[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4284: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4286: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4287: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4288: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3493)
Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet • View topic - She's going vegan and gluten-free...

Master Cleanse Forum - Master Cleanser Lemonade Diet

Success Stories, Questions & Support
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:56 pm

All times are UTC - 10 hours

Post subject: She's going vegan and gluten-free...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:48 am 

This is my post-cleanse thread. Maybe daily posts, and maybe not. It is all about going vegan and gluten-free. A huge step for me. I'll have an emphasis on raw foods for the phytonutrient content.

Today: Orange juice and vegetable soup, and loving it!

Current weight: 220.4... up a pound since I finished the master cleanse two days ago.

I chose 196 because that's when my BMI will move out of being 'obese' into being merely 'overweight'. When I reach that goal, I will set another goal. I'm 5'8" and 59yo.

Post subject: Re: She's going vegan and gluten-free...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:05 am 

Hey there,

Congrats on finishing the master cleanse (15 days was it?), I'll keep up with your new thread, who knows, maybe vegan is the way to go for me too.. I was vegetarian for awhile.. I didn't like the thought of killing animals.. lol

Oh hehe I liked your weight loss ticker! Great site!

"Change what you cannot accept, and accept what you cannot change, but have the wisdom to know the difference"

Reach your weight loss goal fast at the

Only going to weigh myself every few days..

Last edited by runwiththewind on Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:20 am 

Congratulations She on 15 days! You are inspiring to a lot of folks on this forum.

I am on day 8, and am planning to go vegan after too.

Best wishes to you on your journey!

Julie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:25 pm 

Good luck on the next step of your journey!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:32 am 

Thanks, everyone!

Post-cleanse day three

I got a nice surprise when I stepped on the scale today - down almost two pounds! New weight: 217.6....

I chose 196 because that's when my BMI will move out of being 'obese' into being merely 'overweight'. When I reach that goal, I will set another goal. I'm 5'8" and 59yo.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:37 am 

AWESOME!!!!! :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:05 pm 

Great!

"Change what you cannot accept, and accept what you cannot change, but have the wisdom to know the difference"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:25 pm 

Hey She,

I'm glad to see you're journaling post-cleanse. It is such a healthy activity. I have missed this for so long, am excited to be back again, and I know it's corny but I have missed you especially! You have been such a good source of support. I hope to see you on here still, and share some recipes!

-katie

[/url]

Because nothing tastes as good as being thin feels...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:11 pm 

Hi Katie! Good to see you!

Here's my menu for today:

Breakfast
Lots of water, then chai tea, a slice of warmed rice bread (gluten free) topped with a dab of coconut oil instead of butter, and then 1/2 tablespoon apricot preserves (no sugar) on one side and 1/2 tablespoon natural peanut butter on the other.

Lunch
Vegetable soup and organic non-GMO potato chips. (Kettle brand)

Dinner
I made ... what a treat! Good thing I got the mild chopped jalapenos as they were quite spicy enough. :shock:

I used fresh mushrooms saute'd with the tempeh which required a little extra oil/lime juice/soy sauce.

I used liquid aminos instead of soy sauce. Same taste but uses non-GMO soy.

All vegan food. Looking for non-GMO ingredients... and organic of course.

I had refried beans, medium salsa, a corn tortilla, and a green salad on the side.

All reasonably small portions.

No snacks today. I wasn't hungry between meals.

So far, I love learning to cook vegan!

I'll have to ease into raw foods. My SO is dragging his feet on getting a juicer. When I get back from my vacation I'll save my money and buy one myself if he doesn't.

Last edited by She on Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:25 pm 

That sounds a million times better than junk food! Delicious

If you want your SO to buy it for you... just ask him every 5 min lol. My fiance uses that technique on me all the time.. and it works:D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:12 pm 

Runs With the Wind,

Thanks for explaining badgering technique 101 to me. LOL!

Today he said he hasn't bought it yet because he wants to give me the money he was planning to spend so I'll spend three nights in a hotel rather than in a campground as I was intending! I will do as he asks but will be sorry not to see the lake every morning when I get up. He's worried I won't be safe there. :!:

I forgot to mention earlier - my son works in the local market. He walked up to me while I was shopping today and said, "Mom, I didn't recognize you!"

"What? Why not?"

"You just look different! I saw your van parked outside and was looking for you and saw you in another aisle and didn't think it was you."

"I lost twenty pounds since the beginning of the summer."

"Well, you look great, Mom!"

Best praise I could have gotten. My own son didn't recognize me!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:19 am 

Hi She,

I am with you- I'll take my campground over a hotel any day!

About the juicer, I wanted to see if you were planning on getting a masticating juicer. That's very important. Once you start researching you'll see that the other juicers actually destroy the nutrients which is such a shame. A lot of people just don't know... A masticating juicer costs a small fortune for sure. Sometimes you can find them on Ebay at a decent price.

You are doing such a good job with your weight loss! Way to go! I know it is definitely harder to shed the pounds post-cleanse. Your food sounds delicious, going to have to try it. That was so funny about your son, and awesome! One of my daughters I hadn't seen in awhile and about an hour into our visit she said "Mom!" and I turned around thinking something was wrong, and said "What?!" and she went on and on about how much thinner I looked. It felt so good :)

Keep sharing. -katie

[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:11 am 

Awwww your hubby and son are so cute!!!! :D

My dad actually taught me the guilt trip technique without realizing it. Lol. But I don't use it, that's plain mean!!

I'm more worried about bumping into people due to the weight i've gained... no one says anything, but they start staring at my body. Some people actually tell me to my face lol. I'm like thanks thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:32 pm 

Hi She,

Just sending some good positive brain waves your way- hope all is well with you :) -katie

[/url]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:30 pm 

Hi She-- Just breezing by but had to leave a hello for you. Congrats on all your successes! I just read through this thread. Your new eating regimen really interests me because I'm just at that crucial point of reentry and have been making healthy freezer foods for when I'm fully back into eating.

Today is my second day of orange juice, after completing 40 days of the MC. Yeah, I am proud of myself; longest ever, and not one bit of cheating. Whew. I lost 14 pounds that I know of (had no scale for first 10 days!) and this morning was 141 pounds (still 5'6"). Went from tight 12 jeans to loose 8 jeans, which haven't fit for over two years.

Didn't get to the ultimate pink-tongue goal, but this serves to motivate me for the Spring Fast. Disappointing too, though, because being a bit of a purist, I'm more interested in knowing I've cleansed my machine than I am in losing weight. To me, the weight loss is just a great confirmation that I did the cleansing right/well, so the body can then police itself. Oh well, I'll be marching toward March with healthy eating in the forefront so that I can achieve the best cleansing results at that time.

Yes! Camping! Yes!