs and really can't afford to loose any muscle or fat weight. I play soccer, run & lift so burning weight is easy without this cleanse...I'm want to do this for the cleanse & healing benifits.

How do you feel? Do you feel like your body & mind has benifited from this?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:15 am 

Well my first reason to do this is for the cleanse. I have not been very good to myself over the last three years. Going through divorce and a lot of other stress factors. I want to jump start my body into starting a healthier lifestyle and make myself a priority again. Losing weight is a bonus for me and I won't lie it helps keep me motivated. But I do feel so much better. I don't need my caffeine in the morning and I don't even miss my wine. I sleep so much better at night. I feel so much more rested when I get up in the morning. My first goal was 10 days now I'm thinking to go to 14 days. If it works out and I feel good, I might go for 21 days. Taking it day by day.

Good luck to you!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:53 am 

Thanks Lovecabernet... I glad to hear you are getting great results & good for you... I'm starting this coming Tuesday...

And thanks again...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:42 pm 

Generally, if you're on any prescription medication, you want to continue to take it during the Master Cleanse, unless your doctor recommends differently. Antidepressants shouldn't be as much of an issue, but those on some medications (like diabetics or those taking high blood pressure or heart disease prescriptions) should talk to a doctor, as the dosage needed may change if you aren't eating. Definitely not a bad idea to run it by your doctor, though :)

Good for your for wanting to make some positive, healthy changes in your life!