[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Forty days or bust..........

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Forty days or bust..........
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:24 pm 

.....actually, I'm hoping to have LESS bust by the time I am finished.

I have to admit..I've been lurking around for a while now, reading and taking in all the info and I'm a bit frustrated that people don't follow through with their stories. So, regardless of how I do, I promise all you lurkers out there that I will at least let you know if I have bit it if that is indeed what happens!

This is the deal with me. I would love to sit here and tell you all that I want to do this cleanse for some higher power, to find enlightenment, that I shoved a magic crystal up my butt and came to the amazing conclusion that I needed to do this cleanse. I'm sure in his infinate wisdom, Stanley wanted us all to be that way. But, I have to tell you......I want to lose weight!!! Now before I get a ton of finger waving explanations about how the cleanse is not supposed to be used for that reason, let me just say that during my "lurking" stage, I noticed even those with the best of intentions were focused on the weight loss side effect above most else. I rarely read many posts about how great their liver felt, but more of the number of pounds they had lost. However, I gladly welcome the sense of well being and balance that may accompany this journey. But the bottom line is that MY bottom line is in need of shedding some enlightenment!!!!

This is my story.......I am the proud Mom 4 beautiful children. Two of which came in the form of twins just a couple of months ago. NO..I am not breastfeeding, no need for a" talking to"! During a moment of temporairy insanity, my dear husband and I thought just for giggles, we should have 4 kids in 4 years! Not recommended if you enjoy sleep, quiet, sex or anything that doesn't involve children crawling on you! Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change a thing about my life except the one thing I have the worst relationship with in the world....FOOD!!

I grew up like many obese people do...alcoholic father who was abusive, low self esteem etc, etc, etc.....not that I'm making light of that situation, but I've dealt with it and moved on. I did use food as my crutch and have been overweight for many years. Emotional eating.....thought it was a good substitute for insanity and I'm sure it served it's purpose for a while. When I had my children, I knew it was time to deal with the garbage in my life and did so. It WAS the hardest thing to do ( but highly recommended), but then I was faced with a nasty realization. I am addicted to food! And not the good kind.(Is anyone really??) So, that brings me to now. I am ready to tackle this issue, but food and I need to be seperated for a while until we learn to play nice again! It's an appreciation thing and I need to learn to use food for what it's intended purpose is.

Tomorrow will be day 1. Iwould love to get to 40 days, but we'll see. What I do promise are these things:

1. I WILL be very detailed throughout my journey. As things pass from my body, you will feel like you're there with me. If you don't like that, perhaps you should read someone else's experience. I want those who have never tried to do the cleanse to get a very accurate account of the crap (pun intended) you go through!

2. I WILL blog daily and never keep you hanging.

3. I WON'T blow sunshine up your butts about how things are going. If they suck, you will know. If I have any AHA moments...you also will know.

4. I WILL post pictures during my journey. I think people need to see what will actually take place. Hey...I can't wait.

5. I WILL support anyone that want to join along. I just want the same honesty in return!

With that said, I must go buy some pooping tea now. Can't wait to be crapping my pants!!! Till tomorrow!

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:36 pm 

Well I'll be sure to check back with you because I can't wait to hear how you do!! I'm on Day One and it's tough but hey...look at the short term goal. You want to do the MC starting tomorrow and get through tomorrow then the next day.

One day at a time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:34 pm 

[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:34 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:19 pm 

Welcome to the site, twinmom!

I am just finishing Day 4 and I feel really good about what I am doing. I am also excited about the weightloss that I am experiencing.

I decided to do the MC as a way to first get my body off of sugar cravings and junk cravings because I can't lose weight and still eat all those things.

I also decided to do the MC as a way to build my self-discipline when it comes to food and eating habits. (I had NONE!)

I wanted to rid my body of old waste and just get a clearer mind and body.

But ultimately I am trying to lose weight with a healthier lifestyle, better eating habits, and begin learning to incorporate some exercise into my life.

