[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Liquid Vitamin

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Liquid Vitamin
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:25 am 

I read in another thread that this person added taking a liquid vitamin. Has anyone else done this? I know in the book it says you get "all you need" but it seems on an intuitive level that there must be many vitamins & minerals missing during the MC. If it's a liquid wouldn't it have little or no impact on the MC process? Any thoughts or experiences? THANKS!

thread: http://www.mastercleanser.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1164

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:52 am 

Hi...that was my thread....

I use a natural liquid vitamin/mineral IN LIEU of the maple syrup to save calories...it doesn't get washed away any more than the minerals in the maple syrup would...I use a liquid because anything solid would activate the digestive process (which we don't want to do) ....I found that I felt better with the liquid supplement than with the syrup...it was also less expensive in the long run...

I used the syrup in the beginning...but it is my opinion that if you are going for the long haul ( I did 3 weeks each time and will do 40 in January) the liquid supplement is better. it is important to get ALL your juice in if you are using the supplement...8 to 12 glasses...

I researched several fasting sites for my information...and no.. natural LIQUID supplements DO NOT adversely affect the cleanse because they do not add toxins OR activate digestion.

I hope this helps.

"we're gonna need a bigger boat!"

"I ain't no holla back girl!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:59 am 

Thanks Loren! So either/or but not both...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:15 am 

well...technically I guess you could use both...but there would be no point really...I just wanted to save calories...maple syrup has LOTS of calories and they are mostly empty calories...it DOES contain minerals and such but only in trace amounts...thats why I prefer the supplement (natural only) for a longer cleanse. the supplement should be minerals AND vitamins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:08 am 

Thanks Loren! Say...I saw you were part of the 11/27 "Brigade". Are you still on the MC? Is that group still going?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:39 pm 

in-ter-es-ting (first time hearing about this)...

loren- how much of the liquid vitamin would you use? same amount to replace the maple syrup? can you suggest any brands?

oh, how does it taste? and what differences did you feel compared to the syrup?

thanks, -a

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:10 am 

how it tastes depends on what you buy....I don't know what difference I felt...maybe less sluggish and tired...you use what it says onthe bottle;all vitamins come in different strengths....you can go to your local health food store and choose wht looks best and most complete for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:52 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:30 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:52 am 

I would have some tremendous reservations about substituting for all carbohydrates not provided by lemons for such an extended period of time. Even using the Atkins program, they encourage people to intake a minimal amount of carbs for sustenance purposes (I want to say about 15 or 20grams at a minimum). Also, I'm very concerned about the increase in cravings that might occur as a result of not using any carbs. I used 1/2 of what I was supposed to one day of maple syrup (MS), and within 2 hours after I started the day, I felt very tired and hungry. I increased the MS to where it was supposed to be and within 15 minutes, I was fine. Just my thoughts, though.

PS. the amount of sugar (not carbs) you are taking in from lemons is only 1/2 gram per serving of lemonade.

Day 10:197 (eve)
Day 11:195 (morning)
Day 12: 194 (evening)
2 weeks later@ 200.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:27 pm 

it is possible to water fast for 40 days....so leaving out the maple syrup won't make that much difference...in fact leaving it out can keep your blood sugar and insulin levels from fluctuating which in turn lessens cravings...also ketone levels rise which also lessens appetite...believe me...maple syrup is not so powerful a substance as to make that much difference in a long term fast....just ask Jesus or Moses....

maple syrup is mostly empty calories....the carbs are simple carbs (sugar)not complex carbs...nothing there to sustain you in the long run....the minerals are present only in trace amounts.....I prefer to eliminate the calories...but really you should do what works for you...

yes I plan to use the supplement for my 40 days.....a fasting trick that I know is if you start feeling woozy or dizzy after 10 or 14 days...you can allow to melt in you mouth a sliver of banana or avocado (only a sliver) this will help to keep electrolytes in balance and will alleviate the nausea and dizziness...not immediately..it takes about 30 minutes or so... the sliver of banana or avocado is so easily digestible that it does not disrupt the fast or cleansing process and it works like magic...anyway...thats a trick from my old water fasting days...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:42 pm 

I would never advocate or go on either of those types of diets, but to each his/her own. We know from the Atkins studies that once you trick your body into burning fat in absentia of carbs, your body becomes that much more efficient at creating fat once you go off of the diet, and permanently remains that efficient. I can only imagine what would happen were you to do it for 40 days in a row, especially if you are doing this to achieve a marked level of weight loss and are prone to cravings and a slow metabolism. I picture also a very unique set of physiological changes to the body over 40 days in absence of any simple or slightly complex carbohydrates that may not adjust back to the way they were (ie, fast twitch to slow twitch muscle, etc.) which probably is of no consequence to the average sendentary person, but would be significantly detrimental to someone who is even borderline athletic.

Day 10:197 (eve)
Day 11:195 (morning)
Day 12: 194 (evening)
2 weeks later@ 200.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:26 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:38 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:50 pm