[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Thoughts, Recommendations, Links & Resources

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Thoughts, Recommendations, Links & Resources
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:32 pm 

Here are some thoughts and recommendations based on my first MC as what I found most useful from my initial research of the many other threads and articles I've read...

Lemonade:
* Vary the lemonade. Try limes, making it over ice, or drink it as a hot toddy at night.

* Try to drink the lemonade on a schedule of every 2-3 hours. It keeps the blood sugar level constant and reduces/eliminates cravings. If you still have cravings and are taking less than the 2 tbls. of maple syrup (I use only 1 tbls to increase the weight loss) then add more syrup. If you still have hunger take the next lemonade sooner. Make sure you drink at least 6 x 8oz each day even if you are not hungry.

* Get the best quality organic lemons/limes you can find regardless of the cost. The smaller, thin skinned lemons are ideal. Even if you spend $1 or more per lemon it is still a lot less than what you spend on one meal you would normally eat. If you can't find them, really scrub non-organic lemons to remove the pesticide. Unfortunately, no one knows how much pesticide or chemical fertilizer gets absorbed through the fruit's skin.

* The lemon juice can leech the enamel from your teeth, especially on longer MCs. It's best to drink it through a straw, beyond your teeth. If you are on a longer MC or feeling sensitive you can also rinse with water and brush your teeth with an "enamel repair" toothpaste immediately after drinking each lemonade.

* When you prepare the lemonade, especially if you make a batch in advance, put the cayenne pepper in right before you drink it. The pepper can get very hot if left in the lemonade for even a short a period of time.

Elimination/Detox:
* Celtic Sea Salt Fine Ground (Whole Foods) is a GREAT non-iodized salt for the SWF!

* Start drinking lemonade about a 30-45 minutes after you drink the SWF. It seems to speed things along.

* Try Smooth Move Peppermint flavor. It tastes pretty good and works just as well.

* Drink a LOT of water. You hear/read that all the time about that for every fast and every diet but it's even more important on the MC. It helps flush out the toxins and keeps you feeling full.

* Shower/bathe often, at least twice a day. Your skin is the largest organ of your body and it excretes toxins even if you're not sweating. Wash those bad boys away and make both your inside and outside "sparkly"!

* Try using a tongue scraper & brush often especially after your tongue starts to feel "fuzzy" until your tongue turns pink again.

* Exercise every day. You'll feel SO MUCH better as well as have that motivational endorphin rush. Try to work up a good sweat as it helps increase the excretion of toxins. If you can't do a workout at least go for a long walk. It's best not to do weight training which tears down the muscle fibers since you are not eating any protein to help re-build them.

Favorite Herbal Teas (Caffeine Free):
* Choice Organic Peppermint
* Numi Organic Moroccan Mint
* Celestial Seasonings Decaf Mandarin Orchard Green Tea
* Twinings Peach & Passion Fruit Herbal Tea (great cold as an iced tea!)

November 2020 Update:
Where to begin? I can't believe it's been 14 years since I first posted this! I thought it might be helpful, after all this time, to add to my original thoughts. Yes, I have done a MC every year since 2006. Some years twice. I'm in the middle of MC 17. I've posted a few journey blogs but in the last years there's been hardly anyone on this forum (very sad) so I stopped posting. My personal MC is 21 days. I've done 4 of 30+ and have never had a bad result! Once I get past the first week or so it's pretty easy. I've had a good and not so good diet over the years and have tried a few new ones (Paleo, Keto). They worked but it never felt as healthy as a primarily vegetarian diet. I've been a pescatarian for the last few year which works best for me, especially living on the coast of So. Florida (forgive our election mess every 4 years) with access to fresh seafood.

The most important thought I wanted to share is about inflammation and the gut biome. There has been a lot of research about all of the negative health issues exacerbated by inflammation and most importantly how it degrades the immune system. There is NOTHING better than the MC to remove (not just reduce) inflammation, toxins from the gut biome and "reset" the body! It's why we feel so squeaky clean after finishing. Over these past 14 years I've hardly ever gotten a cold, never the flu. In this time of Covid-19, and even after we conquer it, having a strong immune system can be the difference between life and death! There is nothing better that we can do for our heath and longevity than reducing inflammation and gut biome toxins. Nothing! Use that as motivation :)

Links:
Stages of Fasting:
http://www.healthrecipes.com/fast21.htm

Bio K (Probiotic):
http://www.biokplus.com

Water Calculator:
http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwa ... ulator.htm

Kari Jo's 40 day Juice/MC (inspirational!) thread:
viewtopic.php?t=643&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

NYT Article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/fashi ... ref=slogin

Reading Material:
* The Master Cleanse by Stanley Burroughs - The "bible" in pdf
https://www.realrawfood.com/sites/defau ... eanser.pdf

* Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin - Two young, hip girls gave it that title to be cool and sell books but it is in fact a great, well researched book about how your body processes food and even more important how that food is processed by the food industry. It's an eye opener (especially the sections on the Meat, Chicken and Dairy industry) and even if you don't become a Vegan (I didn't) it will change your thinking and your life!