The MC is helping me to accomplish all of the above and the jumpstart I am getting with the weightloss is great! (I've already lost a bit over 11 lbs in just 4 days!)

But I am learning a lot about myself and my old habits while I'm doing this and it is really helpful.

My initial goal was to do this the full month of January...and so far that's still my goal...but I'm just planning on reaching each milestone (10 days...14 days...etc.) and evaluating how I'm feeling and how I'm doing and go from there.

So far so great!!!

I look forward to following your progress as well.
-10SE Gal

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGF1kwN/]

[/url]

Day 3 (1/3/07): 259.3 (-1.3 lbs.)
Day 4 (1/4/07): 255.4 (-3.9 lbs.) WOW!!!
Day 5 (1/5/07): forgot to weigh :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:36 am 

Good for you twinmom,

I think this will help you tremendously. Just to clean out your system.

Keep us posted. This is my 3rd day and all is well.

Have a great day,

Emerald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:06 am 

You made me laugh so hard this morning!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!! But I can so relate to everything you said!!!! Not trying to burst your bubble or anything but I have tried this twice now and both times I lost it!! I caved in. It's hard. But I am starting again today and hopefully this time I can hang in there.

I'm needing to drop about 40 pounds to put me at my goal of 120. I have 3 kids ages 16, 9 and7. So the baby fat thing is not an optional excuse for me!!!

I wish you the best of luck. I definetly enjoyed your sense of humor in your post and look forward to following your journey in this.

Post subject: Good Luck!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:52 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:55 am 

Day 1...
Remember the good ole' days when SWF meant single white female??? It will never mean the same thing to me again! I guessing you may be able to tell that I have now completed my freshman salt water flush. Some interesting facts about the SWF..even if you plug your nose, it still tastes the same(that taste would be NASTY if your curious). Most nasty stuff becomes less gross with the beloved nose plug, but in this situation, it really just makes the whole thing even more unbearable. Despite bad memories of accdidentally swallowing ocean water as a child when swimming, it really wasn't that bad. I had night tremors worrying about how I was going to get this down.

The very best part of the morning so far was a pleasent surprise for me....I LOVE THE LEMONADE! I have much conviction that within the next oh 7 days, I will most certainley refer to it as "devil juice", for now, I will embrace it and appreciate that does not taste like crap!

Speaking of crap...................I am still waiting for the effects of the SWF. I had visioned grabbing pampers from my twins and hearing "bad plumbing" noises coming from the land below, but so far nothing. I really never thought I would be disappointed that chronic diharria wasn't part of my morning, but I'm a bit sad. Now, I did however feel the effects of the senna tea that I let steep for 30 minutes last night. You will grow to understand many things about me over the course of this 40 days. One of which is my natural ability to take EVERYTHING to the extreme! So, if the package says steep for 15 minutes, I will let it steep for 30. Yeah...it's an issue I hope to have a AHA moment with soon!!!!

Well, I will be back in a bit to let you know how the day goes on. I also have some insight to share regarding your maiden voyage to the store to get supplies. Shall we call it " How to get supplies without looking like you have never consumed a healthy thing in your life".

DRUMROLL.......starting weight is a whopping 218!!! I will only weigh in every ten days. Must not get obsessed!!!

Last edited by twinmom on Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:19 am 

LOL I was actually pretty lucky when it came down to finding everything I needed and didn't have to go to an actual GNC or Health food place. We have a Whole Food Grocery here. Thank Goodness!!!!! I've had to go to the GNC before for something and it's true. I walked in there like I was lost or something. Then walked around like a total idiot til someone finally asks if I needed help!!!

