[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - Narcolepsy symptoms are gone!

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: Narcolepsy symptoms are gone!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:51 pm 

I was diagnosed in 1998 with Narcolepsy by blood test and by the sleep latency test. By 2001 I had high blood pressure, migraines, and food allergies all linked to Narcolepsy and my medication, ritalin. I had become unable to function and live a normal life. If I wasn't on my medication I would have 8-10 episodes or spells a day where my Narcolepsy would take over. Either way I was doomed. My husband and I were tired of me being on several medications and began trying herbs and natural cures. We found 5-HTP to help reduce my daytime episodes but I was still unable to stay awake past 9-10pm at night and the thought of having children was non-existent. Then we were told about the master cleanse. We were skeptical but were willing to try anything. It WORKED! I didn't take any medication for my Narcolepsy for the following year and didn't have one episode! I had eliminated all of my Narcoleptic symptoms, had no more migraines and could eat all of the foods that had been giving me problems. After a year my symptoms did start to slowly slip back into my life. One spell here and there. A migraine every few months. But as soon as we recognized those items we immediately did the cleanse again and the symptoms disappeared. Since 2004 I haven't been on any medications, I no longer have high blood pressure, migraines and narcoleptic spells. I truly believe that the chemical hypocretin, which narcoleptics lack, has begun producing itself again. I feel it stopped being produced by toxins in our environment. Toxins that stopped the production of that chemical and lead to Narcolepsy. I have not had the blood test retaken to check for hypocretin and my Neurologist basically laughed at me when I said I had cured myself. I'm willing to share my story with anyone and I am trying to get someone in the Neurology field to listen to me and give this cleanse medical back up that it works. For anyone who has Narcolepsy I'd recommend trying this. It has saved my life. [/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:06 pm 

Post subject: Another Narcoleptic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:53 am 

I, too, have narcolepsy. I have several sleepy periods throughout the day. Seeing as I have 4 children and a full-time job, I use Provigil (a stimulant) to get me through those periods in the day. However, over the last 5 years, I have gained alot of weight and my partner discovered and suggested we do the cleanse. This is the only thread in any board on the master cleanse that I have read related to narcolepsy.

I slept a tremendous amount of the first day. I've never been one to have trouble eliminating waste, but I tend to eat late and have long since identified that as a major cause of my weight gain.

I drink caffeinated drinks throughout the day. My tendency to abuse caffeine is directly related to being overtired all the time. Sleep deprivation for narcoleptics is no joke. I had one cup of coffee on Day 1 and have already had it on Day 2. I'm not sure the morning coffee can ever be given up simply because it keeps me awake for an hour long drive to work early in the morning. However, I'm going to try to continue to avoid the post-morning caffeine. Though, I suspect Provigil will still be needed at least initially.

:P I'd love to hear about the experiences of other narcoleptics!

Post subject: Re: Narcolepsy symptoms are gone!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:10 am 

I've also been suffering from narcolepsy for the past 10(ish) years. I wasn't diagnosed until 2005 however. Today is Day 8 of my first MC & I have yet to take any narc meds (I take Alertec which is a form of modafinil)! Hurray! I hope this has cleared up (or at least relieved) the problem! It's exciting that there's a possibility I won't have to be on (expensive!) medication for the rest of my life!
I also suffer from a dairy allergy & recurring shingles (I'm only 25). Has anyone noticed any relief in these aspects of their life after completing the master cleanse?
How long were you on the MC for?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:14 am 

I have son that was diagnosed with Narcolepsy and Cataplexy in 2008. He is 11 now. I have heard that The Master Cleanse can really help reboot the system. Unfortunately he is too young. Is there an alternative cleanse to get toxins out for children or a milder form of the master cleanse? I don't want him to wait until he is 18...he's condition has gotten worse and he was building a tolerance to the medication He was a perfectly healthy child up until 8 years old so i do believe some kind of toxin has slowed his system down. We have started the Paleo diet (since the tolerance to medication was building) which is no carbs or sugars and we were able to take him off the pills after just 3 days. He still has sleep episodes at school and in the car but no more cataplexy and he was sleeping the same amount on the pills actually. So we know for one that with a proper diet we can stabilize it. I like the idea though of being able to get rid of all the toxins in 14 days vs a life time of no sugar or carbs especially for a kid. Is waiting 7 more years to do the cleanse too long and too late to save him from a life of narcolepsy? Please advise!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:25 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:29 am 

Hi,
My heart goes out to you and your son. I don't claim to be a professional, and I don't really know anything about narcolepsy, but I thought of a few things while I was reading your post.
I'm not sure that doing the Master Cleanse would be very appropriate for someone so young. Personally, I would be more inclined to go with a short-term fresh juice fast. That would provide far more vitamins and minerals than the MC alone can do. Also there are a few books that you might read. I'm not completely against the Paleo diet, but I don't really go for any food plan that completely cuts out all carbs. Processed carbs, yes, but the good, complex carbs are necessary for your body to function properly, especially if your son is a Blood Type A. That brings me to the first book that I really think you would benefit from reading. It's called Eat Right For Your Blood Type and it has very interesting information about how each blood type requires different foods in order to prevent and treat/cure diseases. In other words, not every food or diet plan is good for everybody. What is healing for one blood type could act as a poison in another. It's well worth the read. Another concept that you might want to research is called Food-combining. Suzanne Somers wrote a number of books about this method and it has worked wonders for many people. You can go to Amazon.com and search for both of these books. The prices are actually pretty reasonable. Another thing that I would suggest to you is that your son might very well benefit from taking zeolite. You said that you think his narcolepsy might have something to do with a build-up of toxins in his system. Zeolite is great for this, and it is very safe. I have put a link at the bottom of this post where you can find out about the best zeolite out there. I don't know the man personally who sells this, but when I had some questions about zeolite in the past, I called the number on his website, and he was very, very informative and helpful. He actually called me back to see if I had any other questions or concerns. I would suggest that you look into zeolite for your son, because it is a well-known aid to getting toxins out of the system. It was actually used in Cherynoble in children after the nuclear accident over there. I have one last thing that might interest you. I mentioned juicing with fresh veggies and fruits, and there is a documentary called Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead that you can watch for free on hulu.com I've included the link to that also. Juicing is fantastic for healing the body, and it might be something that you could look at also. I hope this information will be helpful to you and that you and your son will find something that works for him. I would urge you to look at the Blood Type diet and the zeolite, for sure, and take the time to watch the documentary. Keep me posted, and may you find the health you're seeking for your son.

http://www.etszeolite.com/?gclid=CPXY4O ... gwodeQ7HLg

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat-si ... early-dead

P.S. One other thing that I just thought about and it's worth a try is called CellFood. You can find it at health food stores, and also on Amazon. It is a great product that I have used myself, and it has made me feel much more energetic and well. It is expensive and so I haven't bought it on a regular basis, but it's actually well worth it, in my opinion, if a person can afford it. It is very safe for children also, and if you buy it in a health food store, they can advise you on how many drops to give your son each day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:07 pm 

Thx so much for all your info. I do like all your ideas. I am definitely getting the book on food for you blood type and will look into cellfood and zeolite. We have been juicing allot already. Lucky for me he loves all fruits and vegetables. He has always been a very healthy eater so its amazing to me that he would have this condition when i see so many kids eating horribly and have tons of energy in comparison. Its been hard to give an 11 year old FDA approved drugs with tons of side effects.It was necessary for school but now that its summer we are working on all the homeopathic remedies possible. HE's been a trooper thats for sure!