* Raw un-cookbooks recommended by Kari Jo:
Raw in Ten Minutes
Rawvolution
The Raw Gourmet

----------------------------------------
My first MC journey:
viewtopic.php?t=1270

Last edited by SHC on Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:06 am, edited 17 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:20 am 

Last edited by SHC on Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:38 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:41 pm 

Post subject: Something I would like to add to this
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:54 pm 

Post subject: Another tip
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:39 am 

Don't kill yourself with the diet tea. Make a weak tea (one teabag to two cups water) and drink no more than 4-6 oz. at a time - bedtime and in the morning are good times. This way you will have more natural movements, no 'running' to the bathroom and none of the cramping some people complain of.

Post subject: The Book
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:21 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:10 am 

Yes the link is just an electronic format...it should be the entire book and it is free to print, save, download onto your computer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:13 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:16 pm 

Post subject: is anybody....
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:46 pm 

All I have to say is, along with the MC drink plenty of water, too. I am breaking out in little bumps due to the lemons and limes I'm consuming. I have been on the fast for 26 days and I am doing fine except for these bumps on my chest area. Man I am uncomfortable, but I am doing fine other wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:58 am 

SHC and JAM ... i appreciate the info. very informative. was on a 'modified' version of the diet according to someone who had told me about it, and i will make corrections. have been on the cleanse for 9 days now and am going to be on it for at least 21 days. i developed kidney stones following a spinal injury in 2005. have been healing since. so, i'm not just interested in losing weight (which i am).

had the same problem with sensitivity to my teeth. your suggestion makes sense. thank you.

was not doing the salt water flush. consequences of that, if any?

i was not able to download or read the pdf. file with mr burrough's book. did anyone else have that problem?

also, does one need to have 1/10 cayenne pepper with [u]EACH 8 oz. glass of lemonade[/u]? i was making 24 oz. and adding 1/10 tspn to that. then drinking it through the morning ... then another later in the day/evening. the 'shot' sounds like a great idea, too. would enjoy the lemonade more.

have been drinking over a gallon of water a day including the drinks ... spring water. is distilled water okay to drink, too?

you made some very helpful suggestions with reading material, as well. so, here's something that may be of interest to the those of you who are on the path to healing ... as you see fit. i read a wonderful book by louise l. hay ... You Can Heal Your Life. it speaks to the true nature of all disease. it comes from within. dis-ease. when we are troubled about ... anything ... it shows up in the body. i hope to hear from anyone who can help me with the questions i asked. thanks, again.

these are some of my thoughts about what i've learned over the years. if they resonate with you ... excellent! if not, they're just my thoughts. powerful to me, but harmless enough to those who disagree:

our bodies reflect our thoughts. they do. and thought is the greatest power in the universe. it is pure energy. without it, nothing happens. thought leads to the source of all creation ... love. our emotions (love and its opposite ... fear) are the result of our thoughts and are very, very powerful. and, when the body is weakened by our negative thoughts (negative energy - everything is made of energy, positive or negative), it is 'made' vulnerable. when we expose our body to toxins and chemicals that we put into it from all the processed foods we eat, we suffer illness. i've been healing myself emotionally and combining this with the master cleanse diet in order to make myself whole ... complete. i am learning to let go of the hurt from my past to embrace the future. it's a journey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:58 pm 

i noticed you listed a couple caffiene free teas to drink along with the cleanse, but does it matter if they have caffiene... yerba mate? green tea? red tea? of course all organic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:37 pm 

Distilled water is a good choice : )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:15 pm 

Another site with a wealth of fasting information and after cleanse ideas and recipes on the boards.

On Fasting
http://www.freedomyou.com/level%202/Fas ... 0Guide.htm

Recipes for after MC
http://freedomyou.com/level%202/RECIPE%20GUIDE.htm

Forums
http://freedomyou.com/phpBB2/index.php

Blessings as you Enjoy!!