The cashier at the Whole Foods Grocery knew exactly what I was up to when she rang up my items I was purchasing. And I had no trouble finding any of it there!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:41 am 

Hello Twin Mom! You most definitely have the right attitude about the cleanse! I met Stanley in 1972 when I was living in Sacramento California. He was quite an individual, as was his wife! Been cleansing, usually yearly, ever since. I generally do 40 to 53 days...sometimes less due to travel. A few hits. Important to eat light for a few days before the beginning of your cleanse. Lots of apples, no meat. The first morning take the laxative tea. We generally have quite a bit in our intestine that first day which makes it hard for the saltwater to work. Have You read Stanley's book? I notice that You are in Canada...if using Canadian quarts be sure to use heaping teaspoons of the salt as He directed. On the second day the saltwater should come thru just fine. LOL...that saltwater can be running thru pretty clean and then on like the 20th day You can pass something that You won't even want to know where it came from. But will be glad it is out. Events like a cold that lasts 4 hours....or laryngitis that lasts 2 hours are perfectly normal. Whatever is in there that needs to come out...will come out. My personal trick for the salt water. Make sure the water is plenty warm. Place a glass of fresh water within reach. Take slow deep breaths and think of something salty that You enjoy. Then hold Your breath and take big swallows. Before You release Your breath, rinse Your mouth with fresh water, spit it out and breathe. This way I don't taste the salt and it is much easier. I am on day 6 today. Took my saltwater just before starting this e note and am already feeling the urge...LOL. While cleansing I always become so aware of how addicted we all are to food. I work in a salon with 28 stylists and assorted support staff. Just amazing to me the food consumption and how little of it is necessary or even healthy! Of course, everytime I fast they all want to do it "to lose weight". I always tell them the same thing. If they are ready to read the book, I will help them. So far none of them has had the focus and self discipline.
Time to work out and then get ready for work. Be sure to drink plenty of water in between the lemonade! Will check in with You daily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:53 pm 

Day 1 cont'd

For some reason, I have had that Johnny Cash tune "Burning ring of fire" ringing in my ears all day!!! What could have brought that on you might ask?? Perhaps the flaming explosions that seem to be taking place ohhhh every 30 minutes or so! As for my last post , wondering if the SWF was working or not, I no longer question it's potency. Just takes a while to kick in I guess!!

Day 1 went OK. Around 3:00 pm, I started craving food in ways I can not explain. I find this all so strange because on any other normal day, being the healthy eater that I am, I wouldn't normaly even eat until the evening. So why would I be so hungry THIS afternoon?? Funny how the mind works........

While I was pregnant with my twins, as you can imagine, I grew to an ENORMOUS size! I didn't actually gain a lot of weight, but I was huge with babies. Needless to say, much damage was done to all those fabulous joints and legiments that brave the task of carrying not only a fat chick, but a fat chick with two other chicks inside her! My equipment didn't hold up very well and I have developed myself a fabulous addiction to Tylenol with codine! Yes, I seem to have fallen into the sterotypical desperate housewife role as a prescription junkie! To make along story short, today is my day first off cold turkey and quite frankly...I want to kill someone! I know that I do need some form of pain management, but as fun as they are, it was time to say goodbye to my friend the happy pills.( That would be my affectionate pet name for them). So, I guess I DO have other reasons to do this cleanse other than weight loss. It's saving me money I would have had to spend at Betty Ford!

So, to summerize day 1.....IT SUCKS! My arse is on fire and I could eat the ass end out of a skunk, but really, was I expecting anything different? I can't wait till tomorow!!!!

Thanks so much for all the nice posts! It's nice to know that there are people supporting me and eventually, once the starvation fog wears off, I will respond to each of you individualy. For now, I have to remind myself that spelling IS something I know how to do. Focus is an issue today!!!!!

For now, I'm going to spend the rest of my evening writing a little love poem about lemonade...perhaps that will keep my mind off food! If it's good, I'll post it tomorrow!

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:56 am 

Twinmom,

I 'm starting day 4 and and doing well. I also have twins 3 years old. My husband has been taking them to eat at night so far and I've been hitting the hay very early.

Hang in there. I went through IVF and I had so many medications in my body that I wish I had known about the cleanse when they were months old I bet it would have cleared out my postpartum.

I wish you the very best and hang in there.

Emerald

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:44 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:57 am